Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first time at LL

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    True. I didn't read your post that way. Doing any of these types of things from home is a great option. Never tried it, but the P90X or whatever is supposed to put a whooping on you.
    Got one friend that does p90x. He is ripped. And yes. He will tell you it kicks your butt till your built up to it. Then it kicks your butt some more.

I've never been to LL or any scenario game before. I'm 99% sure I'm going this time but, I would like to bring my son with me. He will be 13 by then. Couple questions-- is that too young? Would it be okay for him to be part of the AO Army team?
    Just want to make sure before I buy airline tickets etc.

my 14 year old bro will be with me, BRING HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by kjcent View Post
    I've never been to LL or any scenario game before. I'm 99% sure I'm going this time but, I would like to bring my son with me. He will be 13 by then. Couple questions-- is that too young? Would it be okay for him to be part of the AO Army team?
    Just want to make sure before I buy airline tickets etc.
    I'm with Zac in saying "bring him." He's welcome to play with us, be part of the AO Army, and hang out with us off of the field. The guys at CPX try their hardest to keep it a family show. I think CPX's low age limit is 10. My friend's son might be playing with us this year and he's 11.

As far as "being too young," this is really up to you (and him). There will be times in the game where you're doing a lot more walking than actually shooting (or being shot). The field is quite massive and I expect that we will probably have the New Empire held back pretty far for most of the weekend. He will do a LOT of walking. If he's a trooper and can handle a day of walking in the heat (for some reason it's been unseasonably hot on that weekend for the past four years), bring him along. It'll be an amazing experience for him. If you haven't already, have a read through this thread on this other forum. It should tell you everything you need to know.

If you still have questions for us, ask away.
    Last edited by bbotts77; 01-30-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Outstanding! He's excited to go and have fun. Now time to order his AO jersey. Thanks guys, I look forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by kjcent View Post
    Outstanding! He's excited to go and have fun. Now time to order his AO jersey. Thanks guys, I look forward to meeting you.
    Awesome! I look forward to meeting everyone (whom I haven't met yet), too.

it'll be good to finally put a face to you ben, lol

ever find out about the under 18 wavier?

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    ever find out about the under 18 wavier?
    I did ask Sean about the waivers. He said that the CPX Sports Underage Waiver is what needs to be filled out. He did say that they are working on online waivers. He was not sure if that would be completed before LL7, though. So, make sure you fill out one of these and bring it with you.

Sorry for the delay on that. I think I was waiting to hear back from Sean about the online waiver. The PDF waiver is what you should fill out.

do we need to bring id's or what do we bring to show we paid and good to go.... perhaps i missed this part idk?

When you register on line, you will get a registration number and a transaction number. I printed mine and will use it as a receipt. They may be able to look up your registration info with an ID as well.

do we need to bring id's or what do we bring to show we paid and good to go.... perhaps i missed this part idk?
    I always print my registration receipt, even though they know me pretty well. Definitely bring some form of ID, though. That's always a good idea.

MOTY3
    Hey guys I plan on using these at LL7, I think these are JT "Flex" goggles ? It has been so long since i have used them I prolly should replace the lenses. What JT lenses will work with these ?

^ i think JT spectra lenses

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    it'll be good to finally put a face to you ben, lol
    I thought you guys crossed paths last year when Ben was grilling fajitas at my camp?

They just started to make the flex goggles again, look at hustlepaintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Hey guys I plan on using these at LL7, I think these are JT "Flex" goggles ? It has been so long since i have used them I prolly should replace the lenses. What JT lenses will work with these ?

At the event do we need to bring our own tables?

At the event do we need to bring our own tables?
    I usually bring a table or two with me. I don't mind eating off of the ground, but I'd rather not. There will probably be a few picnic tables available. But, there definitely won't be enough for everyone. I would say, if you are able to bring a table, then bring one. Definitely bring camping chairs. I usually bring a couple, so I have one for myself and one to loan out.

Ok, so maybe I missed this, but other than the 'museum' vendors area, do we have a specific area where we will be staging?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Ok, so maybe I missed this, but other than the 'museum' vendors area, do we have a specific area where we will be staging?
    Seconded. If we aim to play together, we ought to be able to stage together.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post
    Seconded. If we aim to play together, we ought to be able to stage together.
    I still don't know how staging is going to work. I know the normal staging area is in play this year. I'm guessing we will probably stage out of the camping area. In that case, we will have a pretty large area roped off. This is where I'll be setting up my pop-up canopies, tables, chairs, grills, etc... I don't camp.

I'll get in touch with the guys to find out what's going on with that.

I'm talking a table for me and my gear, I take up a good amount of space myself..... I wasn't sure if there were going to b enough table real estate for us all. So.far the plan is 4 with me

What's A good time to get there and have a group meeting or whatever we all need to b on the same page.... At least I will need to know where to set up at

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    ...I'm guessing we will probably stage out of the camping area. In that case, we will have a pretty large area roped off...
    ^As of right now, this is the plan^

I have stakes, tape, and reflective paracord on order to rope off our section. I might not be able to get down there on Thursday to rope off our section. But, I think I'll be able to get these supplies to Zac, so he can take care of that task. I'll be down there mid-morning on Friday.

i can get there early or a day before i live 50ish min away.... how far away will we be from the fields im workin with a little less than others

i can get there early or a day before i live 50ish min away.... how far away will we be from the fields im workin with a little less than others
    Last year, we were in the yellow area. I'd like to get in the green area this year. If not, back in the yellow area.

Last year, we were in the yellow area. I'd like to get in the green area this year. If not, back in the yellow area.
    I expect to be there about 4pm Thursday. I will have some supplies to rope off as well.
    Along the tree line is best option. Zac and I, and whoever else is there can rope the area.

That's one hell of a walk to load up and.clean up!

That's one hell of a walk to load up and.clean up!
    You're going to be walking a lot regardless of where we stage. This is actually one of the closest places we can setup. I'm hoping they have the busses running this year. That'll at least cut down the time it takes to get from the air station to insertion.

You're going to be walking a lot regardless of where we stage. This is actually one of the closest places we can setup. I'm hoping they have the busses running this year. That'll at least cut down the time it takes to get from the air station to insertion.
    Wow it's that big huh... guess I am ditching the warp for this one.

Evil u r gonna have to sling it like me bro! I'm wondering.if I should bring a wagon lol