Thread: High pressure macroline

High pressure macroline

UPDATE: DON'T BUY THIS HOSE! Rather, only buy it if you're using it for low pressures. MSC used the burst pressure as the working pressure spec. Working pressure is actually 300psi, so fine for something like an LP cocker running off an adjustable HPA turned way down. Screw-in tanks and Automags stay away. Credit to athomas for pointing out the issue and finding Eaton's spec:

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    I just now found the Eaton pdf for their tubes and it lists the 4247 series max pressure at 300psi.

Eaton® Synflex® Thermoplastic Hose and Fittings

Look at page 6.
    //== Original post follows

Searched and didn't find and specific mentions of rated macroline, so here y'go AO. Eaton Synplex Solstice air brake tubing has a working pressure rating of 1200psi, costs $1.05/ft from MSC, and works perfectly with regular and CCM fittings.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/66629684

Name:  aoMacroline.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  259.5 KB
    Last edited by UncleStasiu; 11-13-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: That's what I get for not asking for a manufacturer's spec sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleStasiu View Post
    Searched and didn't find and specific mentions of rated macroline, so here y'go AO. Eaton Synplex Solstice air brake tubing has a working pressure rating of 1200psi, costs $1.05/ft from MSC, and works perfectly with regular and CCM fittings.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/66629684

Name:  aoMacroline.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  259.5 KB
    This brake line is 1200psi burst pressure, not 1200psi working pressure. Its not somethng you want to use on a high pressure marker.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    This brake line is 1200psi burst pressure, not 1200psi working pressure. Its not somethng you want to use on a high pressure marker.
    Working =/= burst. MSC claims that's working pressure, and I haven't found any spec saying otherwise. Source?

Catalogue page lists both this product and many others including the Parker tubing. It lists the Eaton tubing at its burst rating and the Parker at its max rating which we know to have a burst rating 4x higher.

MSC Catalog Page

I just now found the Eaton pdf for their tubes and it lists the 4247 series max pressure at 300psi.

Eaton® Synflex® Thermoplastic Hose and Fittings

Look at page 6.