Thread: Retro Valve Leak

Retro Valve Leak

Picked up a PTP micromag with a retro valve. Went through the valve and changed out orings and what not. Valve is leaking from the blow off / vent hole in the side of the valve. No matter how low I set the reg pressure (velocity) the leak is unchanged. The regulator valve pin assembly looks a little beat, is this the source of my problem?

Thanks.

it is highly likely that the orings on the reg pin are the culprit.

A leak out the side is always caused by one of the two orings on the regulator pin assembly. If there is a piece of dirt on one of them or if there is a nick on one of them, then the air will leak past and out the relief hole in the side of the valve.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

In looking at the AGD site, the assembly is just that, one piece. Can the individual rings/pieces be replaced, or do I need to get a new complete assembly? These are a bit pricey it seems.

if the on/off pin is bent, you need a replacement.

also, are you using proper spec'ed AGD orings or any buna oring? you need the proper teflon and urethane orings. a Mag will spit out buna orings like sour milk.

Quote Originally Posted by stukam17 View Post
    In looking at the AGD site, the assembly is just that, one piece. Can the individual rings/pieces be replaced, or do I need to get a new complete assembly? These are a bit pricey it seems.
    The individual orings can be replaced.

Sweet on the being able to replace the parts individually. I have AGD orings, familiar with the fact that buna doesn't last long at all. Needs tougher orings like teflon and urethane, so good to go there. One of the teflon rings is cracked through.

The two urethane orings on the end are separated by a plastic split washer