Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Official Venomous Designs Body Pre Order

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    A breach of contract issue wouldn't be governed by Federal law, it would be governed by State law. First you'd have a conflicts issue to determine which state to sue in. Then you'd have to determine that State's statute of limitations on a breach of contract matter. 10 years is not uncommon.
    Define don't quote me....

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I figured it was, really. Reading my reply again it sounded like I was miffed, but I wasn't. Just an over-the-top reply, partly for humor. Hard to convey in text I realize.
    Lol, yeah it was a joke. I'm in the same boat as you

Quote Originally Posted by kfletch View Post
    Define don't quote me....
    Whoops! Meant to quote Tombola (who you quoted). That's the question I was really responding to with that post.

anybody heard from him lately? is he still trying to finish these?

Best person to talk to would be XMT. He's the one doing the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by reckid1986 View Post
    anybody heard from him lately? is he still trying to finish these?
    Have not heard a thing. He went MIA. No one has talked to him in months and he got butthurt at me/us for *****ing him out about the mess he caused.

i was in contact with him from 11/27/12 to 05/20/13.

November 27 2012 i was told 6 weeks.
    January 11 2013 i was told 40-60 days.
    May 20 2013 all i get is soon.

i have sent 4 emails since may 20th 2013 with no responce.

i was patient and nice up until my last email which i sent on october 22, 2013, this is what i sent(still with no response):

"saw the bodies you have up on ebay. so you have time to continually list your extra stock on ebay, but no time to respond to my emails for the past 4 months. you have nearly $800 of my money. i have been paid in full for two years now i am at the end of my patience here.you have bodies to sell, so where are the production bodies that are owed to the people on AO?"

Im telling you guys,...

Get on ebay,.. flood their fraud department with hits on these items,......

Someone needs to get the cops involved,...... you guys got hosed.

EDIT: I took the time tonight to get ebay on board with this,.. again. Sent them all the info here in the thread. They are attaching an investigative officer from their departs AS SOON as YOU GUYS collectively (one at a time, all of you involved) fill out your police reports by either:
    A) walking into your local police department and filling out an investigative report so they may open a multi-state fraud case on him
    or
    B) fill out the on-line police investigation request (once i get it i will post the link up) and forward the information to the assigned officer.

They said that its 100% faster to get the ebay fraud department to physically go after a seller from ebay and press charges by simply:
    Gathering up all the information you have to give to a police officer (the entire history of this thread), the ebay items he is selling, and open a report/case.

Once they do that,..... ebay has actual cops that hunt these people down with local police departments. Were talking actual arrests can be made.....

30 minutes at a police station guys,.... think about what it would be like to close this chapter.....
    Last edited by p8ntbal4me; 11-07-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me View Post
    Im telling you guys,...

Get on ebay,.. flood their fraud department with hits on these items,......

Someone needs to get the cops involved,...... you guys got hosed.

EDIT: I took the time tonight to get ebay on board with this,.. again. Sent them all the info here in the thread. They are attaching an investigative officer from their departs AS SOON as YOU GUYS collectively (one at a time, all of you involved) fill out your police reports by either:
    A) walking into your local police department and filling out an investigative report so they may open a multi-state fraud case on him
    or
    B) fill out the on-line police investigation request (once i get it i will post the link up) and forward the information to the assigned officer.

They said that its 100% faster to get the ebay fraud department to physically go after a seller from ebay and press charges by simply:
    Gathering up all the information you have to give to a police officer (the entire history of this thread), the ebay items he is selling, and open a report/case.

Once they do that,..... ebay has actual cops that hunt these people down with local police departments. Were talking actual arrests can be made.....

30 minutes at a police station guys,.... think about what it would be like to close this chapter.....
    also, can we get a forum "like button" for posts like this

I thought the items being sold on EBay were extras? Are there items being sold there that are due to other customer?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I thought the items being sold on EBay were extras? Are there items being sold there that are due to other customer?
    i check his ebay auctions several times a week, and not once have i seen any of the items that i am owed. how can i claim fraud if he has not sold or listed any of the items he owes me?

By impeding him selling off the extras you guys would be hurting your chances of this ever coming to fruition. To be honest I doubt anyone is ever going to see any money out of him. Ever. But unless he is selling items on EBay that were paid for by other customers, it's not fraud.

I think that all of the auctions say that he is selling "extras" or his "personal" items. It might be just enough to keep him out of trouble. It would be hard to prove that a certain body was supposed to be yours unless you had specific proof that you paid for a certain serial numbered body.

When someone takes money from a buyer as a seller of a product, and they do not or can not deliver a product that was paid for,.... a refund or delivery of purchased product MUST occur.

To help those of you that do not understand the way the law works with purchase and sales,.... please Google "Consumer Law & Fraud",... specifically "does a retailer have to honor a listed price?"

This law outlines how the money has exchanged hands and has become a binding contract. It further goes to explain that the retailer has two options at this point: issue a full refund (meaning ALL the money), or deliver the product as contracted.

It even goes into detail for recourse on behalf of the buyer,.......

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I think that all of the auctions say that he is selling "extras" or his "personal" items. It might be just enough to keep him out of trouble. It would be hard to prove that a certain body was supposed to be yours unless you had specific proof that you paid for a certain serial numbered body.
    No,.. it does NOT work like that.

Mongoose did a "RUN" of items,.. none serialized specific to each buyer. So by consumer law, the eBay auction is a fraudulent sale because there are buyers PRE-DATING the auction sale date for the same goods already purchased.

