Thread: The trouble with Pump Mags (as I see it)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    very nice...how do you make drawings like that?
    Adobe Illustrator.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Patience guys, I will be doing these, no need to start a campaign.
    I'm in the middle of a project "everyone" (All 3 of you, lol) wanted awhile back. I've just started looking into pump kits.
    w00t! Sign me up! Will you be using my rail concept? If so I demand monetary compensation! err.. naming rights!?... err... Honorable mention....??

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    w00t! Sign me up! Will you be using my rail concept? If so I demand monetary compensation! err.. naming rights!?... err... Honorable mention....??
    The only way I would deviate from the basic kit would be a complete redesigned AGD powered pump marker, that that wont happen this go around. (KISS)

I've seen the pricing on a couple used kits. What's the price point on a new one? Aside from the $50 in milling it takes.

Would the kit be able to use aftermatket pump handles for say a phantom or autococker?

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    I've seen the pricing on a couple used kits. What's the price point on a new one? Aside from the $50 in milling it takes.

Would the kit be able to use aftermatket pump handles for say a phantom or autococker?

the original kits couldnt use the aftermarket pump handles...so hopefully a nice new design is what will be made that can fit both a winged rail as well as a flat rail and be able to use other types of pump handles?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    the original kits couldnt use the aftermarket pump handles...so hopefully a nice new design is what will be made that can fit both a winged rail as well as a flat rail and be able to use other types of pump handles?
    Fitting both rails should not be a problem, using a 2 screw mount for both should work. (no wings)
    If there is a specific after market handle design you guys want to use I will need a loaner to design from.

Hint hint ...... i really wish Luke would make a pump kit, you really make quality stuff.

I am not so opinionated with the pump handle, although a tactical one might look great with the current tac1 body Luke already milled for me in hopes of finishing my build. However, I really love the hittman lever. Some how to incorporate that into the pump handle of choice would get my vote and money
    Last edited by barkingspider; 04-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    If there is a specific after market handle design you guys want to use I will need a loaner to design from.
    GoatBoy has a point with the magpul AFG. It's not for everybody, but I've thought about making a pump handle that is about the size of a mounting rail just for that purpose. It would be nice to have that option. The CI tac pump kit was a bit too much for me with the side rails though.

Since it is being thrown around, another thing to consider would be a new way to interrupt the semi-auto action. If you latch the sear back with a magnet or mechanical latch in the rail, you can get rid of the weak bolt spring and wave spring and run a level 10 without special tuning. The main problem would be that the pump stroke would be even shorter unless you did something to intentionally keep it long.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    GoatBoy has a point with the magpul AFG. It's not for everybody, but I've thought about making a pump handle that is about the size of a mounting rail just for that purpose. It would be nice to have that option. The CI tac pump kit was a bit too much for me with the side rails though.

Since it is being thrown around, another thing to consider would be a new way to interrupt the semi-auto action. If you latch the sear back with a magnet or mechanical latch in the rail, you can get rid of the weak bolt spring and wave spring and run a level 10 without special tuning. The main problem would be that the pump stroke would be even shorter unless you did something to intentionally keep it long.

if you went that way the pump rod could run thru the trigger frame and instead of interrupting the bolt function you could possibly interrupt the sear funtion? Possibly...haha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The only way I would deviate from the basic kit would be a complete redesigned AGD powered pump marker, that that wont happen this go around. (KISS)
    so its gonna be the third AGD kit made? just with a different name on it? AGD, CI Kit, and now a Luke's kit?