Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Piece Body

41 42.71%
  • Two Piece Body

57 59.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW!!! Carbon Fiber XULE Bodies!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    what is the ballpark cost on these?
    Its too early to say...more than a regular RT or MM ULE That i make....but no a lot more. The carbon fiber material is aprox 3 times more expensive than aluminum to purchase and it really beats the hell out of my carbide tools. Plus its more time consuming to make with the added pieces.

[QUOTE=luke;2848157]I'm pretty sure that is the most interesting thing I've seen here on AO in many years! Well done. I would love to see the breach parts.

Thanks for the compliment! Its cold as hell in michigan so i have been living in the shop for the last few weeks...nothing really else to do. Finally getting this acid red emag to how i envisioned it a decade ago.

Luke....unfortunately i put red loctite on the feedneck adapter block screws. The internal aluminum breech insert is glued to the carbon fiber using a very special/expensive aircraft adhesive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    Testing today went great. I cycled my emag in full auto aprox 3000 times and shot a full case of paint thru each body after that....no problems or ball breaks!

The next phase of testing is to turn these over to my local automag friend....Hes destructive and will test them to their limits.

I really love the look of the one piece carbon fiber body....I will be getting the feedneck adapter block anodized red.

Can you guys spot anything else on my gun thats a prototype beside the body?!! I was feed up with the crap on the market so i took it upon myself to make something quality.

Custom air line fittings?

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    Custom air line fittings?
    YES!!! They took an insane amount of time to design and make. the prototype shown on my gun are made from 7075 aluminum and titanium. They are swivel fittings

YES!!! They took an insane amount of time to design and make. the prototype shown on my gun are made from 7075 aluminum and titanium. They are swivel fittings
    They look great. How are the tightened down? Any plans to make them compatible with macroline?

The one piece body looks so sick. I'll definitely pick one up if you make them.

Wow!!

That single piece is frickin sweet!

If you can do a warp left version I am definitely in for one... maybe even two (depending on budget)

Very Nice Work!

I have the same question as TyeStick, would you be able to produce a CF pariah body? I would be happy to send you my pariah body if you needed a model for measurements on the front cut. Thx Joseph.

KNM....you still thinking about hiring me to make you slugs and rail blanks? Awesome!!!
    I would love to sell you 6 carbon bodies!!!
    I have to design a body and rail first.
    just ironing out my 3D printed emag packs along with getting the files ready for the triple mag, so you can finish those parts.
    the bodies I have to find a home for on a mag before I can buy them.

I didn't vote in the poll because although I really want to like them (to get into the 21st century, at least), I just can't get myself to like vert feed bodies; I like how they look, I just can't get comfortable using one, and I wasn't a huge fan of the warp or a qloader when I had a chance to try one out

Regarding the fittings and macroline, unless I'm missing something looking at the picture, I think part of the point was to integrate the quick connect male fitting - for stainless line - into the elbow.

Without the swivel functionality (and the associated headaches from random little parts/orings), it would be awesome to see a basic stainless one-piece 90 degree elbow, NPT on one end, quick connect on the other. If you can't tell, I'm kind of about things designed to be rock-simple and last forever; one of the traits that got me in to mags in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I didn't vote in the poll because although I really want to like them (to get into the 21st century, at least), I just can't get myself to like vert feed bodies; I like how they look, I just can't get comfortable using one, and I wasn't a huge fan of the warp or a qloader when I had a chance to try one out

Regarding the fittings and macroline, unless I'm missing something looking at the picture, I think part of the point was to integrate the quick connect male fitting - for stainless line - into the elbow.

Without the swivel functionality (and the associated headaches from random little parts/orings), it would be awesome to see a basic stainless one-piece 90 degree elbow, NPT on one end, quick connect on the other. If you can't tell, I'm kind of about things designed to be rock-simple and last forever; one of the traits that got me in to mags in the first place.
    My response to your neg liking on vert feed bodies is to hire me to make you a custom one that feeds from an angle. When i get into production i could do that for you...would cost more though.

