Thread: I'm sure even AO can appreciate this...

I'm sure even AO can appreciate this...

I was talking with a cocker friend of mine about getting one after I finish the Karta. Sort of a yin yang thing. I love my Empire Sniper and when I first held it thought it had awesome ergonimcs and wished they had a mech version of it. Well... taken from PBN.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3942409&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by TargetIndy View Post
    Empire has announced the resurrection of a classic paintball marker--the Autococker! The Resurrection features a full barrel kit, redesigned pnuematics, and a slide trigger.

im actually kinda disappointed by this. simon had a running subforum on the gun and this was really what was in the works? why would he need a subform called "the ubercocker" if he was just going to make this.

that being said, if its as price competitive as the sniper was, should be a great way to get people back into mech guns.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

56k beware .... I'm a little bit confused, why do we need to re-release the autococker again?

4g net phone beware!!!!

I still love my brother in laws 96 autococker. Remember the looks on the field from the walkons when we would all play. Them guns just had a look and sound about them as they functioned that no other gun could compare to. That said. There are a million cockers floating around out there. And like everything else from the past. New players won't respect what they are and were. They are not some fancy electro that boasts blah blah blah. I can't see them selling well. And no little kid has any business with a gun as complex as an autococker. That's actually why I got my first classic mag.... and have used mags ever sense.

I kinda like it. Wonder how interchangeable it will be with older versions?

Anybody who has an Empire Sniper and wants an Empire Cocker should buy a Karnivor front block

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    im actually kinda disappointed by this. simon had a running subforum on the gun and this was really what was in the works? why would he need a subform called "the ubercocker" if he was just going to make this.
    I was under the impression it was a personal project too???

Peanut butter Jelly Time!

Me like!

Too bad its on a pre order till June 1st @ $550...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I was under the impression it was a personal project too???
    i think the personal project is still alive - this would be something im sure the suits said make it happen, so Simon did it as simple as he possibly could with the already machined parts they had available.

That being said - I would shoot one, I think its a nice looking package.

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

I like it. A lot, actually. Just needs a few things from PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Me like!

Too bad its on a pre order till June 1st @ $550...
    I am sure that by Sept/Oct you will be able to get one used for sub $300 once a bunch of little agg kiddies get their hands on them and screw with the reg pressures or mess up the timing or what have you.

My first marker was a cocker. Boy was that an experience. Like learning Voodoo on the fly. However I never saw the cocker as an inferior marker to anything else, so long as it was set-up appropriately. I don't see why this would take-off now. I mean, a couple years ago half-blocks and mid-blocks were the cocker rage, but I have a few PTP microcockers that are well designed as anything out there and perform great in experienced hands. I take great joy in eliminating an opponent with a marker older than them and then hear them complain about my guns "settings" I say good luck to the Autococker family. Otherwise, then 10 or so I own would haunt me in my sleep

It doesn't look like the older frames or front blocks would work on this. Why change so much? Hel even the SR's had more interchangeability to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    It doesn't look like the older frames or front blocks would work on this. Why change so much? Hel even the SR's had more interchangeability to them.
    Any Autococker frame will work, and it accepts Karnivor front blocks (which are non-traditional to say the least).

WGP was bought by K2, which was bought by NPS, who merged with PMI to form KEE. KEE is now focusing on developing Empire into a legitimate competitor to DYE, Eclipse and Bob Long, as well as recycling and developing the IP that they picked up from the Smart Parts auction and other mergers and acquisitions over the years (hence the new Luxe Vanquish)

Being that the Karnivor was the last "WGP" Autococker before the K2 buyout in 2004, before the 2k5 spec unibody midblocks with the 11/16 valve, it makes sense that they would use it in reviving the Autococker and Sniper platforms. If only it took a real front block...