Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So are factory RTP and Emag rails obsolete?

So are factory RTP and Emag rails obsolete?

Looks like I'm stuck and going to have to do a run of Emag style rails, would anyone be interested in this style rail, no site mount holes or jewel recess.
    All my current style rails would be available. Plus I'm going to include a Shadow style design.

This would NOT be a preorder offer, but I could offer a discount if you were will to prepay. It just helps me figure out which style rail to machine.

LMK what you guys think, whatever the case I owe a customer a rail so I need to get them done asap.

PLEASE SEE POST #42
    Last edited by luke; 09-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.

I need a warp right pump milled ULE emag length rail (if possible) and could use a ULE emag length rail also. The short answer is yes x 2.

Depending on price I could be interested on a shadow style rail.

id be in for a shadow style rail esp if it can be pump milled. Im using a RM kit, would it be AM length

I can pre pay as well.
    Last edited by tbaggin; 09-04-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Pump milling takes quite a bit of room. It could be flat sided like the shadow but it wouldn't slim.

I'm not sure how deep I can go on discounts if it is over and above my current programs. Besides the manufacturing of the rails my current programs are ready to run. So, extra programming, design and machining set ups that are above a standard run would be subject to extra charges. I dont really know where that will end up, we'll just have to play it as it unfolds.

Looks like the Shadow style with pump slot is doable without blowing out the side. These would be with ULE milling, but probably only available on a prepay, not something I would stock.

Not to be too annoying, but would the shadow style rail have to sear axle hump?

Quote Originally Posted by tbaggin View Post
    id be in for a shadow style rail esp if it can be pump milled. Im using a RM kit, would it be AM length

I can pre pay as well.
    + 1 for this
    shadow style, pump milled, and am length...

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Not to be too annoying, but would the shadow style rail have to sear axle hump?
    Probably not.

I don't think former designers have really measured the rail and sear axle. The 'tip' of the sear actually bottoms out in the rail not the threaded end. What that means is the end can be ground off so the head sits further into the rail. Even with a fairly narrow rail I would rather see the head stick out a smigin rather than machine that funky tit on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    + 1 for this shadow style, pump milled, and am length...
    We can do that, it's even easier if more people want it.

My favorite RPG rail was the Mini Wave rail.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    My favorite RPG rail was the Mini Wave rail.
    I don't mind copying a rail with flat sides, but copying that design would be pushing it.

We gonna see any new luke original designs?

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    We gonna see any new luke original designs?
    x2 would only be interested if this happened

Well as I said, my plan was to run current designs but I'm already getting flooded with PM's on 'custom requests'. I'm not sure where I'm going to find time to sit down and come up with new rail designs (for everyone's approval ), so if someone wants to donate a concept I'll take a look. For now I'm just going to design and program a basic slug and go from there.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Well as I said, my plan was to run current designs but I'm already getting flooded with PM's on 'custom requests'. I'm not sure where I'm going to find time to sit down and come up with new rail designs (for everyone's approval ), so if someone wants to donate a concept I'll take a look. For now I'm just going to design and program a basic slug and go from there.
    No problems there. Quit sending Luke so many custom requests! BTW, just replied to your reply on my custom request.

if youre machining it from scratch the rail can extend past areas it minght not normally occupy,so you can take some past rail concepts and extend them halfway up the body, make a incorporated snatch grip or even make that legendary bolt on pump rail the doesnt need body milling

My idea was something akin to an asymmetrical ultralight rail with a bump out to accommodate the pump rod. My drawing kinda sucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    make a incorporated snatch grip
    Started doing those 10 years, discontinued the concept a few years ago.

I'm open to look at any drawings. If we can sell a dozen or so I will consider putting the time in.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    My idea was something akin to an asymmetrical ultralight rail with a bump out to accommodate the pump rod. My drawing kinda sucks though.
    I was expecting you to chime in.

Interested in a shadow type rail with clean sides. Out of curiosity I would love a rail design that would match the flow of your mini vert frame and concept lpr grip. With that said would the lpr grip be considered with the design for the hose channel to connect the lpr to the frame to transfer the airline? I might be jumping the gun, but thought I would ask since I would live to avoid the need for re-milling or designing.
    Last edited by barkingspider; 09-05-2013 at 12:13 AM.

I was expecting you to chime in.
    Yeah... I have lots if opinions. Lol.

Not to rain on the parade (as like a lot of folks there is a unicorn of a rail I've been wanting for a while now that no one yet makes), but Luke, what kind of bind are you in? If all you need is a stock emag rail to get out of a jam, I could probably dig one out of my parts box for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Yeah... I have lots if opinions. Lol.
    lol, I was talking about the rail we discussed awhile back.

lol, I was talking about the rail we discussed awhile back.
    I'm going to draw something up. I think with the upcoming RM kits coming out there could be a market if people like the design.

Which rail is the kit designed for?

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Interested in a shadow type rail with clean sides. Out of curiosity I would love a rail design that would match the flow of your mini very frame and concept lpr grip. With that said would the lpr grip be considered with the design for the hose channel to connect the lpr to the frame to transfer the airline? I might be jumping the gun, but thought I would ask since I would live to avoid the need for re-milling or designing.
    This would caught my interest as well.

Not saying that anything else wouldn't though.

A shadow style rail that took warp bodies would be an instant buy for me, does need to be long enough for an emag lower though. Been eyeballing your frames as well for a pneu build, something that matched those would be awesome too.