Thread: Warp'd Box Mag

Warp'd Box Mag

Little project i have been tinkering with... i kinda mangled the box its in... tried a few configurations before landing on this one. I will probably get a new box and re-work it a bit cleaner.

Here is how the box goes together:

Extended screws for the warp:

Warp attached:

Halo Guts!

I bought this Halo new, so one of the things i wanted to do was not cut the guts at all... to achieve this i had to raise the tray a bit... a little less capacity but im not here to shoot ropes with this thing.

Acrylic Tray:

For anyone who hasnt worked with acrylic... if you think it would help your mod i HIGHLY encourage you do dive into trying it... i bent this with just a little heat from a torch... set it in place and then let it cool. Later i just used a dremel by hand to cut the hole and notch for the box grip.

Rail:

[img]http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b461/sQuid-Vision/c7b4a9f4.jpg
    This is a weak point right now... that little screw holds the whole box mag on... i will probably drill another hole in the rail and mount a second screw just to be safe.

Cover:

Little PVC finger grip for my left hand... works awesome!

The Feed:

Coming off the Halo guts... the copper and the blue will both be painted black... once i either build a new box or figure out how to close the giant holes i cut in this one it should look a lot better. For those keen on the warp drive you may notice i have it running backwards... i just swapped the wires to the drive motor to make it run in reverse.

Go figure i am out of air... i will get a shooting video put up once i get a fill. overall its a nice compact marker... its not the lightest... well not compared to my other mags, but its not outrageously heavy either.

Hope you like it!

Cool

Could use alittle work looks very rushed.

but if you are not going for "pretty" & "athstetically pleasing" look.
    has good potential though

very cool but looks like it would be a little tuff to handle during play

Quote Originally Posted by ochsy
    very cool but looks like it would be a little tuff to handle during play
    This is definitely a right-hand-only mod. I'm stumped by the CF barrel... This thing needs a bull barrel with a foregrip of some kind to balance it out. With the right bits (barrel, foregrip) I'd play with it for sure. Probably ditch the medusa though.

Cool

Maybe i just dont undrstand this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    Maybe i just dont undrstand this mod?
    Low profile, no big hopper "target", fires at any angle. Easier to reload than a Q-loader plus uses standard pods, less in the way than a standard warpfeed setup and a bit more protected/neat - only drawback is getting it perfect requires more work and the permanent modification of both a halo and warpfeed.

I love the concept, it just rarely looks show-room good. Then again, it's not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    Could use a little work looks very rushed.
    Agreed... this is definitely Ver.1 i was mostly using it as a proof of concept and to check if i would actually like it or not. I had originally started using this box with just a halo inside but had all kinda of feed issues... who knew halo's weren't designed to push a ball stack up 6 inches? So thats what the extra random hole is about.

Once i play a game or two with it i will get another box and build it cleanly if i decide i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    Low profile, no big hopper "target", fires at any angle. Easier to reload than a Q-loader plus uses standard pods, less in the way than a standard warpfeed setup and a bit more protected/neat - only drawback is getting it perfect requires more work and the permanent modification of both a halo and warpfeed.

I love the concept, it just rarely looks show-room good. Then again, it's not supposed to.
    QFT - However one of my design requirements was to NOT (destructively) modify the warp or Halo... both can be returned to stock without too much hassle... the halo just gets dropped in its shell and the warp needs a 3 minute soldier job

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    This is definitely a right-hand-only mod. I'm stumped by the CF barrel... This thing needs a bull barrel with a foregrip of some kind to balance it out. With the right bits (barrel, foregrip) I'd play with it for sure. Probably ditch the medusa though.
    I love that sly barrel... just shoots great! I am trying to decide if i can drop the cash on a UMF frame... ive always wanted one. How much do these medusa frames sell for?
    Last edited by sQuidvision; 03-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    I love that sly barrel... just shoots great! I am trying to decide if i can drop the cash on a UMF frame... ive always wanted one. How much do these medusa frames sell for?
    I was only thinking about the balance of the marker when I commented on the barrel; it's light and it'd be hard to throw a foregrip on there.

I think a UMF would look and feel great in that setup. The balance is great for a heavier marker.

As for the medusa, they are unfortunately the least expensive kinda-rare automag thing out there. They perform pretty well but look like inbred sin. Very low production numbers, very low demand - it's not like that expensive thing from way back when that nobody could afford so not many were made; it's the one that was kind of cool and affordable but it was made for dated markers and it made your eyes bleed so nobody bought it. 'Cockers already look like sputnik humping a mack truck so people were less afraid to stick one on there, and since it actually offered a performance upgrade to the autococker platform the "real" medusas sold a little better on the dark side. Still, too little too late for the Automag and the Autococker... bad timing.

I've seen people sit on the really good ones for at $100obo, while others unload them for $20-50 depending on the condition and if it's a real frame or a "lite" mag model.

Very nice bro. I'm working on a similar setup but using a Rap4 box mag.

Basicly going to look like this with the same box.

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/ima..._Magazine2.jpg

Only thing I have left to mod is my blank rail but still have some issues to work out before I do it.

boy this thread has my mind working ; i'm seing an extended warp center shaft ( center of driven gear ) going through the box , use a revy type impeller , impeller spins when warp turns , I get wierd looks with just a Warp set-up , they would really gauck at this

Edit ; i'm going to the garage

You need to paint a giant target on the front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    boy this thread has my mind working ; i'm seing an extended warp center shaft ( center of driven gear ) going through the box , use a revy type impeller , impeller spins when warp turns , I get wierd looks with just a Warp set-up , they would really gauck at this

Edit ; i'm going to the garage
    Unfortunately the warp spins over an axis, so there would be nothing to extend (at least nothing that moves...) but i WAS looking at the bolts that hold the discs in... you would have to cut a sizable hold through the warp shell though to make it work. Just typing this i am wondering if it would be possible to just bolt a plate to it with an axle poking up...

*Runs off to the garage as well*

Whats the specs for the copper elbow and has it messed with the feeding at all did ya have to modd it in any way to feed the paint freely.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRedneck86
    Whats the specs for the copper elbow and has it messed with the feeding at all did ya have to mod it in any way to feed the paint freely.
    Its a 3/4" 90* Street Elbow , no modification needed but it is also cooperating with gravity there... i specifically chose not to use the same elbow on the other side of the warp because i had concerns that it might add unneeded pressure/resistance to the ball stack.

dude. post a video of this monster..... i was thinking about something like this but a bigger box. NICE WORK!

How does one wire the HALO mechanism to the Warpfeed so they feed consistantly without issue? Is it possible to wire the two together? If so, how does one do so?
    Last edited by R.O.A.C.H.; 12-01-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.A.C.H. View Post
    How does one wire the HALO mechanism to the Warpfeed so they feed consistantly without issue? Is it possible to wire the two together? If so, how does one do so?
    Are you talking about running a halo feed off a warp feed board? I don't think that is a good idea because of how the warpless uses the friction plates it will cycle longer than needed and while the halo has a spring clutch it's not nearly as forgiving.