Thread: CPX Sports in Jolliet IL Closing

CPX Sports in Jolliet IL Closing

From their Facebook page:

The end of an era…

It is with mixed emotion that we announce CPX Sports has entered into a contract to sell it’s property located in Joliet, IL, and will not reopen in 2018. We are proud to have served the paintball community over the past 18 years, showing hundreds of thousands of players the warm hospitality that we have become globally known for. The land will be used to build a bridge that will ensure the continued economic growth of Joliet and Will County that provides so many families and individuals with the jobs and stability that they deserve.

The spirit of CPX will live on through our traveling CPX Events series as it makes it’s way around the country. We would like to thank our employees for their hard work and dedication to excellence. Without them, we could never have reached the level of prestige that we have become synonymous with. They can look back on their time at CPX and count it as a job well done. We would also like to thank our friends, peers, and partners in the paintball industry for their support through thick and thin. Without it, we wouldn’t have made it to the finish line. And finally, to the players, whom we always looked at more as family than as customers - thank you for being a part of the legend of CPX Sports.

While the iconic park located at 2903 Schweitzer Rd will rest easy in it’s place in paintball history, as this chapter closes, a new chapter begins that we are excited to see unfold. We look forward to a bright future in paintball and hope to see you on the field….

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Dang, I'm on the other side if the country but even I know the name cpx. That's rough.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    From their Facebook page:
    Yup, BASICALLY when a check of a certain size is slid across a table, you don't say no.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ouch, this hurts....thats the place the players in my area (northern Indiana) dreamed about when we were growing up...like the Disney World for paintballers. A sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Yup, BASICALLY when a check of a certain size is slid across a table, you don't say no.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    or face going to court and loosing settling for less money, if the state wants your property your screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    or face going to court and loosing settling for less money, if the state wants your property your screwed.
    Ya it's not about wanting to close for the money. The state would basically close them either way for the land, it's weather or not you take the money for it, or, stay open for maybe another year then close anyway and take less money

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There's conflicting chatter about if they sold to the state or a trucking company.

It was a disaster of a field at times (LOL 2700 psi fills @ Shatnerball 1) but was always fun.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

MOTY3
    They said the state would be building a bridge on said property.

shame I never made it out there
    "You dont need to be so shallow, turn your head prepare to follow"-CKY