Thread: Armageddon or raptor reg worth keeping??

Armageddon or raptor reg worth keeping??

I just got a armageddon and raptor requlator with a package deal and was wondering if either one of these is worth keeping to use with my mags? all of my mags are RT, and I know both of these are adjustable output which I like so I can adjust the RT effect. But are parts for these impossible to find? Are they consistent? are they good regs? I only have experience with SHP regs from Ninja and the crossfire regs. Are they worth anything to sell? the armageddon is a 4500psi and the raptor is a 3000 psi. LMK what you guys think. thanks

I have two Armageddon regs. They were the best regs to use on an rt back in the day. The only problem I have with mine is that they are so large. I wish they were smaller so h they wound not make the guns seem so large. They also have no on/off which kind of sucks. I think Luke makes an on/off for them though.
    Jmo,
    Kory
    Micromag rt, 68 ci flatline,12"ss total freak ,warpdrive, 12volt revi.homemade intelliframe.

They work well and are very robust, but are bigger and heavier than most new regulators available today. You can get the orings to repair them.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Raptor Regs are identical to the A.I.R. on a classic 'Mag.
    Any AutoMag rebuild kit has all the O-rings & seals needed.
    So parts for that one are easy to get.

You can swap out the back of an AutoMag with the top half of a Raptor. Everything lines up, fits right on there.

I like the adjustable regs, I have several markers that have no "on-gun" velocity adjustment and I can bring them to field speed by adjusting input up or down.
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

Worth keeping? Yeah probably. I'm sure someone would buy them if you put them up for sale. Or you could use them for other, non-paintball compressed air applications

Worth using? I'd say almost definitely not if you run RT mags and you already have a Ninja/Crossfire SHP. The consistency will be very close but the weight won't be, plus I think it's nice to be able to disconnect your tank easily from the gun using an ASA, especially if you use an on/off. You really can't go wrong with the new compressed air setups.

Just my thoughts.

I used to have a Tsunami reg, very similar to the Raptor. Interesting piece, but I really couldn't see a use for it with the new tech available like Scotty talks about. Newer Ninja/Crossfire regs are every bit as good, and with more convenience.

Well it sounds more like I am better off selling these and continuing to use my Ninja SHP regulated tanks on my RT mags. I think I am going to go ahead and sell them. Thanks for all the input. That really helps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yamess191 View Post
    Well it sounds more like I am better off selling these and continuing to use my Ninja SHP regulated tanks on my RT mags. I think I am going to go ahead and sell them. Thanks for all the input. That really helps!!!
    Logically yes. To a guy like me that likes to keep the look of what they grew up with. Only thing keeping me from snagging that rapter is the lack of an ON/OFF