Thread: Are you a hoarder?

Are you a hoarder?

Browsing galleries here and on other PB forums I have come to the conclusion that 90% of the Mag stuff out there is in the possession of about 10% of the Mag wielding population. Some of you people (::cough cough:: knownothingmags ::cough cough: are hoarding Mags! My own Mag family consists of a Classic RT, Pnue-RT, Z-Grip/warp X-RT, and enough odds and ends to assemble a minimag/classic that I'm planning on turning into a pump. I've owned and parted with 5 others over the last 15 years.

So raise your hand if you're a hoarder. Maybe share some family pictures. Maybe put the stuff you're not using on BST so the rest of us can hoard.

I felt like I was holding on to a few gems that werent being used and could go to a better home. Ive recently sold a Karta Emag, Xmag, and a custom anno Dallara pnuemag. I also parted with my Chris Shanks Spine cocker, a G6r , an Alien, and a Luxe. Im trying my best to do my part to keep them coming in and going out at the same rate. Im down to just 11 guns now and its a happy spot for me.

I would rather be called a "collector" It is really funny, I have spend more time talking about paintball then actually playing it. For whatever reason I have a blast putting together automags and reselling them. Lately, it has changed to collecting the rare guns and trying to track down the original owners.

I bought and sold Dallaras, Kartas, Xmags (CnC and Euros), SFL Emags (plural), Emags, and Automags. It's just a vicious cycle.

Define "hoarder"

I am down to only 12 markers (assembled) with 2 ongoing projects in pieces and enough parts to build at least another mag and still gathering parts for another pumpmag. I had a LOT more stuff up until about 6 months ago when I started dumping some things, and I did just sell two complete markers last month that I had for nearly two years and never used.

Umm nope

Ive got 30+? guns. I know they arent all pictured. And enough parts to build probably another 3 mags. 2 cockers & who knows how many spyders
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Umm nope

Ive got 30+? guns. I know they arent all pictured. And enough parts to build probably another 3 mags. 2 cockers & who knows how many spyders
    30 + guns and apparently at least one cat

NOPE . . . . . .NOT ME EITHER!

. . . . . .and this isn't all of them!
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Umm nope

Oh man! The red autococker with the megareg

hoarding implies that they will never see the light of day again, locked up and never to be used. collecting means that you will air them up, you will shoot them(begrudgingly cause you don't want to scratch it), and you will open the vault to let in and let out a gun. whoring is of course, taking in every gun but then selling them as soon as possible(for a profit) or even before you get it in your hands, cause you are never happy or satiated with what you have.

i always find it funny that the most sought after parts are the ones that are rare because when they first came out, no one wanted them, then after they stopped, people found them.

Sometimes I am glad that a lot of old school players are older. So that way I know one day I will have the oppurtunity to hoard or "collect" all automags in sight. But for now I am stuck with 2 automags out of a total of 5 markers. But seriously, future hoarder here. Especially Loguz, if you ever start selling off all your stuff in the distant future you are bound to make a fortune off of me. Well that is if KNM doesn't get there first

I actually it will be very difficult finding automags in the future seeing that most of us will try and be buried with them

Used t have a bunch but cut back awhile ago. Over half of my paintball collection consists of Mags. For the past 2 years or so I've had 2 mags and 1 phantom and a box of parts I use for experimenting/tinkering. I was working on a complete electropneumatic valve for a mag (lvl 7 & lvl 10 compatible) for a mag platform before I came out here. I suppose when I finish that valve, I'll probably build a third mag (electro). I'm more of the philosphy that I want a top quality gun rather than several guns. So I have one pump, one semi, and one pneumag... and feel that each represents it's class with slick styling and quality. I'll have an electro when I get to finish my EPmag valve someday.

1) Sleeper Pneumag - Airwalk frame #1, Palmer Fatty for the LPR, WWA Justice Barrel, Pneumatics in grip

2) Old School Minimag - Basically stock with polished & cut feed body. ACI Exp Chamber & angled bottomline for CO2 - pure 90's, baby!!
    How many of you PBers remember when a setup like this ran $600 and dreamed of owning "A Mag". I remember seeing a mag for the first time and asking, "How do you cock it?" The response was, "You don't, it just works. It always works." I felt that short crisp trigger pull for the first time and just fell in love with the mechanical masterpiece.

3) Phantom - CCI Factory Anodized Duckslide & matching accessories (even have a small 13/3000 matching tank).
    Can run it VSC, Dropout, T-Stock, or bottomline tank. I think this is my favorite marker perhaps tied with the minimag.

4) EP Mag valve - all 7075 aluminum PCP design with L7 or LX bolt (incomplete)
    Last edited by Pneumagger; 03-13-2013 at 07:56 PM.

I have about the same number of "OMG, WTF" markers as Cougar20th, from AGD/PTP, AKALMP, WDP and BPS.

That plus at least 10 full markers worth of parts and bodies, about 5 "projects" that have been in the works for ages, and 20 or so "loaners & oddballs" from Tippmann 68 Specials & AM Sentinels, to Hammers & Tracers, to a Diablo Wrath and JT Excellerator that live in the closet under a thick coat of dust.

My space saving solution has been to display/use 4 Automags, 4 triple tubes, and 4 stacked tubes, a milsim pump, a milsim rifle, my girls marker and a .43 caliber magfed. Everything else lives in various boxes and cases and closets to the point that I sometimes find markers I forgot I owned or don't remember buying.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Oh man! The red autococker with the megareg
    That one is a Boston Paintball Supply Twister SP-Lite
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...erSP-Lite1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29 View Post
    30 + guns and apparently at least one cat
    Yup one cat as crazy as I am.