Thread: Michigan Automag Owners.

Michigan Automag Owners.

Any of you fellow Michigan Automag Owners going to be attending this years Michigan Monster Game at Hells Survivors?

Im a former mag owner, but we are opting for LL7 this year instead of Monster Game. Monster Game has been kind of stagnant for years. Vendors area is weak, player turnout is weak, no more troop transports, no more swap meet tent. It's just not that enjoyable of an event for most of us that have been going since it's inception.
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

not going to the Monster Game but we are going to Global Conquest this year in place of TWC. Destroying the Tippmann team 2 years in a row meant there was not enough challenge to the event.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

The walk for this field kills me. Most of the action always seems to be concentrated at the back half of the field and is like 1/4 mile+ walk back to the reinsertion. I haven't been in a couple of years, but the last Day of the Rangers scenario that I went to had an ok showing for the first day, but so many people bugged out the second day due to rain that they called it off. Think they need to figure out some way of mixing it up a little.

Depending on weather, I may be attending their St Patrick's day game on March 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore View Post
    Im a former mag owner, but we are opting for LL7 this year instead of Monster Game. Monster Game has been kind of stagnant for years. Vendors area is weak, player turnout is weak, no more troop transports, no more swap meet tent. It's just not that enjoyable of an event for most of us that have been going since it's inception.
    Yea, I remember there being just tons of vendors at this event. I've been to every Monster Game since 2002. As far as the troop transports go, it sucks they don't have access to the military trucks anymore. Last year they did have tractors pulling flatbeds that took players to the back part of the field. Regardless I will be there again this year. If anyone wants to stop by and hang out or say hey I'll be at campsite 25. Hopefully the rain holds off this year.

I might depends on my funds closer to the game, going to ll7

I'm looking forward to the game this year. It's going to be different as I'm going with a new group of friends. last year one of the guys in my old group got kicked out of the Best Western In Howell. He Literally almost got into a fist fight with the owner. So don't need that sort of drama this year lol.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the game this year. It's going to be different as I'm going with a new group of friends. last year one of the guys in my old group got kicked out of the Best Western In Howell. He Literally almost got into a fist fight with the owner. So don't need that sort of drama this year lol.
    really? The owner is one of the most laid back people I ever met. Between us and the Northern Gunmen we had all our room furniture in the parking lot drinking and carrying on. He did not say one thing to us.

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    really? The owner is one of the most laid back people I ever met. Between us and the Northern Gunmen we had all our room furniture in the parking lot drinking and carrying on. He did not say one thing to us.
    Yea it was pretty ridiculous. I Was not having any fun given all of the rain the first day, coming back to the hotel with no power, and then when that fight happened I damn near packed up my gear bag and jumped into my truck for the 2.5 hour drive home. I was thinking, "so much for my vacation!" lol

Should be there. Usually hit GC and MG, but have missed MG last two years. It really has been becoming stagnant though. I been taking my boys there since 2005. My first game there was MG in 1999 when I took my nephews, and it really eclipses what it has become.

Hoping to make LL7 with my son this year.

Quote Originally Posted by fierymartel View Post
    Should be there. Usually hit GC and MG, but have missed MG last two years. It really has been becoming stagnant though. I been taking my boys there since 2005. My first game there was MG in 1999 when I took my nephews, and it really eclipses what it has become.
    I didn't want to turn this into a HSI bashing thread but I agree, it used to be huge back then with tons of vendors. Now-a-days the amount of money they charge vendors to show up is a bit crazy and not many can or want to fork out that kind of cash. I honestly believe a big reason in the decline was not the economy (hell in 2004 they had 4k players at the event!)but rather the switch to field paint only. Once they went to field paint only we started seeing this decline in players. ( that and the fact that they charge you to fill Co2 now.)

On a side note looking at the pre-registration form on their site they raised the price of Paint to $60 a case. That was the cost of paint if you bought it the day of the event last year. However, the price of their Campsites have gone down quite a bit.
    Last edited by steve_81; 03-02-2014 at 08:29 AM.