My response to your neg liking on vert feed bodies is to hire me to make you a custom one that feeds from an angle. When i get into production i could do that for you...would cost more though.
    As to not clutter up the thread, I'll PM when I get some time in the next couple days; I'll have to try to dig up some old PMs we exchanged a while back. In the mean time, please tell us more about those sweet custom air fittings! I also remember mention in a thread a while back that you've made yourself titanium x-valve parts (back cap showing?), and I might imagine by now you've made an aluminum (or titanium?) replacement tip for that stock crownpoint?

They both 'look' great. I am quite interested in these. I almost like the 2 piece better however. It would be cool to swap the fronts for a different look.
    I think the 2piece would be easier to keep clean, but might be harder to match with some custom ano jobs if that's what people have planned.
    You mentioned that the one piece feed neck could be easily replaced if threads got damaged or could be offered in different type of threads. Could the same not be offered in a new breech for the 2 piece at a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler View Post
    It would be cool to swap the fronts for a different look.
    remember the pieces are epoxied or glued in place. you don't want them to be able to be removed easily.
    unless xmt can mill and kind of twist locking so they twist lock on and stay. but then again that's more money people would have to spend to buy.
    not many people just have money to spend.

I guess I didn't consider how they are assembled. I think I may have read his OP wrong, I thought they could be easily changed

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler View Post
    I guess I didn't consider how they are assembled. I think I may have read his OP wrong, I thought they could be easily changed
    The back tube will be glued on for safety but the front tube can be changed. Once you tighten the body down to the rail they will not move.

The thing that breaks the aesthetics for me on the single piece body is how the feed neck sits little higher and that its attachment is angular when everything else in the body is rounded and flowing. That's why I voted for the two piece body.
    I wonder would it be possible to make it lower profile and more flowing if it used something like empire sniper feedneck?

Having said that, I do appreciate the aesthetics of the rest of the body quite much. And the ingenuity of getting the breach to fit and work inside CF tube is just marvelous!

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror;2848206

Can you guys spot anything else on my gun thats a prototype beside the body?!! I was feed up with the crap on the market so i took it upon myself to make something quality.

[IMG
    http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x291/bridgemach90/IMG_20140101_161808_zpsdbbi6qeh.jpg[/IMG]
    90* air fittings

I'd be interested in either body, but also in those fittings

The fittings will be avail this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Stedspitcher View Post
    Very Nice Work!

I have the same question as TyeStick, would you be able to produce a CF pariah body? I would be happy to send you my pariah body if you needed a model for measurements on the front cut. Thx Joseph.
    Thats just a body thats the same length as an AM/MM rail with a slight angle on the front? If so,yes thats no problem

The fittings will be avail this spring.
    Do these fittings swivel freely while pressurized?

I've had an adjustable/folding tank mount idea floating around in my head for a few years... needs a swiveling air fitting though.

Yes...and they swivel butter smooooooth! LOL

Perfect!

Then count me in for a couple sets. Will you be doing a pre-order for them?

Are they tested for 3000psi.?

They will be rated at 1K PSI..........I have tested them to 7.5PSI with no problems. These are not for the High pressure side of a tank.

Can you do a nice short version of the body (classic length) as well? Seems a shame to buy something for ultimate lightness, only to have a big chunk of additional body overhanging the front adding weight

My vote is for the two piece, the ability to swap pieces out is nice. The fittings look great too, makes me want to ask if my deposit for the Phoenix body can go towards this instead.

They will be rated at 1K PSI..........I have tested them to 7.5PSI with no problems. These are not for the High pressure side of a tank.
    I am not impressed by 7.5 PSI...

CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

The back tube will be glued on for safety but the front tube can be changed. Once you tighten the body down to the rail they will not move.
    perfect.