Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camping At CPX

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore View Post
    They will have concessions there according to Sean Scott - But doesn't hurt to bring a few snacks and extra waters. I assume the concessions will have "captured audience" type pricing

Styg
    The Concessions are pretty legit. Decent food/portions/prices. They dont gouge just for the event. But you'd be on your own for breakfast. I dont think it opens up until lunchish time.

Thanks guys good to know

They usually have bratts, burgers, hotdogs, pizza, italian beef, chicken boobs, and few other things I'm surely forgetting. It's good food and the prices aren't too bad.

That being said, I usually bring a small grill or three to cook my own, slightly more healthy food. I'm guessing we (as a group) will have a few grills and if you bring your own food, there would be room to drop it on one of the grills. I am currently planning to have at least one little Weber Smoky Joe and another small charcoal grill. I also have a small gas grill on its way to me. So, I'll probably bring that, too, if it makes it here by then.

CPX really isn't close to any stores. If you're staying in a hotel, there will be stores near there. If you aren't staying in a hotel, you can probably convince someone to drive you to a store, who is. Just ask around.

Well I'm driving up and camping and I'll be bringing a small camping grill and some good food and my dad has decided to join me for his first ever time playing paintball and I know he will bring food and he might end up cooking for people cuz he likes to cook lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrum85 View Post
    Well I'm driving up and camping and I'll be bringing a small camping grill and some good food and my dad has decided to join me for his first ever time playing paintball and I know he will bring food and he might end up cooking for people cuz he likes to cook lol
    I typically bring some extra food, too. But, don't count on it because I won't have enough for everyone.

add me to the list idk if we will have 2 tents or one big one but there is 5 of us, one committed to sleeping on a hammock lol, i would love to be able to park close to our camp whats the word on that? i would like to have some contact info so when i get there im not runing around like a wounded duck, which im wounded but well lol im coming still!!! a few of u know of my accident back in feb but thats only slowing my forward movement not my finger lol

and good advise on tents or anything i should know/ bring/ have to make our stay decent? Im looking forward to meeting u guys!

Glad to hear that you are going to make it man. Lol speaking of tents I still need to get a tent but keep spending my money on parts
    Last edited by Syko89; 04-28-2014 at 01:19 PM.

I hear u lol

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    Linked from First time at LL
    This is the far NW corner of Campland #1. It really is the best place to camp and stage out of. The trees on the left block the afternoon sun and it puts us right on the netting and near the air fill stations/bus pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Linked from First time at LL
    This is the far NW corner of Campland #1. It really is the best place to camp and stage out of. The trees on the left block the afternoon sun and it puts us right on the netting and near the air fill stations/bus pickup.
    yes sir! whats a hotel run?ty

yes sir! whats a hotel run?ty
    I think I'm paying about $115/night for two nights. If you're considering a hotel and not camping, you better find a hotel, soon. They're mostly full already.

defiantly cheaper to set up a tent!

decided that a shower and hot tub with pool was better for me.... just need room for staging please!!

decided that a shower and hot tub with pool was better for me.... just need room for staging please!!
    seems to be the general consensus - most of my crew are now in a hotel, but we will still need at least enough space for staging since it sounds like we will all be staging from parking lot and camping areas
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

Should be arriving this time next week. 1 week to go

Hey just wanted to let whoever is roping off area that my tent for me and my dad is about 14x10 and my pop up is 10x 10

Anyone who is arriving on Thursday and is either camping, or wants to help rope off the camping area, send me a PM.

For those camping and arriving after thursday, dont worry we will rope off space for you.

Probably one of the last few times I am checking this thread before the event.

By the sounds of it, we need to prep a staging area for the whole AO Army and anyone on the Vandals.

Currently the numbers of people camping seems to be pretty light but we need to at least claim a string of space along the netting near the insertion area to make out staging as close as possible I would think.

Do we need to start just keeping tally of popups and tables as well?

Styg

I am camping and bringing a popup and two tables , one table for my tent and the other can be used in the staging area

I'll be there to help but I may be busy with the museum. any members who can help with this is greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to be there Friday around 2:00, give or take. Have a couple of technical errands to run when I get in, but apart from that plan to offer my services to whomever needs help setting up tents, tables, or whatever. So BT, if you need help with the museum, peachy. If someone else needs a hand, also peachy.

Roping off an AO staging area should REALLY be a priority if help isn't needed on the museum front.

I should be at CPX by 4:00pm on Thursday. I (and anyone else who will be there thursday) will rope off an area large enough for all of AO to camp and stage. Location will be in area #1. the exact size and location will be determined by what's already taken by others before I get there.

If anyone else is arriving Thursday, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    I should be at CPX by 4:00pm on Thursday. I (and anyone else who will be there thursday) will rope off an area large enough for all of AO to camp and stage. Location will be in area #1. the exact size and location will be determined by what's already taken by others before I get there.

If anyone else is arriving Thursday, please PM me.
    Awesome. We will be rolling in Friday AM, hopefully early.

Most of my group will be rolling in around 2pm Friday so a very big thank you for the guys roping off space for us. Are you thinking the staging canopies should all line up along the netting or just in a clump close to the entrance?

I have 10 people coming, Original plan was 1 canopy, but we will probably bring an extra for Saturday at least, several of our guys have to leave Sunday Morning

Styg

So long as the netting is tied down at the bottom, I don't see why not up towards that area (though you may get paint splatter).

Bbotts purchased a crap ton of 4' rebar and rope, I'll bring a sledgehammer

Yeah agreed, we don't need people reaching under the net to grab our gear. Not having ever been there, I wasn't sure if that netting was in an off limits area or not. Is there anyone coming along just to hang out at camp that is willing to play security and kind of watch our staging area?

Styg

I plan to have a long folding table there will be 4 ish guys with me. Bt if u need help lmk I offer my services in any way. I do live like 40 min from the park...... I'm wondering if I will need a canopy? Or will there still be big one there?