Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wheres the bright colors?

wheres the bright colors?

so anyone else like bright colors for their mags, like pinks, purples, slime greens, yellows? colors that are out of the ordinary(black, blue, red)...currently getting some parts together for a new build, thinking about 3 colors(solid, no splash or other custom ano)...what do you guys like, dislike? i know its up to me what colors im going to eventually pick but just thought i would see what some of you guys were into...thanks

I personally was going to do a purple/blk mag and like the slime green color

Personally. Since I only have one gun I use. I want it all flat black. That way its good for use in woods or speedball. If I could have a hand full of purpose built guns I would probably have one with a pink and purple or pink and green combo. I love the looks I get with my pink and purple skates. And there would be the same looks with a grown man using a pink and purple gun.....

they are over there man...underneath tha dark colors...haha

a couple of sleeper pneu-pump mags...yep thats rite!!!
    Last edited by need4reebs; 03-04-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grelvire View Post
    I personally was going to do a purple/blk mag and like the slime green color
    those were the 3 colors i was thinking of going with!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Personally. Since I only have one gun I use. I want it all flat black. That way its good for use in woods or speedball. If I could have a hand full of purpose built guns I would probably have one with a pink and purple or pink and green combo. I love the looks I get with my pink and purple skates. And there would be the same looks with a grown man using a pink and purple gun.....
    yea, its great playing with 'girly' colored guns

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    they are over there man...underneath tha dark colors...haha

a couple of sleeper pneu-pump mags...yep thats rite!!!
    cool looking, but i was thinking of some more vibrant colors

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    those were the 3 colors i was thinking of going with!

yea, its great playing with 'girly' colored guns

cool looking, but i was thinking of some more vibrant colors
    wait you were thinking...
    nothing is ever good enough...you wanted colors theres some color? i still miss my joker Mag...but oh well
    where is your vibrant colored mag?

joker mag

Sweet gun. Why the heck did you sell it.

Sweet gun. Why the heck did you sell it.

i traded it for tha Blood Splatter Z-Pneumag
    Last edited by need4reebs; 03-04-2013 at 12:36 AM.

where is your vibrant colored mag?
    still collecting the parts i want for it...not all of us have endless supply of mag parts laying around...haha

My dream mag would mimic the cotton candy fade from an sto cocker...mmmmmmm..... with just enough polished accents, like the barrel back, trigger and valve

I like the neon yellow with polished cleat accents. There was a MOTM done like that a few years ago. I personally love bright colored markers. Unfortunately I usually opt for black because I know everything gets sold at some point.

I would love to replicate the Gulf Racing color scheme, the colors are not overly bright, but to me, the baby blue and orange combination is awesome. I have searched around a bit but have not been able to find an anodizer that offers those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29 View Post
    I would love to replicate the Gulf Racing color scheme, the colors are not overly bright, but to me, the baby blue and orange combination is awesome. I have searched around a bit but have not been able to find an anodizer that offers those colors.

Colors inc in Indy does well with color matching. They don't have a huge variety of anno style options. But they have done me well on color for the last 10 years.

Colors inc in Indy does well with color matching. They don't have a huge variety of anno style options. But they have done me well on color for the last 10 years.
    how bout some pics to show off some of their work???

The purple plates and pink/green are from 07. The green/org are from this past December.Name:  IMG_20130303_193356_437.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  31.2 KBName:  IMG_20130303_193306_254.jpg
Size:  24.7 KBName:  IMG_0303.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  40.5 KBName:  IMG_0301.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  35.3 KB

The purple plates and pink/green are from 07. The green/org are from this past December.Name:  IMG_20130303_193356_437.jpg
Size:  31.2 KBName:  IMG_20130303_193306_254.jpg
Size:  24.7 KBName:  IMG_0303.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  40.5 KBName:  IMG_0301.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  35.3 KB

any pics of paintball gear that they ano'd?

any pics of paintball gear that they ano'd?
    Nope. Never had any done. My gun is all black. Everything was bought black. Skate plates and motorcycle parts is it. Nimet industries has done all of my stage 3 hard coat. And colors inc has done all the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    My dream mag would mimic the cotton candy fade from an sto cocker...mmmmmmm..... with just enough polished accents, like the barrel back, trigger and valve
    are you talking about the one that is blue to purple fade, that thing pops!(although blue isnt my favorite color)

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I like the neon yellow with polished cleat accents. There was a MOTM done like that a few years ago. I personally love bright colored markers. Unfortunately I usually opt for black because I know everything gets sold at some point.
    didnt even look at the motm thread til you posted this, there are tons of sexy pieces in there

are you talking about the one that is blue to purple fade, that thing pops!(although blue isnt my favorite color)
    Yes, that's my second favorite cocker ever made... behind the black/red fade black magic

Fruity colored guns/parts generally have the worst resale value.

Black moves the fastest and appears to fetch the best price generally.

My recommendation is to distinguish yourself via gameplay, not equipment...
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

yeah you always have to have a back up plan when you run outa money.
    seems like a common thing, people missmanaging money.

yea i know that resale is harder for custom colors, thats why i was going to go with solid colors on parts, no custom acid, splash, fade, ect. ano jobs for me anytime in the near future, ive seen way to many great ano jobs that sit in forums for sale just because everyone has a different taste... but i doubt i would have a problem parting it out, if i ever wanted to

I had an RT pro with a really nice orange body and the rest was black. Was poor and didn't have the $$ for a complete anno nor the parts I really wanted. Have thought about having my Karta done like that, either solid with a splash or a tri-fade with a reverse splash. Resale doesn't matter because the Karta is going no where! lol

i tend to try and keep my bodies a solid color, we all know how many times we have switched out a part for something else, shoot, i just got some parts back from ano recently and somehow i had to take apart 3 different guns to finally make everything just how i wanted it(mind you the parts were supposed to only be for 1 gun, ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post

My recommendation is to distinguish yourself via gameplay, not equipment...
    Quote of the year!

I remember back when the paintball field a few buddy's and I used to frequent wouldn't let us play with walk ons unless we used their rental pumps, and one balled.

For some reason that line reminded me of that? Good times, hell, now I need all the fancy stuff I can get my hands on just to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    yeah you always have to have a back up plan when you run outa money.
    seems like a common thing, people missmanaging money.

i thought you were the man with money to spend? what happened? does running out of money mean the triple mag wont get finished or wat???

wheres all the pics???

yea i know that resale is harder for custom colors, thats why i was going to go with solid colors on parts, no custom acid, splash, fade, ect. ano jobs for me anytime in the near future, ive seen way to many great ano jobs that sit in forums for sale just because everyone has a different taste... but i doubt i would have a problem parting it out, if i ever wanted to
    Colors other than black are harder to sell, but solid colors are the next best thing IMO. Partially because its also easier to move parts many times than it is to sell complete markers. You hit the nail on the head with people having different tastes, and with the customizing possibilities with Mags it probably makes it worse. I've seen some Mags that had awesome anodizing jobs for sale, but one or more of the parts were not to my liking so I would shy away from the marker because I knew it be a pain to try and match the ano if I replaced the parts.

I know we all have markers that we plan on keeping forever, but life doesn't always work out that way.

Mines gonna be black and slime green.

Bright colors area always good for me.

My first automag was and still is purple. Some of my other guns are various colors. I dont worry one bit about being able to hide in the woods.