Thread: Rt effect or "sweetspot"

Rt effect or "sweetspot"

First I will start by saying I am just getting into Automags and I do not know much about them. I have a Automag Rt Pro with a ule body, that I bought a couple years ago from an old friend. I didn't know much about it but he let me shoot it and I loved it. As far as I know its completely stock and I don't think he ever messed around with anything. I played with it for a year or two and I am just now starting to want to upgrade some of the parts. (just bought a clamping feed-neck, and an on/off asa) I see videos all over the place of peoples Automags shooting crazy fast whenever they touch the trigger. However mine when I can only get the trigger to bounce only now and then, and its not for long. I can shoot maybe 20 balls before it stops bouncing and I have to find the spot on the trigger again. I was wondering is there anything I have to do to the internals to allow more bounce? Not that I want to be able to do 25 balls a second every time the wind blows on the trigger, but I would like to not have to mess around with the trigger for a minute just to make it bounce. Its also worth mentioning that I have a shp ninja 68/4500 output pressure 1200 psi.

I have mine set up with trigger stops and ULT and can get high ROF on demand and its pretty sustainable. Others with the same setup, don't seem to have as much. Some say it has to do with the fact that some valves just have more bounce than others, but I swapped out the valve for another that I had, just kept the same ULT and had the same results.

NB4 Need4Reebs asks for pics dood!

That is what I want, I want a decent ROF on demand that's sustainable for more then 2 seconds. Is there anything I can change that will get me closer to that? Preferably something that doesn't require a lot of experience to be able to do?

Grind down the on/off pin till you reach your desired effect.

It takes practice to get it to RT on demand. Like muscle memory for your finger. Practice...practice...practice...

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I have mine set up with trigger stops and ULT and can get high ROF on demand and its pretty sustainable. Others with the same setup, don't seem to have as much. Some say it has to do with the fact that some valves just have more bounce than others, but I swapped out the valve for another that I had, just kept the same ULT and had the same results.

NB4 Need4Reebs asks for pics dood!

wat trigger frame are you using? lvl 7? lvl 10? any pics?

You have a higher output tank which is one of the easier ways to achieve bounce.

Use the gold spring on your level 10 if you are using a level 10 bolt.

Use a shorter on-off pin. You can simulate a shorter pin by adding a shim or two between your on-off halves.

The trigger frame is critical as well. Some are better at finding a sweet spot than others. Use shims on the side of the trigger to reduce side to side motion. Any motion other than forward-back movement will reduce your ability to find that sweet spot.

Use an efficient barrel. An efficient barrel will reduce the pressure needed to fire the ball at your desired velocity which in turn increases the pressure differential across the on-off. The higher pressure differential is what causes the reactive effect.

As mentioned,
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    You have a higher output tank which is one of the easier ways to achieve bounce.

Use the gold spring on your level 10 if you are using a level 10 bolt.

Use a shorter on-off pin. You can simulate a shorter pin by adding a shim or two between your on-off halves.

The trigger frame is critical as well. Some are better at finding a sweet spot than others. Use shims on the side of the trigger to reduce side to side motion. Any motion other than forward-back movement will reduce your ability to find that sweet spot.

Use an efficient barrel. An efficient barrel will reduce the pressure needed to fire the ball at your desired velocity which in turn increases the pressure differential across the on-off. The higher pressure differential is what causes the reactive effect.

As mentioned,
    ^This. I've been playing around with this recently myself (same tank set up as OP). At first I got a decently findable and sustainable 14cps with no barrel. I added a barrel and paint and it jumped up considerably both in ease and ROF. I've used two frames with this. Lukes Vert mini single trigger and AGD Z-GRIP. The Vert mini achieves almost instant runaway (which is not what I'm looking for). The Z does 14 - low 20's with easy and control. Was very surprised to see the difference made by the frame and barrel.