Thread: PneuMag Build advice wanted.

Question PneuMag Build advice wanted.

A little background:
    I'm turning my classic RT into a PneuMag. I have the kit and Lukes Mini Vert frame. I just ordered a Micro Rock. I have one on my other PneuMag and it seems to be the consensus best LPR for the job. I'm planning on using one of the RT's rail air ports for the LPR.

I have Phish's guide and my Pneumagger built frame to use as reference. So my questions...
    To QEV or not to QEV?: My current pneumag does not have a QEV. Is there a performance difference? How noticable is it?
    To Magnet or not to Magnet?: My current pneumag does not have a Magnet. Is there a performance difference? How noticable is it?
    Is the Sear backstop required?: If I don't install this will it mash up my on/off?
    Any other suggestions/advice/pitfalls?

Thanks. This is my first time doing it myself and I just want to have all of the information and opinions I can.

~Zach

how does your current pneumag shoot? do you like the the way the trigger feels without the mag mod? do you have a sear back stop on your current set up?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    how does your current pneumag shoot? do you like the the way the trigger feels without the mag mod? do you have a sear back stop on your current set up?
    I love it. I don't have a point of comparison for the magnet mod or the sear stop because I've only ever shot this configuration (with sear stop, without magnet). The trigger rod is about 1/2 way up the switch arm which seems to be the compromise point between pull and weight. I'm thinking of going with the shortest possible pull for this setup because that favors my preferred firing method ("Super Street Fighter II Championship Edition Button Mashing" - I pull a fairly consistent 10-14 bps [per .wav files using the two peaks per shot read method]). This setup is also a single trigger so walking is out anyhow.