Thread: automag "short Stroking"

automag "short Stroking"

Arlight so i have my classic left feed Agd automag. i tend to shoot much faster than the gun wants me too because it kinda leaks when i go to fast.Its doesnt have a level 10bolt in it. any tips on how to shoot pretty fast without that?

Just make sure you pull the trigger all the way forward and release it every time... really a classic with (I'm assuming) a single trigger frame is good between 8-10 bps. When you get around 15, which is probably a double trigger/ other mods to on off etc, then you start to get shoot down with it... where the valve doesn't recharge fast enough and shots don't go as far.

Back when I first got my mag I found a stiff actioned click pen and would sit and just click it.

I also used my middle finger and not my pointer. Just something with the ergonomics of the hand made me able to shoot faster with the middle???

Quote Originally Posted by luky View Post
    Arlight so i have my classic left feed Agd automag. i tend to shoot much faster than the gun wants me too because it kinda leaks when i go to fast.Its doesnt have a level 10bolt in it. any tips on how to shoot pretty fast without that?
    like this guy before me said, you arnt shooting fast your arnt shooting right. so you are shooting short stroke, all the way pull all the way release, you are a slower shooter then you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Just make sure you pull the trigger all the way forward and release it every time... really a classic with (I'm assuming) a single trigger frame is good between 8-10 bps. When you get around 15, which is probably a double trigger/ other mods to on off etc, then you start to get shoot down with it... where the valve doesn't recharge fast enough and shots don't go as far.

Back when I first got my mag I found a stiff actioned click pen and would sit and just click it.

I also used my middle finger and not my pointer. Just something with the ergonomics of the hand made me able to shoot faster with the middle???
    you should never get shoot down, wit compressed air, with co2 sure.

athomas should chime in soon

get a L10 and even if you short stroke it, you won't have any problems. simple as that.

but, what is this leak and where is it at?

I think he's referring to the "leak" as when you short stroke it and the gun sounds like its slowly dying.... same thing as a "chuff " when speaking about lvl 10 issues.

I really think its just an issue with the way you pull the trigger, its firm, crisp and breaks toward the end (with the stock frame). Its like picking up a cocker for the first time and chopping the second ball in the Hopper, it takes some getting used to.

The only things really to check with a stock setup is your gap on the trigger rod (should be able to fit a credit card between the trigger and rod) and make sure the on off is well lubed.

You wanna go faster you gotta start dropping $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... OK maybe just this much $$$