Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would there be any interest in a run of T2W brackets?

I too would be interested depending on price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Looks like I will have a non-airthrough 98c Longbow stock for sale soon, found an airthrough one to replace mine. Would be a perfect candidate for this project
    Is the mounting points on the t2w and the 98 the same. If they do 98 style mounts it will give Alot more options for stocks

It's not so much 98c as it is Special Ops Stocks. The mounting points on all SO stocks are the same giving you lots of options.

We lost the preorder sale thread and some other details in the crash or hi-jack (whatever it was), but we have a total of 5 of 25 units sold. There was an "underwhelming" response to to project after the sales thread was posted. But really that is what I was kind of expecting as I suggested here>

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    That is not something that can be banked on, people always see the market to be much broader than it actually is.
    I actually have my doubts that we can even fill an order of 25.

So if we did a run of at least 25 that's actually 75 parts I need to make, so this wont be a cheap accessory in the two digit range.
    I also stated I didn't think I could get in under "3 digits" we ended up coming in just uder.
    I've crunched the numbers and if we can do 50 units I can cut almost 30% off that. I just don't know if we can get this off the ground.

Yea, it was quite amazing how all the interested parties vanished once the preorder thread was up.

Even the original t2w air thru stock was fairly pricey, I'd say your price probably wasn't all that far off on what it would have cost to get those from spec ops. The only factor would be how many more of them spec ops would have made per run.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    Yea, it was quite amazing how all the interested parties vanished once the preorder thread was up.
    I don't think you can blame anyone for that though, because without any idea on what something is going to cost, it's easy to be "interested." I realize that the interest thread is a necessary step, because if nobody is interested then there's no need to do the math on what the cost for a run of 25 or 50 will actually be. But you've got to know that it's likely more than half the people who are "interested" have not made anything about the idea their priority in spending, nor have they committed to anything.

No one is mad or anything, I'm just trying to figure out how to make this happen. I can get the price down but I have to make more parts to do it. Lack of response to the sales thread means the price point is too high, but like I said I pretty much expected that. Most of the time I take the up front losses with the expectations of making it up long term way down the road. But, I take those gambles if I think the market will support it or eventually support it, I just cant ride this one out...

I didn't think you were mad or anything, Luke. I was just responding to how people put too much weight into the "gauging interest" threads, getting their hopes up thinking that's going to be an instant 50 preorders. You've got good reason to be cautious about projects like these; even if they end up panning out and being a good idea, the only person really at risk is the person who takes on the project, buys the material and does the work (that's you! haha). I know you're only bringing this one back up because the forum got damaged and we lost some data.

Hopefully this one pans out for the people who really wanted it to go. If it doesn't though, I guess that just means some of your other projects will have to move off the back burner, right? (couldn't resist, lol)

Nah, not mad or even really surprised people would balk at the price. I deal with a local machine shop a lot and know how expensive it can get so I had a good idea of what it would cost and am ok spending the money on the brackets. I was more commenting on how people vanish when it comes time to put up the cash for a project like this. I find it more amusing than anything... I was (and still am) hoping enough people step up to fill the slots.

Otherwise it'll have to wait till I get my milling machine and learn how to use it! (Hahahaha)

Is there a new link to the pre-order instructions like before? I'll shop that around to other forums, rather than just limiting it to this one thread. I already purchase the 98 Air thru stock so that would really suck if the brackets don't get made.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    We lost the preorder sale thread and some other details in the crash or hi-jack (whatever it was), but we have a total of 5 of 25 units sold. There was an "underwhelming" response to to project after the sales thread was posted. But really that is what I was kind of expecting as I suggested here>

I also stated I didn't think I could get in under "3 digits" we ended up coming in just uder.
    I've crunched the numbers and if we can do 50 units I can cut almost 30% off that. I just don't know if we can get this off the ground.

Check the dealer's forum in the BST section for the new preorder thread. I think it's against the rules to link to there from this forum.

Sale thread here>>>

T2W Three Piece Bracket pre-order

I have around 20 new dogleg stocks I have been talking with Luke about offering a bundle sale with his brackets. I will post official details in dealers section when I get a picture so people can see it mounted. Trying to make it very cheap and entice people to buy. Details and pictures to come. Trying to breath life into this project!