Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas to improve AO

Wow, thanks for the header link guys!

I was thinking - for a cleaner look, we can take all of the AGD links and the dealer links and instead of having them listed, have them in menus such as AGD and Dealer. The links would still be there, but in a menu format instead of all across the top.

Plus, it gives us some scalability in what we add, because at some point, we'd run out of room.

Thoughts?

3. Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You played a big part in the fund raise.

-The AO Moderation Team
    "Everything in Moderation"

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    I was thinking - for a cleaner look...........

....................because at some point, we'd run out of room.

Thoughts?

Thoughts.................

Ya it can be cleaner. Look at the links across from Welcome. All of them plus the drop down.

Then look at all the links under the tabs plus the drop downs. Why do we need a notifications link when there is a PM link. Right below it. See what I mean? Redundent Links........

Move the search box down. More room. Loose the redundent links. More room.

Whats up with blogs, groups and calenders? The calender is broke and do we use the other stuff?

Obviously we need the FAQs link and others. Lots of grey space between the forums and the header that could be used for header space. (pic)

Thanks for all your hard work Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by AO Moderation Team View Post
    You played a big part in the fund raise.
    and you're awesome

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Haha, funny thing is, it isn't for you. It's to make it easier on all of us who constantly direct people to go to you to get work done. Now we can just say "click Luke's link at the top". True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Thoughts.................

Ya it can be cleaner. Look at the links across from Welcome. All of them plus the drop down.

Then look at all the links under the tabs plus the drop downs. Why do we need a notifications link when there is a PM link. Right below it. See what I mean? Redundent Links........

Move the search box down. More room. Loose the redundent links. More room.

Whats up with blogs, groups and calenders? The calender is broke and do we use the other stuff?

Obviously we need the FAQs link and others. Lots of grey space between the forums and the header that could be used for header space. (pic)

Thanks for all your hard work Bunny.
    Anything that is kinda design oriented is Bunny. (CSS, graphics, layout - that kind of stuff.)

Anything that's functional/modifications is me.

Keep in mind - alot of that stuff you mentioned is built into VBulletin and really can't get changed, or not changed without significant effort. As for the calendar, I can look into it. Blogs are up and running far as I know. What group things are wrong?

Calendar fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    There is only one sig per page now so see my post 114 above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    ????
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulCoffin View Post
    i wasn't expecting anything less than the other msg boards when it came to sigs... im fine with size restrictions within reason, but limiting how many times it shows? i wasn't expecting that
    Quote Originally Posted by AO Moderation Team View Post
    fixed
    Did this get broken again? I've been finding that sigs are only showing up once per page again, and not on each post like was fixed before.

Why do I have to put a link to the thread that we did business in in order to leave someone feedback? Typically, I delete my FS threads when I have sold what I need to out of it or feel like taking it down for a bit which makes it so that I can't link it. Other times I may do a transaction with someone that wasnt necessarily conducted publicly, but still want to leave feedback. Can this be disabled? Or do people really feel its necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Why do I have to put a link to the thread that we did business in in order to leave someone feedback? Typically, I delete my FS threads when I have sold what I need to out of it or feel like taking it down for a bit which makes it so that I can't link it. Other times I may do a transaction with someone that wasnt necessarily conducted publicly, but still want to leave feedback. Can this be disabled? Or do people really feel its necessary?
    People need to start leaving feedback first, OPBN. 2 transactions with you and not a single piece of feedback on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    People need to start leaving feedback first, OPBN. 2 transactions with you and not a single piece of feedback on my end.
    Not sure exactly what you are getting at? Sorry if I didn't leave feedback. I rarely do for buyers unless they ask me to specifically or if there is a problem. Either way, this doesnt address the question I am asking or does it?

Nothing negative meant by it. It was just a joke.

That feature CAN be disabled. It's there, however, to make sure that somebody can't artificially jack up somebody's reputation.

Consider it a safety feature. Secondly, we have no shortage of database space so don't worry about deleting threads.

Is it possible to change the bottom of the page (when reading a thread)
    Quick Navigation - Forum ID drop down box - Top
    To:
    Quick Navigation - Forum ID drop down box - Go

Or is that a user setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    That feature CAN be disabled. It's there, however, to make sure that somebody can't artificially jack up somebody's reputation.

Consider it a safety feature. Secondly, we have no shortage of database space so don't worry about deleting threads.
    OK. Wasnt really worried about storage space. I delete old threads to eliminate pricing confusion or someone PMing me on a year old thread. I'll work around it if it's felt to be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Did this get broken again? I've been finding that sigs are only showing up once per page again, and not on each post like was fixed before.
    Anyone have any idea?

just a side note. the link on the top of the page to luke's customs doesnt lead to his homepage... leads to the automag specific page.

Make a game room! We spend so much time here anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Is it possible to change the bottom of the page (when reading a thread)
    Quick Navigation - Forum ID drop down box - Top
    To:
    Quick Navigation - Forum ID drop down box - Go

Or is that a user setting?
    Looks like we would need to perform a few modifications to make it work correctly. Looks like they changed it from VB3 to VB4. If you guys really want it modded let me know.

By the way, I also changed the "folder controls" to show up on the top of the screen when reading PMs.

I vote "yes".
    Please and thank you!
    (Sorry I'm being a tad presumptuous)
    Last edited by luke; 05-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Thought on the iTrader system: Since we are required to submit a link to a sale thread anyway, is there a way to make it work like on PbN (hate to say that) where there's a link for leaving feedback in each sale thread, that auto-fills-in the "link to sale thread" box for you?

The way it is now, it seems that in order to leave feedback for someone with iTrader you have to click their name, view their profile, click the "view feedback" tab and then click the "submit feedback for..." link. THEN you have to go back and find the sale thread to copy/paste the link into the feedback form. It's just kind of cumbersome.

Thought on the iTrader system: Since we are required to submit a link to a sale thread anyway, is there a way to make it work like on PbN (hate to say that) where there's a link for leaving feedback in each sale thread, that auto-fills-in the "link to sale thread" box for you?

The way it is now, it seems that in order to leave feedback for someone with iTrader you have to click their name, view their profile, click the "view feedback" tab and then click the "submit feedback for..." link. THEN you have to go back and find the sale thread to copy/paste the link into the feedback form. It's just kind of cumbersome.

I'll take a look at the PBN implementation and see if I can replicate what they're doing.

Very True, very good idea. Then LOCK the old feedback thread.

Nvm, fixed what I was asking about. Don't mind this post. sorry.

We should revamp security for "retired" moderators

we should be allowed to change the title of our post like on MCB. Lets say i sale an item I can just take it out the title and continue to use the same thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    we should be allowed to change the title of our post like on MCB. Lets say i sale an item I can just take it out the title and continue to use the same thread.
    Pretty sure you've been able to do that even before the forum update.

I havnt been able to

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Pretty sure you've been able to do that even before the forum update.

I haven't. I'm talking about the thread title that displays forum. IE if I changed this thread title from "Ideas to improve AO" to "AO Improvement Box" that would be the phrase I click to see the thread.