Thread: The sad state of the Corporate World

The sad state of the Corporate World

....... You thought it would be all political didn't you.......

Ever since I sold my business, and in a no compete contract clause in which maybe null and voided soon (Another story for maybe future "rant"), I found a J.O.B. which is well just that a JOB now bennies. I work for a lumber yard/home improvement center/super box store if you'd label it somewhere along those lines.

But is humor all but dead in this industry, beside the funny TV commericals. As a recieving member of this store, its my responsablity to pick up broke down cardboard and wasted shrink wrap through out the store for collection and recycle, a very simple task. Behold I found a cutout of the "Jack Links" Sqauch, so I proceeded to tape it to back of a the seat of one of the diesel forklift's, so when the yard guys ran around on their "Scooty Puff's" from behind the sqauch was looking at you. Guest where almost falling over laughing at it, any team member that saw the lift screaming past laughed, even the store management got a kick out of it. Don't worry Squach is the Auto Pilot.

A few days later, General Office came down, and I'm sorry Squach please to toss me into a tree but we were order to destroy the cut out. I can officially say I smashed Bigfoot's face with the help of a compactor. But honestly its all in good fun, and nobody complained. Are they worried their employee robots will learn or have fun on the job?

Oh well, I've got a eye on the next cutout, this one is coming home to have fun with the fiance.
    This space for rent.

Politics aside, Work is work & Fun is fun.
    By Corporate policy, never the twain shall meet.

(btw ~ it's "I' before "E" except after "C"...)
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

most people are happy to have a job, or to keep what they have. some people are doing work that they never had to, or wanted, or even trained for(nurse to a cash register, etc..) so a lot of people are gun-shy about having fun, when that job they have could be held over their heads. you never know what and when the axe will fall again and any black mark, even one so silly as your stunt, could be an excuse to be fired/let go/downsized/whatever.

so i wouldn't sweat it. some people don't have senses of humor. you are trying to make your job enjoyable, and not let the drudgery of the mundane get to you. so, put a whoopie cushion on your seat and make your self the butt of the joke just to see what kind of reaction you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
    Politics aside, Work is work & Fun is fun.
    By Corporate policy, never the twain shall meet.

(btw ~ it's "I' before "E" except after "C"...)
    Not true.
    I love my job.
    I smile every day I go to work, and can't believe I get paid to do what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
    Not true.
    I love my job.
    I smile every day I go to work, and can't believe I get paid to do what I do.
    Right there with you! I love my job. BUT! It's not corporate. My girlfriend however works at a coffee shop chain... some of the stuff she tells me makes my blood boil with anger and disgust at the world. That's why I do what I do

Quote Originally Posted by MoeMag View Post
    Right there with you! I love my job. BUT! It's not corporate. My girlfriend however works at a coffee shop chain... some of the stuff she tells me makes my blood boil with anger and disgust at the world. That's why I do what I do

You still build guns , right

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Yes Sir. Business is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    most people are happy to have a job, or to keep what they have. some people are doing work that they never had to, or wanted, or even trained for(nurse to a cash register, etc..) so a lot of people are gun-shy about having fun, when that job they have could be held over their heads. you never know what and when the axe will fall again and any black mark, even one so silly as your stunt, could be an excuse to be fired/let go/downsized/whatever.

so i wouldn't sweat it. some people don't have senses of humor. you are trying to make your job enjoyable, and not let the drudgery of the mundane get to you. so, put a whoopie cushion on your seat and make your self the butt of the joke just to see what kind of reaction you get.
    See I'm happy with the job, actually I think its great that all that responsablity "weight" off my shoulders vs running my own company. Granted I lost a lot of freedoms with owning a business, but I can actually sleep at nights now.

Ive been bugging BCM up here in WI since i got out of the Army.. hopefully one day..

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post