Thread: ULT Question

ULT Question

I was reading BlackVCG's thread on it, and was just unclear. It says RT Pro Stainless valves you cannot use unless modded. What does the stainless part mean? I thought all RTP valves were stainless as in the reg half is aluminum and the on-off/powertube half is stainless. I have a RTP valve that is half aluminum half stainless. Look at the pics and let me know if I can install ult or not. I am not going to do the mod if I can't use ult it is not that big of a deal. Thanks for your help!

E-Mag, RT Pro, Dye Reflex Autococker AO Feedback

Some of the early X valves were marked RT Pro as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Some of the early X valves were marked RT Pro as well.
    Ok, but that still doesn't answer my question of would this valve pictured need to be modded?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius V View Post
    Ok, but that still doesn't answer my question of would this valve pictured need to be modded?
    It does as yours is a stainless RT Pro valve, not an all aluminium one...

Ok, thanks.

luke does the mod im almost sure

If you look at your lower picture, you can see a recessed cavity at the bottom of the on-off assembly hole. A single oring sits in there. The bottom has to be milled out so that the bottom of the on-off assembly hole is flat and has no recessed cavity in order for the ULT to fit.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Thank you for the explanation.

I thought I read through a thread from a while back that Luke did offer this mod, but he does not guarantee it will work or assume liability... or something along those lines. It would be a do at your own risk type deal... maybe I misread it but I thought I saw something like that somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    I thought I read through a thread from a while back that Luke did offer this mod, but he does not guarantee it will work or assume liability... or something along those lines. It would be a do at your own risk type deal... maybe I misread it but I thought I saw something like that somewhere?
    guess u r right... but i dont c him tearing up the valve knowingly.... i guess i better have mine done b 4 xmt makes me a body!

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0004.htm

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    luke does the mod im almost sure
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    guess u r right... but i dont c him tearing up the valve knowingly.... i guess i better have mine done b 4 xmt makes me a body!

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0004.htm
    Like would never knowingly jack your valve up. He simply can't take liability for a $120 valve for a $20 mod. Crap happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Like would never knowingly jack your valve up. He simply can't take liability for a $120 valve for a $20 mod. Crap happens.
    yup i agree, i looked at agd site i didnt c the ult on there?

lol yea! i always thought the ult just lighten the trigger pull but lost the rt... i watched some videos and it looks like u can rip!!! if i had my milled( older rt) could i take it out and not use it?

sorry not trying to hi jack!!!
    Last edited by RT Lover; 03-07-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: more info

Im pretty sure if you milled it it would be for ult assembly only.... but, maybe you could get away with putting the stock assembly back in if you did a double o ring top like a classic assembly?

The milling makes the hole exactly the same as all new X-valves and original classic valves. These valves all accept the classic, ULT and retro on-off assemblies. The ULT just isn't designed to work in the classic valve. When using the on-off assemblies in these valves, you need two orings above the on-off top except for the ULT which has the outer oring in a groove around the top of the assembly.