You guys need to look this stuff up!!!! Get on this before the credit card companies wont help you. This is FRAUD guys,..... make an example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    They are not EXTRAS until all the sales contracts for purchased items have been completed. He "legally" has ZERO extras right now.

An example would be my own frames: the remaining VER frames I have have no buyers for them,.. and all the original purchases have been completed. Therefore the remaining VER frames are "EXTRAS" and have no contractual ownership to anyone other than myself.

They are not EXTRAS until all the sales contracts for purchased items have been completed. He "legally" has ZERO extras right now.

An example would be my own frames: the remaining VER frames I have have no buyers for them,.. and all the original purchases have been completed. Therefore the remaining VER frames are "EXTRAS" and have no contractual ownership to anyone other than myself.
    I'm an outsider on this one but I check in on this thread when it gets bumped. What you are saying makes sense. The grey area I see is that he as apparently selling items that he does not have buyers for. Say he had 10 orders for item A and 10 for item B. It looks as though he had 15 of item A made and 0 of item B. He is selling item A on ebay but since that particular item is not owed to any individual, does it count as "extra"? Or, since he evidently used the pre-sale money for B on A, does that mean that he acquired the "extra" A's fraudulently and in doing so breached his contract with the buyers of item B?

What should happen is that all of the "extra's" should be ceased and sold off to repay the victims. I doubt that will happen though.

Perhaps he should have offered these items to replace the ones that he did not finish getting made. I don't believe the items he is selling on Ebay were ever sold to anyone, they are extras of items that did not sell. Now if he is selling parts that were paid for by others, than yes that constitutes as fraud. He is also selling several sets of panels and foregrips. Is this fraud as well? That makes no sense.

For the record, I'm in no way defending this jacknut and/or his behavior. I had my own run in with him a long time ago and wouldn't trust him with a penny of my money anymore. I feel for everyone that is owed money/parts. Hopefully he will sell some things and repay everyone or make enough to be able to get the rest of whats owed built. I doubt it, but here's hoping.

The 'extra' bodies and rails should have been offered as compensation to anyone that he owes money to BEFORE they were put on EBay.

I don't talk to him anymore, but knowing his history and putting 2 + 2 together it looks like he is selling off his personal paintball gear long with a bunch of T-Fal cooking stuff that most likely his parents (who work for Tfal) are getting. For all the years I have known him he has had ONE real job and that didn't last too long so I surmise he is using whatever ebay money he is making as his only source of income.

ive gotten communication back open with him.

Hello Travis,
    This was in my Spam folder, not sure why....sorry i missed it.

Please send me a complete list of what is owed to you and i will send what i have right away and refund for what i dont have. Please Inform anyone you may know to do the same asap. Please have a record of your payment(s) with the email.
    so lets see where this goes.

and this

At this point in time, ALL body Pre orders have been Terminated. I have tried multiple times, in the end the bodies were tested and did not function to specs needed....therefore i could not sell them if they did not work. I Have spent much more then the pre order amount collected. The Pre order money can not be refunded. But if you paid in full for one of these bodies i can and will refund you that money because the product was not completed.

At this time the V.2 and V.3 grips will be made. yes they have been delayed but production on them is still in effect and they will be completed.

no... a preorder deposit is to secure your place in line and if you back out is non refundable. If the manufacturer terminated the project then the preorder deposits should be refunded.

he also said in that statement that those who paid in full will get their money back... so if those of you who have paid a deposit want their money back pay him the rest and he'll give you a refund

Wow. He may not be able to, but I would like to see XMT chime in on this. From my understanding he was the one actually milling the bodies.
    Last edited by OPBN; 11-10-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    no... a preorder deposit is to secure your place in line and if you back out is non refundable. If the manufacturer terminated the project then the preorder deposits should be refunded.

he also said in that statement that those who paid in full will get their money back... so if those of you who have paid a deposit want their money back pay him the rest and he'll give you a refund
    I know a little something about contract law so here is my humble addition:

A contract like this could only be terminated by Venomous Designs if it became impossible to perform (i.e. there would be no materials available and no machines anywhere that could complete the project would render it impossible), it appears from his email that it only became harder to perform his end since the bodies did not meet spec (that is his problem, not one the buyer has to assume). This is what in legal terms makes it a frustrated contract as opposed to impossible, which he seems to be asserting. He still was required to meet his end of the bargain (producing a product he promised to deliver) even though it became harder for him. In addition, he did not provide any terms governing the agreement in regards to the deposit from what I can tell, going off of course what started this debacle on page one of the thread. This goes to say I think there is a good legal argument for the deposit money to be refunded also, depending on how much is involved and it is worth the time and effort for those who paid a deposit without paying the full amount.

My two cents.

youre welcome

I have had no contact with mongoose in over a year and a half. Mongoose had the lathe portion of some slug bodies made but the shop that did them scraped them. I have nothing to do with this project anymore....I have my own stuff to work on. posting this up because i keep getting PM's from members asking whats going on.

Good to hear this from you terror

Quote Originally Posted by tolar250 View Post
    and this

So if the bodies were tested and they did not perform to the specs desired, are the bodies being sold on Ebay no good? I have seen some pics of completed guns with these bodies and am wondering if the owners are having any problems ? His reply seems to me to be a good copout that only provides more problems for the people that did get a body.

Christian is not of sufficient technical expertise to determine if anything "works" or not.