Thread: Help with my twist lock Question!!!! please

Exclamation Help with my twist lock Question!!!! please

so i have twist locks that are powerfeed left twist and i also have powerfeed right twist.
    different pathings.
    examples:first two are both left and right one on the right is just one of them.

just to start im not asking to get anyones cads or toolpathing for this.
    but...
    has anyone been able to mill a new path into their non-center feed twistlock barrels so that they work with center feed bodies?

the reason i ask is because i have some freak twistlock backs that i would like to get center feed twist lock path put on them.

**i know i can just buy some centerfeed twistlock barrels, ill leave them as my last option.

if you have seen what im asking done, or have had it done, or can lead me to an example of this being done please let me know.

thankyou,
    KNM.

I have couple of center feed barrels, I will look at the grooves on those. I have couple other barrels that are left feed, but have a second unfinished groove. The second groove stops right before the edge of the barrel.

Have you run this by luke? I would think this would be cake walk for him.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    I have couple of center feed barrels, I will look at the grooves on those. I have couple other barrels that are left feed, but have a second unfinished groove. The second groove stops right before the edge of the barrel.

Have you run this by luke? I would think this would be cake walk for him.
    yeah, i would go to luke,
    but im not looking to pay to get this done.
    i have a buddy who can do it here in San Diego.

im just looking for confirmation and proof that it can or has been done.

dont get me wrong, i may go the easy route like always do and pay luke to do it for me if he can.

I've done this with a drill, just don't drill too deep.
    Another less permanent option is to double up or use thicker barrel orings. The tight fit alone may be enough to prevent unintentional twisting.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG View Post
    I've done this with a drill, just don't drill too deep.
    Another less permanent option is to double up or use thicker barrel orings. The tight fit alone may be enough to prevent unintentional twisting.
    ok so when you drilled, did you end up making a path into another path that was already there.
    or your own path.

the reason i ask is when i look at the the only way to get it to work is if i make a path into another already existing path.

lmk

thanks,
    KNM.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    ok so when you drilled, did you end up making a path into another path that was already there.
    or your own path.

the reason i ask is when i look at the the only way to get it to work is if i make a path into another already existing path.

lmk

thanks,
    KNM.
    Drilled into an existing path. Put the barrel into the body w/ the feed centered. Turn the body over and mark the barrel @ the center of the twist lock hole.
    You only need a little divot, not a hole. You could also adjust the tension of the twist lock pin to hold the barrel better in your new position.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG View Post
    Drilled into an existing path. Put the barrel into the body w/ the feed centered. Turn the body over and mark the barrel @ the center of the twist lock hole.
    You only need a little divot, not a hole. You could also adjust the tension of the twist lock pin to hold the barrel better in your new position.
    What this guy just said. You can also use a ball head dremel bit.

If the barrel is a little loose in the body, put a piece of tape under both the barrel orings and it will give it a snugger fit.

Ya. If you go too deep you'll still be fine but you'll have to remove the guts from your barrel keeper every time to get your barrel off. If you do it right you should hear the click for center feed and should still be able to move left or right for the standard feeds.
    Last edited by Ando; 01-20-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Can someone upload a picture of this? I am going to do this myself soon, and all the info I can get is helpful. Also has anyone ever drilled the body and moved the twist lock pin instead?

You can use a filler like Quksteel to prevent the barrel from rotating past yer new dimple.

photo 2013-04-14172408.jpg
     photo 2013-04-14172429.jpg