Thread: That USPS tracking...

That USPS tracking...

...always drives me nuts.

Package was estimated to arrive on the 12th, now the 13th has passed and it's still out there. Dispatched from Utah to the "sort facility" on the 6th, arrived at the "sort facility" in Colorado on the 8th, and hasn't left yet or hasn't been scanned since it arrived.

It's not time sensitive, but I just keep checking the mail and reloading the page

i had a similar scare with some parts, only i didnt have tracking or a receipt...after 4 days i was wondering what the deal was and after 10 days i thought it was lost forever...it finally showed up a couple days after that and i can say i will never send a package w/out tracking anymore...i guess it went through 3 different sort facilities instead of just one that it should have...cant complain though; after everything i have bought or sold online, that was my only scare...good luck with your stuff, im sure it will get there

I'm not worried, just stupid

I love when it stills says estimated delivery on tuesday, when your checking a few days later on friday.

wait until you buy an old gun from the UK & it shows up 3 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by oldironmudder View Post
    wait until you buy an old gun from the UK & it shows up 3 months later.
    I'm glad they give extra scrutiny to packages from the I.C.E. these days...

Sucks when you're waiting for a marker, though.

A couple weeks of back & forth after a month or two him looking for it since it was in storage for years. Pay for air shipping. 3 months worth of shipping, we both finally gave up & I gave him the go ahead to start the lost package **** on his end to get money back. Couple days later I got it with some big ass sticker saying something about ship by boat. Was very much worth the wait. Now it is one of those that will not get sold & is nearly complete. Just gotta find a cram & jam to put on the feedneck.

Quote Originally Posted by oldironmudder View Post
    Couple days later I got it with some big ass sticker saying something about ship by boat.
    I was not aware we still did that for mail, at least not since the 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I was not aware we still did that for mail, at least not since the 40s.

I dont remember exactly what it said but it had to be the slowest for of shipping the UK has then slowest USPS has. Probably could have hauled it quicker with one of my donkeys.