Thread: Cold weather issue

Cold weather issue

Was out this past weekend and every first shot of a string would be very slow. Maybe go 15-20 ft would be fine after till I didn't shoot for about a minute then the same thing. X valve with lvl 10 red spring. Temp was high 40s low 50s. Anyone else ever had this problem
    Last edited by Syko89; 10-28-2013 at 01:44 PM.

That's usually a combination of the reg sticking at the piston and the level 10 leaking down very slowly. Normally, the reg would re-pressurize the dump chamber, but it can stick more easily when let down very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    That's usually a combination of the reg sticking at the piston and the level 10 leaking down very slowly. Normally, the reg would re-pressurize the dump chamber, but it can stick more easily when let down very slowly.
    Would a good cleaning fix it or is it something that is worn and needs replacing

That was happening to me over the summer. I was having a very slow leak due to the wrong level 10 sizer. Switched sizers, and did a good clean and lube and all is well now.

A slightly tight level 10 setup can cause this. The colder temperatures can cause the carriers to tighten the oring just a tiny bit causing a slower push when first firing the bolt. Using a lighter bolt spring will reduce this effect. That way you don't have to worry about changing carriers for different temperatures. Its easier to change bolt springs for cold temperatures than carriers. You might be able to use the next larger carrier size (check for leaking), but remember to put the original one back in for regular temperature play.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.