Thread: best asa or tank on off

best asa or tank on off

screw the screw style whats a good lever or slider on off?

Depends on your budget.

I favor the CP mini Asa's, or the POPS from Planet Eclipse.

Lots of people that I come across tend to like the Bob Long ASA, due to its slim profile and ease of use.

All comes down to personal preference.

Cp hands down is the best. People like other on/offs because they have front air lines or look slimmer. I have nearly 20 cp on/offs and have owned a lot more. I think I have only had a single issue and it was an oring.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    anything is better than nothing, but some are better than others. look for one that captures the knob (so you don't lose it) and that purges the system. custom product's asa's are nice. for lever, maybe dangerous power raps 2 (haven't tried it myself) or for slider the planet eclipse pops.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 07-16-2014 at 08:42 PM.

I'm one of those that favors the Bob Long Gear Drives. I'm partial to center outlet on/offs for most builds. Hard to beat CP quality and they are usually considerably cheaper. Don't really have a lot of experience with any others.

I like the CP direct mounts. The knob turns easy and they vent when you shut them off. Personally I don't like the Bob along Gear Drives, they don't allow the use of steel braid hose.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I like the CP direct mounts. The knob turns easy and they vent when you shut them off. Personally I don't like the Bob along Gear Drives, they don't allow the use of steel braid hose.
    I don't use braided lines so I guess it doesn't bother me. If that's the case, Trinity makes a decent center outlet on/off that is rail mount. I have a couple of those. Only downfall is they only come in dust black. Still a twist on/off though.

cp asa's seem to be the go-to for mags have seen a lot of them on mags and i have one on my own. works great

i really want to avoid the screw type unless they make them better these days

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    not all "screw type" asas are created equal, my friend. cp's asas work great, very easy to turn on and off, the newer ones purge the air in the system, and the cap is retained so it can't fly off. everything you want in an on/off asa, and you can find then in good used condition for $30 shipped or less.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    Some of the older ones were horrible. Ones nowadays are much better. Pretty much you get what you pay for....

If are using Macro look into the Bob Long Cam Drive as well. Its rail mount and has a twist lever on the bottom.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Some of the older ones were horrible. Ones nowadays are much better. Pretty much you get what you pay for....

If are using Macro look into the Bob Long Cam Drive as well. Its rail mount and has a twist lever on the bottom.
    for the price of one of those, you could get two cp asas...is a bob long gear drive twice as good as a cp asa?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    for the price of one of those, you could get two cp asas...is a bob long gear drive twice as good as a cp asa?
    I am a big fan of center outlet on/offs, so for me, yes they are. I do have side outlets, but I prefer center if the set up allows for it.

How easy are the BL cam drive ASAs to turn on and turn off? I think they are some of the nicest looking ASAs on the market now.

For the record I have CP ASAs on the vast majority of my guns and have never had a complaint or a failure. I also have a shocktech ASA on an orracle that I have no complaints about, although the CPs 'feel' nicer if that makes any sense.

I like the gear drive ASA from Bob Long. They are still pretty expensive, but they are comparable with any of the other direct mount asa's on the market. I'd suggest the slim CP direct mount if you can find one used or my current favorite, the Eclipse Pops.