Thread: colored emag board screens

colored emag board screens

is it possible at all anymore to get an order up to get colored screens for the emag?
    anyone with real info of where to look or where to get started please let me know.

thankyou,
    KNM.

Check with Luke...

There used to be a few people who provided them, white, green, blue, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Check with Luke...

There used to be a few people who provided them, white, green, blue, etc.
    just sent him a message,
    we will see.
    I don't think he does though.

any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    just sent him a message,
    we will see.
    I don't think he does though.

any other ideas?
    I think KC was one of the people who sold them originally (he's the guy who made the aftermarket batteries too) but he's not around anymore.

The boards are something that you can get from digikey & others. However some colors are discontinued. They can be remade but I believe you have to order 1000 units or some large number.

Digikey (http://www.digikey.com) has them at $-
    Arrow Electronics (http://www.arrownac.com) has them for $-
    The part numbers are
    HCMS-2912 for Red
    HCMS-2911 for Yellow
    HCMS-2913 for Green
    HCMS-2914 for Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

What Cougar20th said.

Couple words of advice.... Green and Yellow seem to still be readily available. Orange still needs a min order of 1000. Blue are obsolete. Whatever you do, do NOT put your e-mail address into one of those websites asking when the blue screens will ever come back. They apparently blast your e-mail to 100's of manufacturers trying to sell you really large orders. I'm still getting spam e-mails from China asking me about them. I don't have 80k to spend on screens....

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    What Cougar20th said.

Couple words of advice.... Green and Yellow seem to still be readily available. Orange still needs a min order of 1000. Blue are obsolete. Whatever you do, do NOT put your e-mail address into one of those websites asking when the blue screens will ever come back. They apparently blast your e-mail to 100's of manufacturers trying to sell you really large orders. I'm still getting spam e-mails from China asking me about them. I don't have 80k to spend on screens....
    Plus the fact that what you most likely would get from China would be garbage if you ever received anything. It's quote common for Chinese component brokers to list every single part number in the hopes of snagging a desperate customer using google or another search engine to look for specific parts and dumb enough to wire in advance. Orange looks to be a 4wk leadtime, but not sure of the minimum. DK shows a 40pc price break, but none of the franchised distributors show what a minimum order is. Mouser or DigiKey are your best bets for small quantities as they are geared towards prototype/hobbyist quantities as well as production quantities.

I got my green screen from Digikey a couple years ago. You'll have to get some wire cutters and shorten the pins a bit, but otherwise it's a drop-in.

You have a PM

You know....I think I have a blue one that I ordered with my yellow one some 5-6 years ago somewhere in my mag box. I think. Blah as if I need ANOTHER thing to do.
    Xmag, IT Emag
    And a few other Emags.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFiend View Post
    You know....I think I have a blue one that I ordered with my yellow one some 5-6 years ago somewhere in my mag box. I think. Blah as if I need ANOTHER thing to do.
    I need blue
    let me know if and when you fine it.