Thread: Setting sear for RT?

Setting sear for RT?

I have an automag with standard valve body but has rt guts. The trigger will bounce a couple shots but won't do it consistently. Someone said adjusting the sear rod could fix this. Any truth or tips?

how much tank pressure are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_philter View Post
    I have an automag with standard valve body but has rt guts. The trigger will bounce a couple shots but won't do it consistently. Someone said adjusting the sear rod could fix this. Any truth or tips?
    What RT guts?

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    What RT guts?
    This. You can use an RT on/off in a Classic valve, but you will not get any bounce/RT effect. The Reg pin etc. are not interchangeable.

I'm running a pure energy hp tank that is around 650 and that must be what's in it the rt on off

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_philter View Post
    I'm running a pure energy hp tank that is around 650 and that must be what's in it the rt on off
    First off, you need 8-850+ to properly cycle a Mag consistently. Second, an RT on/off will not make the marker RT/bounce even with the RT on/off.

As for setting the sear rod, it should be sitting about a credit cards thickness from the back of the trigger when the marker is aired up. If its resting on the back of the trigger is may leak, not reset properly. Too far back and it may be tough to get it to properly activate the on/off pin.