Thread: ult retro

ult retro

If i have a rt retro milled for ult, can i take out the ult and go straight Rt again?

I would think so. X-valve can take both so I can't see a reason why it wouldn't.

Yes. When you have the on-off area milled out, it becomes the same as all newer retro and X-valves.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

is the ULT a straight drop in replacement for on/off in the RT Pro valve?

I'm using an RT Pro in one of my Egomag's and want to reduce sear tripping force needed for MPA3

If it is an original RT pro, the it probably uses the single oring above the on-off top and is not ULT compatible. Take the on-off out and check to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    If it is an original RT pro, the it probably uses the single oring above the on-off top and is not ULT compatible. Take the on-off out and check to make sure.

well can the ult work on a retro? has this been done? y couldnt it work on a pro? i want to be sure b 4 we try

The retro. And first gen pro only have one o ring on top of the on off. You would need to have someone like Luke mill out the on off hole to use 2 o rings. When that is done then a ULT will work. And to go back to a standard rt on off you would have to use a dual o ring setup.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    well can the ult work on a retro? has this been done? y couldnt it work on a pro? i want to be sure b 4 we try
    The ULT can work on a retro if it uses the two orings above the on-off top but not if it uses one oring above the on-off top. The original first generation RT pros only had one oring so they won't use the ULT. The RT Pro labeled X-valves will use the ULT.

The guaranteed way to find out if it will accept the ULT is to check the on-off area. If it has an indentation that requires a single oring, then it won't accept a ULT unless it is milled out. If the area is flat and uses two orings, then it will accept the ULT without any modification.

so bottom line if i have it milled im good? the master surgeon has it now lol.... bought it and had it shipped straight to Luke lol

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    so bottom line if i have it milled im good? the master surgeon has it now lol.... bought it and had it shipped straight to Luke lol
    Post up on how it goes. I'm torn on having this done to my trusty old faithful RT.