Thread: Angel threads (detents)

Question Angel threads (detents)

Just got my XMT ULE RT body. It's the first AL body I've purchased that did not come with detents. Can anyone tell me if there is a thread difference between the "pre-2005" angel dentents and the "LED/LCD/iR3" detents?

~Thanks

i think so, but i need to know also

I would imagine that pre2005 would include the led/LCD/ir3. They were all made pre2005.

I bought my detents from AGD, I stalled them tonight in my new body.

I could be wrong, but I think the threads are the same. Meaning they will all work. I believe the later detents were only "improved". Delrin or some form of plastic or polymer was used in the later style. Again, could be way off.

so agd one are the same as angel? this is from a buddy who is the next best thing from a WDP master tech

Well, there could be, it depends. The 03/04 Speed and A4 are both "pre-2005", and they use their own detents that are different from the LED/LCD/IR3 and from the A4 Fly and newer. However, the term "pre-2005" is pretty broad, so the person could be referring to LED/LCD/IR3 detents as well. You can tell by looking at a picture of what's being described. LED/LCD/IR3 detents are a single-piece unit with the ball insert built in. The 03/04 Speed/A4 are a 3 piece unit with the ball insert and spring being replaceable and fitting inside a round cap. Any of the detents newer than the A4 are just a ball insert and spring that fits underneath the eye cover plate.

the detents are different between the angel models/years...but he threads are the same. thats what the guy from fixmyangel.com said.

Sweet. Thanks All.

anyone decide whats a good detent?

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    anyone decide whats a good detent?
    The stock detents always work well for me and are comparatively cheap. The Kila detents are great, but at $35/set they should be.

my mag crushed the ULE stock detent last weekend... any one else had the same issue? it wasnt all the way in tight or flush to evade this same problem...

The détents come with two sizes of orings. Sounds like you needed to space yours out some. The détents do fail eventually though as they are a consumable. I usually keep a bag of them in my parts kit.

I seem to recall "angel" detentes being their own threading for a while, but at one point were the same as 'cocker detents, and most recently were a "finger" style detentes like an Ego or Intimidator.... I don't remember when though

Anyhow I've got the last ULE style detente you'll ever use if you want it PGOP. It's rebuildable too, not that you'll ever have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Anyhow I've got the last ULE style detente you'll ever use if you want it PGOP. It's rebuildable too, not that you'll ever have to.
    Just out of curiosity, which detent would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I seem to recall "angel" detentes being their own threading for a while, but at one point were the same as 'cocker detents, and most recently were a "finger" style detentes like an Ego or Intimidator.... I don't remember when though

Sorry I missed this while on vacation. I ended up just ordering some from CP. Not psyched about the quality. I got 4. One had the wrong threads (or just poorly cut I can't tell) and another was missing the o-ring, internals, and gave me a chemical burn on my thumb when I picked it up.

with the stock detentes, do i have to adjust them and is it hard to do? where are the agd ones at? whats a good set on the angel side?
    Last edited by RT Lover; 08-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.

These are the detents that I use, although I have no idea what brand they are. My local pro-shop doesn't know, and the owner sells them out of a clear plastic baggy, that came out of a cardboard box full of pre-2005 Angel parts...

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  31.8 KB Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    These are the detents that I use, although I have no idea what brand they are. My local pro-shop doesn't know, and the owner sells them out of a clear plastic baggy, that came out of a cardboard box full of pre-2005 Angel parts...

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  31.8 KB Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  36.4 KB
    Those are System X detents.

i was looking at the killa detents..... they want to know what body you have? emag, xmag, dallara...etc does it matter?

thanks for the info GH!

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    i was looking at the killa detents..... they want to know what body you have? emag, xmag, dallara...etc does it matter?

thanks for the info GH!
    No.... Only exceptions, some Dallara bodies had AC detents as did the PTP MM2K9. All AGD factory bodies had/have Angel detents.