Thread: Alternatives to the RT Classic banjo?

Alternatives to the RT Classic banjo?

I just picked this beauty up and I wanted to put me M86 frame on it but I dont want to commit to drilling out the rear frame hole for the banjo and be stuck only being able to use the frame on the RT.
    Has anyone come up with an alternative to the dilemma?

I do have the matching RT frame, but I really like the M86 on it.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkApollo View Post
    I just picked this beauty up and I wanted to put me M86 frame on it but I dont want to commit to drilling out the rear frame hole for the banjo and be stuck only being able to use the frame on the RT.
    i think you can get a bushing so you can use an rt frame on a classic rail.

I've used bushings in the past in classic RT frames to use them on normal mags. BUT. To use it with a classic mag and not drill it out. Can't see that being done.

If you drill it out, all you need to do is use a Level 7 spacer to go back to use on an AM/MM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    If you drill it out, all you need to do is use a Level 7 spacer to go back to use on an AM/MM.
    Not sure I follow..
    The only frame bushing I have seen/used is the tiny one on my EMag rail.
    Can you show me?

You slide a Level 7 spacer into the large RT banjo bolt hole in the back of the frame.

The OD is such that it stays in by friction, and the ID is much closer to the size of the standard Automag fieldstrip pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    You slide a Level 7 spacer into the large RT banjo bolt hole in the back of the frame.

The OD is such that it stays in by friction, and the ID is much closer to the size of the standard Automag fieldstrip pin.
    Yep.

Drill out the 86 frame to fit the classic RT...

If you wish to use the 86 frame on a regular mag WITHOUT the banjo bolt, you put a level 7 brass spacer in the oversized hole in the frame.

That pulls the ID of the hole back down to the regular field strip bolt size.

DM

When you drill out the M86, chamfer/bevel both the top and bottom a bit to knock down the sharp edge to keep from shredding the O rings on the banjo bolt so easily.

You guys are talking a level7 power tube spacer aren't you? That would have been a lot easier than going to ace with an OD and an ID to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    You guys are talking a level7 power tube spacer aren't you? That would have been a lot easier than going to ace with an OD and an ID to work with.
    I THINK that is what they mean..
    How easy are the L7 spacers to get though...?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I THINK that is what they mean..
    How easy are the L7 spacers to get though...?
    very easy. you can get them directly from airgun designs, tunamart, ansgear, or bacci paintball.

additionally, i'm sure you can ask for some and people will help you out.

Oh, wow. Ok. Im use to only digging through the BST for parts, not thinking that they were sold as a separate item!
    Still getting use to these automags.
    Last edited by DarkApollo; 03-18-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Oh, wow. Ok. Im use to only trouping through the BST for parts, not thinking that they were sold as a separate item!
    Still getting use to these automags.
    They are sold a set of 5. I have a couple of kits sitting here if you need to buy one.

Yup. Spacers are cheap. I've got some old ANS (I think) brand ones laying around that are pre agd spacers. Bought them back in 95-96. If you just need one spacer shoot me a pm.

Alright, I guess Ill bite the bullet and as soon as I get my drill press back and set up Ill open the frame screw hole.