Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living Legends 6

Quote Originally Posted by Njt11 View Post
    If you guys want to post up your name as well I can put it next.to you ao user name in the first post.
    Ben Botts

Also, I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn (I-55). It's about 20 minutes from the park and there's a mall right by it. So, there's lots of crappy chain restaurants around there, too.

Some of my buddies will probably be camping near my canopy. Some friends and I are starting a team. So, we might have a banner to hang on the canopy by then. I'll keep you guys posted on that. Though, I think the Bezerkers had a pretty large camp setup right near ours last year.

I also have a couple friends that will be going from our team midwest elite. Ill be sure to try to find everyone from ao it would be nice to get to know some of you guys.

well unfortunately I will joining the The New Empire side under the Centaur Legion. One of my buddies is going to be one of the commanders. (D.J. "Honu" Fox)

so all the people local to me are going in a group together

but we totally need an AO barbecue Friday or Saturday night!

Anyone wanna organize it?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    well unfortunately I will joining the The New Empire side under the Centaur Legion. One of my buddies is going to be one of the commanders. (D.J. "Honu" Fox)

so all the people local to me are going in a group together

but we totally need an AO barbecue Friday or Saturday night!

Anyone wanna organize it?
    Understandle gotta stick with your locals I would offer but I dont have a vehicle to carry a bunch of extra stuff.

Registered for Barbarians today. The rest of the Psycho Cows will be registering Barbarians too.

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    Registered for Barbarians today. The rest of the Psycho Cows will be registering Barbarians too.
    Dude !!! It is gonna be a crazy good time !!
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    Dude !!! It is gonna be a crazy good time !!
    Just dont yell at us to get out on the field if we're taking a break Since your butt is on the line!

ill see what I can put together for a barbecue. I need a definite count thou and maybe some people willing to donate a couple bux

Just dont yell at us to get out on the field if we're taking a break Since your butt is on the line!
    yeah yeah. no rest for the wicked !!

ill see what I can put together for a barbecue. I need a definite count thou and maybe some people willing to donate a couple bux
    That's how it starts... First a gathering, then someone brings up barbecue. Can't have BBQ without beer and the next thing you know you're waking up in a bathtub full of ice wearing ladies lingerie and missing a kidney!

Talking

I would be willing to donate some money to have a barbecue. There is a rolling tally on the first page of how many people are attending and I will continue to update is more post that they are attending.

We can do it thins way:

People who are local (within a 4 hour drive "local") can supply food and beverage

People who are not local can bring some cash to help out the locals

Someone who is REALLY local can bring a grill

EDIT: the number that will be attending will probably triple once the meat starts cooking so we can bring extra food and charge people

EDIT EDIT: and we'll have a table-o-Mags at the BBQ

We can do it thins way:

People who are local (within a 4 hour drive "local") can supply food and beverage

People who are not local can bring some cash to help out the locals

Someone who is REALLY local can bring a grill

EDIT: the number that will be attending will probably triple once the meat starts cooking so we can bring extra food and charge people

EDIT EDIT: and we'll have a table-o-Mags at the BBQ

we bring a grill, beer, and brats, etc. for ourselves every year. Everyone is more than welcome to use our grill to cook, and people can just bring brats, whatever, etc for themselves if that works...

we bring a grill, beer, and brats, etc. for ourselves every year. Everyone is more than welcome to use our grill to cook, and people can just bring brats, whatever, etc for themselves if that works...
    I also bring a grill or two every year. They're both really small though. Saturday night, we usually go to White Fence Farm in Romeoville for fried chicken. That place is awesome.

Who brought the pig last year anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Who brought the pig last year anyway?
    Wait... What?!

Wait... What?!
    You didn't see they guys roasting a pig?

I wasnt there

If anyone who is posting is interested in possibly forming a team to participate in kinda local scenario event's I.E. Northwest Indiana Northern Illinois and possibly Wisconsin are more than welcome to join up with my friend's and I we are trying to form a team to play with at events. We currently don't really have a name set in stone but I have been working on some designs for a team logo.

Anybody have any advice on how much paint to preorder for this? Never been, so don't really know how the days are gonna go or at what pace.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Anybody have any advice on how much paint to preorder for this? Never been, so don't really know how the days are gonna go or at what pace.
    Totally depends on your preference and play style. Usually it's pretty hot, so I pace myself. That entails shooting and running around less, as well as not carrying as much paint on the field. Last year I probably shot less than a case and had plenty of eliminations. Also, the dinner battle and final battle are just paint wasters in my opinion. Two sides slugging it out over the middle hill, with the outcome determined by slapsticks...I've done it in years past, but opted not to last year and have no regrets. I was quite happy grabbing a shower and some food at my campsite instead. I can't see you needing more than 2 cases.

My brother and I typically just get a case each, but he is pretty conservative and I just play on Sunday until my paint runs out and then I pack it in. Im usually pretty sore by then as well. One thing to check on is if you plan on doing the pump and pistol game on Friday night, you may be able to use BYOB paint. At least last year you could.

As OPBN said, it really depends on how you play. Two years ago, I went through two cases. Last year, I went through one, even though I thought I was playing more aggressively.

If anyone who is posting is interested in possibly forming a team to participate in kinda local scenario event's I.E. Northwest Indiana Northern Illinois and possibly Wisconsin are more than welcome to join up with my friend's and I we are trying to form a team to play with at events. We currently don't really have a name set in stone but I have been working on some designs for a team logo.
    We travel all over the place and are already booked for events at PbExplosion and Blast Camp later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Ben Botts

Also, I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn (I-55). It's about 20 minutes from the park and there's a mall right by it. So, there's lots of crappy chain restaurants around there, too.

Some of my buddies will probably be camping near my canopy. Some friends and I are starting a team. So, we might have a banner to hang on the canopy by then. I'll keep you guys posted on that. Though, I think the Bezerkers had a pretty large camp setup right near ours last year.
    we will be going to Heroes Saturday evening if you care to walk over there with us. We are all at the same hotel

I will be going and staying at Motel 6 (about 15min away). Hopefully will be shooting the Ed Mag! I'll bring food or throw in some cash for a get together, whichever you all decide. Gonna be attending a get together of MCB'ers too. Can't wait to see you guys out there!

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post

we will be going to Heroes Saturday evening if you care to walk over there with us. We are all at the same hotel
    Saturday night, we always go toWhite Fence Farm in Romeoville for awesome fried chicken. It's about 10 or 15 minutes from the hotel. You guys are welcome to change your plans and join us there if you'd like to. Otherwise, we'll see you in the pool and on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by harleywrench001 View Post
    I will be going and staying at Motel 6 (about 15min away). Hopefully will be shooting the Ed Mag! I'll bring food or throw in some cash for a get together, whichever you all decide. Gonna be attending a get together of MCB'ers too. Can't wait to see you guys out there!
    There's a Motel 6 right next to the Hampon Inn we're staying at. If its on Mall Dr., you're just right next door to the Bezerkers and my guys.

That is awesome blast camp is my home field. What event will you guys be attending there? I would definitely like to be able to make it out there for that.

we already booked a hotel 6 miles away

That is awesome blast camp is my home field. What event will you guys be attending there? I would definitely like to be able to make it out there for that.
    We were there for the Viper Red Strike game last year. First time there. Really enjoyed it and pretty much planned to come back before we left that day. I am probably going to camp there for the event if it is not a thousand degrees like last year.

yeah i plan on staying close to the hotel Saturday night. Have some drinks and stagger back.