Thread: x-valve leak?

x-valve leak?

I have a ule automag with x-valve is it normal for it to leak out air when the input pressure is below 500 psi?My next question is, if its not supposed to leak who could I send it to ?to go through it and set my mag up.thanks for any and all help:-)

I could be wrong, but I thought the input had to be above 600 for.the internals to work.correctly on the x valve? Try a high pressure reg if you have one available

Yeah that's the thing atm.I'm down to 500 psi on my scuba tanks when I put the new rail on the valve leaks from the bottom of the valve at the trigger area.500 psi is all I can test with currently. I hope when I get a good fill it stops leaking.I have the shp ninja reg atm.who would be the one to send my marker too for setting it up and or rebuilding the xvalve?

Tuna works on them. But it really just sounds like there isn't enough head pressure to seat everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought the input had to be above 600 for.the internals to work.correctly on the x valve?
    This^^^. Most of mine won't even cycle below 800 psi or so.

I doubt you'd need the rebuild/ tune up... I mean, yes, it would support one of the last mag builders and suppliers out there... but that being said, my rt pro (1/2 stainless x valve) wont cycle when I'm a needle width below 1000 on my tank. So about 800 psi or so. Id get more air for a few bucks before dropping $100+ to get it rebuilt, when it may only need one $.10 o ring.

If I've read correctly the x valve/rt pro/rt need the high pressure to seal the on off assembly and reg piston spring upon air up.

Re reading your post, it sounds like the pressure isn't high enough to reset the on off. So its leaking from the bottom/trigger area

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    Yeah that's the thing atm.I'm down to 500 psi on my scuba tanks when I put the new rail on the valve leaks from the bottom of the valve at the trigger area.500 psi is all I can test with currently. I hope when I get a good fill it stops leaking.I have the shp ninja reg atm.who would be the one to send my marker too for setting it up and or rebuilding the xvalve?
    either tuna or big evil if you decide to send your marker out for tuning

Sweet thanks guys,it will be this weekend before I can get any air .I'll post again with the results from a full fill.:-) :-)

Well I got a full fill and woosh air all gone again!!!grrr I almost pitched my mag in the trash.I decided to pull the xvalve and take another look and guess what I saw lol or didn't see?the dang on/off pin was missing,lol I've spent like 20$ in air.I got the xvalve in a trade and just took the word of its gtg(maybe if it had the on/off pin)
    I guess I'll be ordering one or posting wtb on/off pin lol,at least I know what the problem is now.:-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    I got the xvalve in a trade and just took the word of its gtg(maybe if it had the on/off pin)
    I had a friend hand me minimag and ask if I could setup the level 10. It was missing parts and needed a whole rebuild. I normally don't put air on markers before I check them out, but sometimes you forget and take people at their word.