View Poll Results: Will you buy an Armada-L Rail?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, no doubt

14 29.17%
  • Maybe, depends

31 64.58%
  • No, not interested

3 6.25%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armada-L Rail's

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

Wonder what a Chord V2 would look like on it ?
    Pending a price, I am interested in an AM/MM length one.

tha Chord V2 looks Sa WeeT on tha ArMaDa rail El Panda made for me...ill try to get some pics outside to post for ya. seriously tho for anyone interested the nicest rail thats been made in awhile, since tha Dallara rail and RPG Mini rails...El Panda's rail tha way to go!

The Armada-L was only conceptualized by me, Luke is the one doing the heavy lifting here to make sure you all can actually buy one

But the Armada V2 that you have reebs was entirely my design and manufacture, curious to see what a chord setup looks like myself as I only design with ULE bodies in mind really
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

I'm not sure that everyone has caught on to the fact that this exact rail is not being made due to some of the extreme cuts in the design. I had to make changes to the design in order to make it usable with pump milling. Also the extreme nature of this design exposes areas of other related 'Mag' components and 'working geometry' of the rail itself that needed to be tweaked otherwise the finished product would not have been satisfactory. The new design is definitely an 'Armada' rail so no worries there, but changes have been made. My money says if there was not a CAD to compare to, most people could not pick out the changes from memory, except ElPanda of course.

Headed to the shop now to cut more fixtures (Thought I was done, NOT) and setup the machine to cut the first two rails. If I don't run into any unforeseen issues we should see some rails this evening.

After NOTE:
    Not intended to discredit ElPanda, I still consider this his design.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    The Armada-L was only conceptualized by me, Luke is the one doing the heavy lifting here to make sure you all can actually buy one

But the Armada V2 that you have reebs was entirely my design and manufacture, curious to see what a chord setup looks like myself as I only design with ULE bodies in mind really
    hey Panda here are a few pics of a Chord V2 on tha ArMaDa V2:

Whoo Whee!!! Damn any pics i take from now on will be outside eh...HO LEE CHIT....way better than inside with a cell fone..haha!!!

looks pretty good

as I expected the frontal portion reveals the straight edge of the underside of the body, kinda ugly but hard to pick up on with all the curves happening between both the body and rail

I got my V2's anodized just last week, they turned out great, I think Im going to have to build another mag just around the second rail

edit: and yes, forgot to mention this in the thread but the model I was going off of initially when I created the design in the pictures was using incorrect slug dimensions, so luke had to change a few things in order to finalize a solid design (as he stated above)

I have faith that he remained true to the spirit of the design enough for you to all still drool over it once it is ready
    Last edited by ElPanda; 10-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    looks pretty good

as I expected the frontal portion reveals the straight edge of the underside of the body, kinda ugly but hard to pick up on with all the curves happening between both the body and rail

I got my V2's anodized just last week, they turned out great, I think Im going to have to build another mag just around the second rail

edit: and yes, forgot to mention this in the thread but the model I was going off of initially when I created the design in the pictures was using incorrect slug dimensions, so luke had to change a few things in order to finalize a solid design (as he stated above)

I have faith that he remained true to the spirit of the design enough for you to all still drool over it once it is ready
    yeah man tha Pariah body looks best on these rails that are already done....maybe these new ones will hide tha straight edge? wont know until pics are up tho? hey Panda any thoughts about maybe programming/designing/making a CAD for a flush cut of a ULE body so the front of the bodies look like tha Pariah/Dallara/Chord V2 bodies? i had asked before but Nada? just a straight cut to tha front of tha ULE body just looks like a hack job...definitely not very custom at all...ya kno?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    maybe these new ones will hide tha straight edge?
    That is one of the things I fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    That is one of the things I fixed...
    kool do you have a pic with a Chord body on it?

I dont own a cord body, sorry and no Armada rails have been machined yet.

I dont own a cord body, sorry and no Armada rails have been machined yet.
    oh aight..i guess ill just wait...dont wanna ask too many questions? but wait how do you know if ya fixed that if ya dont have a chord body or a rail machined yet? my bad food..i had to ask?

VALASQUEZ!!!....TKO in ta fifth!!!
    Last edited by need4reebs; 10-20-2013 at 12:07 AM.

oh aight..i guess ill just wait...dont wanna ask too many questions? but wait how do you know if ya fixed that if ya dont have a chord body or a rail machined yet?:
    I used my wizard intuition.

I used my wizard intuition.

rolf...Damn you should use that wizard stuff for that LPR fore grip...rolfsarcasm

It's done, has been for 6 months, just have to make it.

Rails are ready for production!
    Special preorder pricing, they will be priced to move.
    More details later, gotta family thing I have to go to.

Cool

Rails are ready for production!
    Special preorder pricing, they will be priced to move.
    More details later, gotta family thing I have to go to.
    Yesssssssss!!!!
    Put me #1 on the list.

Please!

I will for sure take one! And I got a Chord body I wanna match it up with. Just been waiting for the right rail. The buddies let me in on this gem today at the field.

I have 3 prototypes (exact same as the production ones):
    1 AM Armada, pump milled
    1 AM Armada
    1 RTP Armada (length of AM rail)
    First paid order for each ship same day. Everyone else will have to wait.
    I'll get a dealer thread up tonight.

be hitting refresh...

I know this is off topic but what is the possibility of a chord body run

It's not my design, so I wouldn't copy it.

What about something that flows together with the asthetics of the Armada rail?

I would be down for a Luke's custom original body that would go with the rail... Then I would just have to buy the grip frame and voila a Luke mag.... Just a thought.

I promise you will see bodies in the future, but the next project has to be the FGLPR. I have a bunch of money in materials and tooling plus a ton of time in design and programming, so I need to get back on it. The logistics of this (rail) project was more simple so I chose to get it done first for monetary purposes. This will help fund a personal project I must get done. And the 'quick' support is very appreciated.

oh aight..i guess ill just wait...dont wanna ask too many questions? but wait how do you know if ya fixed that if ya dont have a chord body or a rail machined yet? my bad food..i had to ask?
    Apparently I've hurt your feelings somewhere along the way, the straight answer is GEOMETRY. I don't need a Chord body to know it is fixed.

Cool to hear.. I'll be lurking around and waiting

Gentlemen (ladies too if present) thank you for your support on this project!!

There is no way to tell if everyone that has voted has decided to purchase or not but I'm going to go ahead and start the machining tomorrow.
    Last edited by luke; 10-22-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Apparently I've hurt your feelings somewhere along the way, the straight answer is GEOMETRY. I don't need a Chord body to know it is fixed.
    nah Luke you didnt hurt my feelings man...trust me if you did id let ya kno big Dawg!!!

Wow, we closed a preorder minimum in just over 24 hours, sweet!

Discount pricing closes thursday 10-24-13 at 12-noon mst.

If you currently have an unpaid invoice it is good until then.