Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HO LEE COW thats NASTY!!!

Still looking to get a dual rod pump plate done for my rainman kit...but here are current pics with the X-Valves:

here is a update:

working on getting a pump plate done, and would like to find 2 15rd Spring feeds that will fit the Warp adapters....still a work in progress!!!
    Last edited by need4reebs; 04-24-2013 at 08:18 AM.

I like the dual spring feed idea. That'd be neat.

I've baked on alternate ways of getting a spring feed onto a warp body, and the conclusion I'm coming to is: don't use the feed neck. Ditch the feed neck, and mount the spring feed housing against the rail. The process for that winds up being much easier if you can easily modify rails *cough* *cough*.

Feed-neck-as-structural-feature needs to be ditched.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

And here is what I'm talking about:

It is *almost* doable with the stock SA-17 spring feed and a picatinny mounted at a 45 degree angle off the rail, but the lock runs into the grip frame. So some extra modification is necessary.

I'd draw up a completely new rail that had that housing built in and reuse the plug and spring tube, but that's just me.

It will definitely be tighter in than anything based off the feed neck.

Again, I truly hate the idea of feed-neck-as-structural-component in paintball. It needs to go.

very nice! there is a 1/2" thick adapter holding the 2 mags together that could be used to attach a spring feed adapter so the rails wouldnt need modifying, but i gotta get it set up with pump kit first before doing anything with the spring feeds? thanks for the ideas...wish there was more feedback...but its all good!

My stuff is at home so I just filled in reasonable values for what I think the SA-17 mag is; will fix when I get home. I think I will actually build one of these since I have a spare warp left body.

(Just a single, not a nasty like yours. I think the people at the field would drop bricks if I showed up with a nasty springfed mag.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    My stuff is at home so I just filled in reasonable values for what I think the SA-17 mag is; will fix when I get home. I think I will actually build one of these since I have a spare warp left body.

(Just a single, not a nasty like yours. I think the people at the field would drop bricks if I showed up with a nasty springfed mag.)

looks good to me man...would be a Sa WeeT lil set up!

Moving forward with the Nasty Mag, got the Spring feeds ready and getting a lil Mod done that should be complete pretty soon? Didnt wanna let another Nasty Mag thread dide like all the rest so here are some updated pics:

the Spring feed:

and the Nasty Mag:

Last edited by need4reebs; 03-20-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Pump Nasty Mag!!!

up next will be a Nasty Pneumag using the same platform......Sa WeeT!!!!

looks good man.

Looking good with the spring feeds!

oh hells yeah!!!

yup its tha first Nasty Pump Mag built...so far that i know of???

I bet that's a lot of fun to shoot - be good to see a video

Guess you would have to chronograph twice to set each valves FPS

Wow, impressive.

Enjoy it.

just wanted to give yall an update on my main project...my Nasty Pump Mag...whoo hoo

but since i was having a few binding issues like i knew i would trying to use the pump channels milled into the mag rails...i went and did a lil MAG-yver'ing...haha...and did a Magnet mod to control the sear assembly instead...Sa WeeT!!!!
    Last edited by need4reebs; 05-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.

So the whole thing is magnetically actuated/interrupted. I have a series of magnetic wafers (rare earths?) on each side of the "sear plate" with the stronger/nearer set being in the back. Then the pump rod has a magnet assembly on it that will pull the "sear plate" forward w/ the help of the on/off pin to cock tha marker

Using the small wafers is a good idea because you can add/subtract as needed until you reach the optimal field.

Hi Reebs!

The nasty mag is looking pretty sweet!

Got any pics of the magnet setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Hi Reebs!

The nasty mag is looking pretty sweet!

Got any pics of the magnet setup?
    yup...want me to PM ya some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    yup...want me to PM ya some pics?
    Sure!

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    So the whole thing is magnetically actuated/interrupted. I have a series of magnetic wafers (rare earths?) on each side of the "sear plate" with the stronger/nearer set being in the back. Then the pump rod has a magnet assembly on it that will pull the "sear plate" forward w/ the help of the on/off pin to cock tha marker

Using the small wafers is a good idea because you can add/subtract as needed until you reach the optimal field.
    youre wlecome

PS, would like to see how this pans out, pics and such. I'm just happy someones running with the idea

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    youre wlecome

PS, would like to see how this pans out, pics and such. I'm just happy someones running with the idea