Thread: my first mag build thread, worth a read??? maybe not

my first mag build thread, worth a read??? maybe not

I hope this is the right place for this. If not please move it

first off I figured since its my first mag being built ever I thought should document it, I am sure im messing it all up with wrong parts haha.

A few years ago when my best friend passed away I build a autococker from scratch to help get my mind off things. I tried to build it from all NEW old parts .

It turned out like this. Still not completely done but its been sitting for about a year now
    eblade with tadeo board,shocktech parts blah blah blah

Long story short i've always loved mags, I've owned a few but didn't do much with them.
    I had gotten an idea to build a mag from as many NEW old parts as I could like the cocker, trying to have the same color combo as the cocker also

I have ordered a few parts for this mag and most are on the way in shipping now. Today 1/24/2013 I found out somehow paypal used my old address for and 2 of the 4 things that I ordered the other night. I had to do so much running around to post office's and what not to try to get my package before they where delivered to the wrong house on accident. We happened to get one package back today and waiting for the other one to get into town to scoop that up. The ppl at USPS were not any help to me what so ever. Thank the LORD my beautiful Girlfriend helped me out and asked her dad for help, he seems to know everyone in the world and he knew a postman. He called him and he got us the number for the mailman with my package so we got to meet up with him and I got it right off his mail truck.

I really thought these where going to be gone for good and the project was gonna be done with before I got to start it. I did not want to have to reorder these things.

today the first item I ordered came and this is it!!

Last edited by Brak54; 01-25-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us a general idea of what you would like to do...? Colors, etc. And what do you mean by NEW old parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacapuntas View Post
    Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us a general idea of what you would like to do...? Colors, etc. And what do you mean by NEW old parts?
    x-valved ULE with warpfeed SHP reg. Going with red and black theme. Like the autococker pictured, by NEW old I ment every part that I buy im trying to find it new never used old inventory

wouldn't a VD rail be a NEW new part?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCoffin View Post
    wouldn't a VD rail be a NEW new part?
    like the post above said im trying to find them, I got a amazing deal on this from VD anyways..

Last edited by Brak54; 01-25-2013 at 08:36 PM.

are you really gonna cut the rail for a warp body? thats a nice rail dood!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
    x-valved ULE with warpfeed SHP reg. Going with red and black theme. Like the autococker pictured, by NEW old I ment every part that I buy im trying to find it new never used old inventory
    You probably shouldn't warp cut a rail that nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    You probably shouldn't warp cut a rail that nice.
    I guess I kinda worded that wrong lol, oh well I liked your reactions haha.

STILL even has the staple in it still haha

You do know that AGD is still in business right? You can get nearly any part you want direct from AGD or Tuna who is an authorized retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    You do know that AGD is still in business right? You can get nearly any part you want direct from AGD or Tuna who is an authorized retailer.
    I have a few parts from both of them.

Ok. Just some of your comments sounded like you were surprised that you were finding new parts.
    Last edited by OPBN; 01-26-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Ok. Just some of your comments made it seemed like you were surprised that you were finding new parts.
    I am surprised. I'm a autococker guy never knew you could find mag parts new still. Blew My mind

2 more house till the mail man is here !!!!!!

MOTY3
    What kind of trigger frame are you using...hoping for Black...

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    What kind of trigger frame are you using...hoping for Black...
    its gonna be posted when this mailman gets here he he

MOTY3
    You art to get one of them there Black and Red VD clamping feednecks...that would look purdy on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    You art to get one of them there Black and Red VD clamping feednecks...that would look purdy on there.
    i ordered a black and red no pro CCM one i might get a RPG too just incase the ccm doesnt look so good

MOTY3
    YYYESSSSSS 90* goodness......Hey were did the cheers smiley go oh well

Starting to shape up real nice...

wow dude... you do it right the first time dont you! looks great... cant wait to see which grips you go with!

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
    wow dude... you do it right the first time dont you! looks great... cant wait to see which grips you go with!
    thanks guys! means alot

If there's something I like as much as Mags, it's threads with lots of detailed pictures.

Keep up the good work, it's definitely shaping up to be an awesome build!

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    If there's something I like as much as Mags, it's threads with lots of detailed pictures.

Keep up the good work, it's definitely shaping up to be an awesome build!
    thanks buddy!

New macro line and black fittings. From macro line guy. Thanks to him for the extras. Also got a Ccm no pro feedneck

Last edited by Brak54; 01-31-2013 at 02:55 PM.

You would be better served to use a shorter on/off pin than getting a SHP reg. You can make it go just as fast and still use the tank with other markers. Or getting a ULT and tuning it.

Just my .02. But very nice so far.

Get a Sub Zero feedneck. It will look better.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrtk View Post
    You would be better served to use a shorter on/off pin than getting a SHP reg. You can make it go just as fast and still use the tank with other markers. Or getting a ULT and tuning it.

Just my .02. But very nice so far.
    i ordered the SHP reg already its gonna be here in like 40 min

I thought about it many times. I dont think this one looks too bad but I think I am going to order a RPG just incase too. Subzeros have always been my fav.

i was thinking of buying a old 88/4500 and putting the shp reg on there someone is selling the tank for 30 bucks local