Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uni-Frame?

i like the longer PTP gas through design. it offers the air inlet at a level to the ASA, so there are no major bends or kinks, which i like. its that linear approach, and makes it have cleaner lines and moves the macroline away from where your hand can go or grab at it. nice work. i'm sure that when Scott gets it, i'll have some trigger time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post

Why chose one. Just buy all the parts. That way you can swap them to whatever you want.
    If it's possible to get one frame and the 2 fg, it's certainly what I'll do !!

The first design (with your foregrip) is A-W-S-O-M-E!
    Go ahead and put my name on the pre-order.

Crappy rendering but each ones taken me 1/2-3/4 hour to do and I dont have the time right now.

This is the frame with the Benchmark foregrip removed. (I only have a small number of foregrips available). Anyway the Vert asa is made so any gas thru foregrip/reg/expansion chamber will thread into it. A tank how ever will not as there is no pin to depress the tank valve. Hmm gotta look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

That foregrip wouldn't happen to be reversible would it?

That thing turned around with the finger ridges cleaned off would be perfection

For me it will definetely be custom foregrip + vert asa + benchmark fg !!!!!

To be blunt, I hate the foregrip as much as I love the frame. As with everything... depending on cost...

Crappy rendering but each ones taken me 1/2-3/4 hour to do and I dont have the time right now.

This is the frame with the Benchmark foregrip removed. (I only have a small number of foregrips available). Anyway the Vert asa is made so any gas thru foregrip/reg/expansion chamber will thread into it. A tank how ever will not as there is no pin to depress the tank valve. Hmm gotta look into that.

these have been fun items to work on.
    thankyou again.

Pending price, I would probably be interested in one with the vert ASA. I like the flexibility of it.

Your timing on this is impeccable too...right around tax return time I can see one of these going with one of XMT's carbon fiber bodies for a ridiculously light mag setup.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Your timing on this is impeccable too...right around tax return time I can see one of these going with one of XMT's carbon fiber bodies for a ridiculously light mag setup.
    yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    To be blunt, I hate the foregrip as much as I love the frame. As with everything... depending on cost...
    Thank you. I can understand that. Does the VA seem to be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Never even thought about it being that time of year.

that doesnt look like a XMT body... what are you planning here

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    that doesnt look like a XMT body... what are you planning here
    Its not a XMT body. The body in the rendering is a abandoned project. I was working on designing a ULE Minimag body. Then XMT came out with his first. So I stopped. No need for 2 of them on the market. It would only hurt sales of both.

^respect^

Its really simple if I wouldn't want it to happen to me I wont do it to others.

Example: I have had not one but two other people copy one of my designs. With minor changes of course. One of them even had enough gaul to hint that his was the original. If he had simply asked I probably would have said he could. As much as people say mimicry is flattery it does not flatter me to have my stuff copied so I refuse to do that to others.

Its really simple if I wouldn't want it to happen to me I wont do it to others.

Example: I have had not one but two other people copy one of my designs. With minor changes of course. One of them even had enough gaul to hint that his was the original. If he had simply asked I probably would have said he could. As much as people say mimicry is flattery it does not flatter me to have my stuff copied so I refuse to do that to others.
    Name names damn it

Is there a hole or a slot for the forgrip mounting screws? I was thinking that a slot would allow a little freedom to adjust the setup longer or shorter depending on a users preferences. Just a thought.

Thank you. I can understand that. Does the VA seem to be ok?
    Sorry, I realized my comment was pretty douchey. The foregrip isn't my taste, but seems like several like it, so **** me. I do like the VA style. This would look nice with a CP or RPG style gas through on it. Or maybe using an HPR as an LPR for a pnue set up.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Name names damn it

Is there a hole or a slot for the forgrip mounting screws? I was thinking that a slot would allow a little freedom to adjust the setup longer or shorter depending on a users preferences. Just a thought.
    Not gonna name anyone. It wouldn't help anything.

There is a slot for the for the foregrip mounting.
    Only rendering I have that shows it is a very old one.

Note: frame mounting screw is no longer recessed. Yea you can do it the way I show it but its expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Sorry, I realized my comment was pretty douchey. The foregrip isn't my taste, but seems like several like it, so **** me. I do like the VA style. This would look nice with a CP or RPG style gas through on it. Or maybe using an HPR as an LPR for a pnue set up.
    I think you have it wrong. I really like that you told it the way it is. Often to many people just say "thats nice"

I spy a microswitch!!! would this frame fit a 9V and a currently available board? maybe the new DNA board

Quote Originally Posted by rukh013 View Post
    I spy a microswitch!!! would this frame fit a 9V and a currently available board? maybe the new DNA board
    Thats a very old design. There will be no microswitch. This was originally designed as a eframe (in 2008) but with the lack of boards at the time it was abandoned.
    It may be revisited some time in the future. Not sure. It would be a 500$ + frame as a electro (best guess). It was based on the hyperframe/VER setup. And Im not sure theres a market for that expensive a frame

Not gonna name anyone. It wouldn't help anything.
    I knew you wouldn't, I was just being a jerk.

Thats a very old design. There will be no microswitch. This was originally designed as a eframe (in 2008) but with the lack of boards at the time it was abandoned.
    It may be revisited some time in the future. Not sure. It would be a 500$ + frame as a electro (best guess). It was based on the hyperframe/VER setup. And Im not sure theres a market for that expensive a frame

Someone should design a frame that uses the readily available stock PMR board..... Someone...... oneday.....

Does the OD of the VASA match the OD of the top of a bike grip

Quote Originally Posted by rukh013 View Post
    Someone should design a frame that uses the readily available stock PMR board..... Someone...... oneday.....
    I know what your saying. Eframes are tricky, You start with a frame cost then add $200 (a guess) in electronics to it.Then assembly time/cost.

Example would be the M86 I just did and am going to finish up before the uniframe ever gets to preorder. If I were to offer a "E" version which Im not. The final price would be in the 475$ range. Not inluding my time wiring or that I would need to go out and buy all the tools to wire the thing.

Beacise of the price required you quickly price yourself out of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    Does the OD of the VASA match the OD of the top of a bike grip
    Do you know what the od of a bike grip is at the top. Right now the VASA is 1" OD

Any chance you would make an "insert" to go between the frame and RT foregrip to make RT style foregrips look a little less awkward on them? I love my DW CF foregrip. Make the insert like the VASA, but without the threaded portion and a slot wide enough for RT-style foregrip mounting screws (or two holes, but a slot is probably easier).

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Any chance you would make an "insert" to go between the frame and RT foregrip to make RT style foregrips look a little less awkward on them? I love my DW CF foregrip. Make the insert like the VASA, but without the threaded portion and a slot wide enough for RT-style foregrip mounting screws (or two holes, but a slot is probably easier).
    Its all numbers. I would have to make a certain amount to hit minimums. But I would have to sell them at a high price per part because I likely wouldn't sell them all.

If there was enough interest in that Yes I can make it. But it would probably be better for someone like Luke to make for the amount of interest.

Just a thought but any way to make the vert asa adjustable so that you can adjust the angle