Thread: **NEW** Custom Warp Bodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**NEW** Custom Warp Bodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a few extra blanks so i decided to make up a few custom ULE warp left bodies. This has been a project i have wanted to do for a long time and many have asked for it. Available in Minimag, RT and plain fronts.
    I only made them in the warp left version...a warp right version could be done in a preorder.

Will post this up soon in the dealers section

[/URL]

Dang man I was just thinking about this today. If I could, I'd LOVE to have the warp left Classic RT ULE body instead of the center-feed that I'm marked for. I was thinking about asking you if that was an option but then thought that it might not even be possible because it's not as simple as drilling the detent holes in the different spots because of the PIM placement.

Jay - I HATE YOU OH SO VERY VERY MUCH RIGHT NOW!

/Love you man
    nogay

Dang. Looking at these makes me wonder if it would be possible to machine a tripple breach. Angel threaded top, left , and right. Then have two angel threaded caps that are themselves tapped for detents. Then you could configure it however you wanted without the need for an interchangable breach or multiple bodies. Just and idea.

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    Dang. Looking at these makes me wonder if it would be possible to machine a tripple breach. Angel threaded top, left , and right. Then have two angel threaded caps that are themselves tapped for detents. Then you could configure it however you wanted without the need for an interchangable breach or multiple bodies. Just and idea.
    A very good idea...+1

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Jay - I HATE YOU OH SO VERY VERY MUCH RIGHT NOW!

/Love you man
    nogay

Evil...only 4 of these left! You know you want one or four!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    Evil...only 4 of these left! You know you want one or four!!! LOL
    You know me too well..

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    That's kind of where the micromag 2k9 (the last one) discussion started.

Engus came up with the rotary breech.

The trouble with plugs/caps is that they need to be indexed if they are contoured for the bore. If they are not contoured, then they will accumulate paint badly. If you have an easy way to lock a contoured cap into place while retaining the feedneck threads, that would be the "key".

Side "plates" always pop into my mind, but then, so do four screws per plate.

I would be really, really, really interested in the classic RT front warp left. Interested enough to buy one... Jerk

Hi Jay - responded to your PM

someone is gonna regret not getting one of these bad boys

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post

The trouble with plugs/caps is that they need to be indexed if they are contoured for the bore. If they are not contoured, then they will accumulate paint badly. If you have an easy way to lock a contoured cap into place while retaining the feedneck threads, that would be the "key".

I believe that was actually my idea in that thread. Although oftentimes I don't fully verbalize my ideas; I just kind of hint at them.

I don't really think such caps would be much of an issue, even for PTP's limited QA ability. I think the detent issue is slightly more complicating -- I was kicking around the idea of having the detent on the bottom instead of the standard locations. Not sure if I verbalized that one either.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post

Reading some old threads, I came across this: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-Breech-Design

Is that what you're talking about?