Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jungle Sunset Micromag lost

Jungle Sunset Micromag lost

I am making this post for two reasons. First, maybe someday it will find its way home. Second, for the few owners of a Micromag in this pattern to know their value just went up
    This Jungle Sunset Micromag RT ( GFX10338 ) - and a '99 blue/black STO - was lost in the mail a little over a month ago. It was going to be the gem of my Micromag collection. USPS paid out the insurance, so it is certainly lost. Everybody head to your local USPS dumpster and start digging!

RIP

Dude, that sucks hard core. I'm happy that you got the insurance pay out, but losing that sweet baby is a raw deal.

Ouch! Just ouch!

second instance in what... a month? of usps losing whole markers (dayspring's geo being the other). sorry to hear that, bud.

all mag people should just hold on to their stuff until tunaball every year, and do mass exchanges in person

I've been hearing way too many USPS fail stories lately.

That sucks man! Looks like a really clean one too

Looks like the one I bought at auction for $15 same grips even.

Just kidding. At least you got the insurance payout!

I appreciate the kind words guys. This is definitely not a USPS bash, I shipped over 1000 items last year with none lost or damaged. This is not a common occurrence.
    Also, the insurance payout was just the default $50 for Flat Rate boxes, but the seller and I worked out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    I appreciate the kind words guys. This is definitely not a USPS bash, I shipped over 1000 items last year with none lost or damaged. This is not a common occurrence.
    Also, the insurance payout was just the default $50 for Flat Rate boxes, but the seller and I worked out the rest.
    Dang... I'm sorry I cracked the joke. I'm glad it got worked out at least.

No worries. I'd actually be happy to hear that you got it! The worst part about this deal is that this Mag is probably in a landfill somewhere.

Sorry about the loss and fortunately they covered it.

I worked for a company that shipped an average of 35 packages a day thru USPS...we had about a 5% loss/damage rate...almost none insured. I finally convinced them to change over to UPS just for the $100 automatic coverage.

dude that sucks so big. I almost tried picking this up because I have the same one, actually mine is just missing the matching front grip and barrel. that just straight sucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by C_losjoker; 03-02-2014 at 01:34 PM.

FWIW, I had a part that was lost by USPS for over one month. A week after I received the replacement from the seller, the original showed up. Maybe you will end up with the same surprise.

Good luck.
    "My Jell-O is dying in the audience..."
    Merrill Howard Kalin

Sorry for your loss. The USPS is a horrible service. They lost the last 3 out of 5 packages I've sent out. Most of them being Customer packages. I think it's dumb you have to pay for insurance. It's the post office's job to send it from point A to point B. It's like saying "hey you need to pay us just in case we can't do our job."

Anyways, Hopefully it will show up one day.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    Sorry for your loss. The USPS is a horrible service. They lost the last 3 out of 5 packages I've sent out. Most of them being Customer packages. I think it's dumb you have to pay for insurance. It's the post office's job to send it from point A to point B. It's like saying "hey you need to pay us just in case we can't do our job."

Anyways, Hopefully it will show up one day.
    All freight carriers require additional insurance for higher value items, not just USPS. It's impractical to expect unlimited reimbursement liability on packages. With that being said, I do feel that they should refund shipping costs if they cannot complete the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    The USPS is a horrible service.
    In my experience USPS is by far the best choice for small and medium packages. Not only are they cheaper, they are also faster and more reliable. I am a huge fan. UPS has an extensive history of destroying packages in their sorting facilities, they are far too rough on them. Also, it's naive to think that you are not paying for the insurance on your UPS packages, its built into the price. I am happy that USPS doesn't have built in insurance on packages (they do for Flat Rate Priority), that is a cost I don't want to pay for every item and I have a 99.999% success rate with them.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I do feel that they should refund shipping costs if they cannot complete the delivery.
    They do that, you just have to submit a request online. We got the $17.45 back for this package a week after submitting the claim.

In my experience USPS is by far the best choice for small and medium packages. Not only are they cheaper, they are also faster and more reliable. I am a huge fan. UPS has an extensive history of destroying packages in their sorting facilities, they are far too rough on them. Also, it's naive to think that you are not paying for the insurance on your UPS packages, its built into the price. I am happy that USPS doesn't have built in insurance on packages (they do for Flat Rate Priority), that is a cost I don't want to pay for every item and I have a 99.999% success rate with them.

They do that, you just have to submit a request online. We got the $17.45 back for this package a week after submitting the claim.
    Cool. I didn't realize they did that. Honestly I've only ever had one package in 6 years lost besides ones that went MIA when they went I to the customs black hole. And even UPS only covers $100 iirc automatically. Anything over has to have additional insurance purchased or have 3rd party freight insurance.

If anyone is having 3 out of 5 packages lost they are doing something wrong.

Sorry to hear about the loss. I'm a little worried now because I have an Automag RT coming from Europe and haven't seen it in about two months.... The jungle sunset finish is one I want to add to my own collection so i'll keep my eyes peeled for this specific one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Sorry to hear about the loss. I'm a little worried now because I have an Automag RT coming from Europe and haven't seen it in about two months.... The jungle sunset finish is one I want to add to my own collection so i'll keep my eyes peeled for this specific one.
    I don't think that anything should take more than few weeks between Europe and US. Certainly not more than month. Unless it comes by ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    I don't think that anything should take more than few weeks between Europe and US. Certainly not more than month. Unless it comes by ship?
    i've had stuff from the UK come in around 3 weeks and 8 weeks depending on air freight or boat, unless it got hung up in customs.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    i've had stuff from the UK come in around 3 weeks and 8 weeks depending on air freight or boat, unless it got hung up in customs.
    Ok. I've never had it take more than 3 weeks with customs included.

Laku. We have already proven you can get a package from me quicker than I can get one from California. And I live in the US.

I have heard that if you put paintball gun, it will take a long time going through customs. If you put paintball marker parts, breezes right on through.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Laku. We have already proven you can get a package from me quicker than I can get one from California. And I live in the US.
    That's true.

I think I just bought this off of ebay.

Holy crap! I wonder what the story is here.

He's got a '99 STO for auction as well.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/201049223988?nav=SEARCH

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Holy crap! I wonder what the story is here.
    Could be a USPS auction winner but who knows. His other auctions are pretty random.

I can't believe it. Absolutely without any doubt my two guns. My head is going to explode.

I can't believe it. Absolutely without any doubt my two guns. My head is going to explode.
    Might be worth contacting him and asking where he got it?