Thread: RT on/off and a Classic valve.

RT on/off and a Classic valve.

I have a R/T on/off and would like to put it into a classic valve with a level 10. Is there anything I will need to do
    to ensure proper function?

Thanks in advance.

SZ
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    This is AO, find/make/mod an alternative .

Yes. Take the classic on off out first.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Now thats funny.

But seriously... to answer your question. It will work, but you'll suffer from short stroking and with the LVL10 it will be even trickier to get full shots at rapid firing. If you are using a mechanical trigger then you need to make sure you fully pull the trigger back and let it go all the way forward. It will make the trigger lighter and have a very small RT feel, but I doubt you'll like it. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Post up your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Now thats funny.

But seriously... to answer your question. It will work, but you'll suffer from short stroking and with the LVL10 it will be even trickier to get full shots at rapid firing. If you are using a mechanical trigger then you need to make sure you fully pull the trigger back and let it go all the way forward. It will make the trigger lighter and have a very small RT feel, but I doubt you'll like it. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Post up your results.
    Would it work better with a Level 7?

SZ

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i didn't notice any issues with my rt on/off and lvl 10 / 7 setups.

aren't you supposed to use a shorter on/off pin (standard length is .750)? the pin in my rt on/off is .745 for whatever that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    i didn't notice any issues with my rt on/off and lvl 10 / 7 setups.

aren't you supposed to use a shorter on/off pin (standard length is .750)? the pin in my rt on/off is .745 for whatever that's worth.
    A shorter pin could help. I'm just talking from personal experience that I've not been able to get a RT on/off to work well in a classic valve and a mech frame. I have had great success with a RT on/off and a hyperframe on a classic valve.

A LvL7 might also help a bit too, but just like all mags you will need to test things out because each valve can be a little different and can act differently. Try it out and see what happens.

I have to admit, I have two on/offs in two Classic valves. Neither is L10, one is a pump and one is a pneu frame. Both seem to work fine, but I don't actually have one in a mech frame.