Thread: Fully pneumatic production marker?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Also, a fully pneumatic frame can't be capped, nor could it have competed in the unlimited BPS wars that ensued over the past 10+ years. I would venture a guess that fully pneumatic systems would also simply be too complex for most 13 year olds wanting to spray 25bps right out of the box.
    Add rate of fire to your criteria. When you say "nor could it have competed", do mean they were not capable or not allowed? Pneus do take a lot of effort to run in the teens, but for RT's that's cruising altitude.

There was some discussion about GoG trying to use a double trigger on the enmy. The vibe and enmy rate of fire goes along with the "soft" bolt stroke and low pressure. They are strangely unlike an ion, in that there is not a lot you can do to them practically as modifications.

The nice part about electronics is that you can use the same marker as the players and insurance companies change their minds. Sometimes they want a hard rate limit, or you can't play with that particular marker. If I tune a mechanical marker to be capable of 14 bps, I may be out of luck even though it doesn't have an LPR. On the other hand, you can build 10,000 electronic boards, connect them to off-the-shelf solenoids for pretty cheap, and still be confident that you can cap the ROF where you want. Can you imagine the mess if you wanted to ship 10,000 Tippmann F/As?

My RTs liked 15 bps pretty well. As it is, I have to be careful with my RT setups to stay below 13 bps. At least the chronographs are pretty good with rate measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Add rate of fire to your criteria. When you say "nor could it have competed", do mean they were not capable or not allowed? Pneus do take a lot of effort to run in the teens, but for RT's that's cruising altitude.
    I'm saying its not possible for the average Joe to acheive much above 12bps with a strictly pneumatic frame and would have gotten lost in the shuffle with electros putting out 20bps+. Since I'm not talking about Mags here, RTing doesnt enter into the discussion.

Also not debating need for excessive high ROF, just stating a fact that in a competition for ROF, an Electro is going to win every time.

I'm saying its not possible for the average Joe to acheive much above 12bps with a strictly pneumatic frame and would have gotten lost in the shuffle with electros putting out 20bps+. Since I'm not talking about Mags here, RTing doesnt enter into the discussion.

Also not debating need for excessive high ROF, just stating a fact that in a competition for ROF, an Electro is going to win every time.
    So if you had a production pneumatic marker, how fast do you want it to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    So if you had a production pneumatic marker, how fast do you want it to shoot?
    ? Speed would be determined by the ability of the shooter of course. It just needs to be walkable. Easily.

so... 30bps?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    so... 30bps?
    On a strictly pneumatic marker? That would be absurd.

On a strictly pneumatic marker? That would be absurd.
    Lol, yes it is. Those would be some pretty quick fingers. Ive hit twenty in uncapped semi, but no way could I sustain that. I can't imagine anyone hitting 30 much else even coming close to sustaining a rate like that. We are talking a pneu, no RT or batteries.