Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet The Family

Meet The Family

Well I cant leave well enough alone and everytime I think I'm done with a build I change something.

So this is a place where I'm going to keep everything up to date and yadda.

So lets start here... The BEAST Ver 3.0
    Unfortunatly I have lost all pictures of the progress of the beast through the years but it was epic and had quiote the reputation on here...

here's the only picture I have left:

and since then I've taken an 8 year break and came back herd.

here are my mags as of now. they are both projects and are always changing, there is no specs for them as they change daily as I tinker.

in the pictures though you will see 2 classics, one with a benchy 2 finger, classic body and the other with a beat up ULE body that I've yet to repair and one of the 2 auto-response frames I have

both with chain foregrips I got bored and made. I like the shorter one better

-
    -
    -
    -
    -

Been changing some stuff around, doing this and that, got a couple parts in and have built up my warp fed mag again... been 9 years since this warp has spun and after a little TLC its up and spinning.

O and a little teaser
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 08-27-2012 at 11:04 PM.

New update: 10/30/12
    this is my main mag as it sits, still have some modification I want to do to the body. the front foregrip is exactly how I want it... minus the fact that that its steel and not aluminum, havnt found aluminum chain yet so i'll be making the chain from scratch. I'm trying out different drops to get the feel I want and I have no clue what I want to do for the frame yet as I'm basing my decision on what luke mills out.

also the anno i'm planning is going to be all gloss black with a lime green spash

Last edited by BTAutoMag; 10-30-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    Reserved
    Yup

hey does the mag in the second picture with the milling in the body.
    does that effect any thing?

I shot about 400 balls through that body today to try out my APEX 2 with no problems, I dont like how it looks though and it will be repaired. looking to get something like that carbon body mod done or just re-sleave the whole body in aluminum

I should probably add in that you minght be seeing a bullpup-mag comming soon

I shot about 400 balls through that body today to try out my APEX 2 with no problems, I dont like how it looks though and it will be repaired. looking to get something like that carbon body mod done or just re-sleave the whole body in aluminum

I should probably add in that you minght be seeing a bullpup-mag comming soon
    ooh if you do the cf mod. do it to the front and the back of the body. i know you can thread cf tube. that would be F*in sweet. i wanted to see if i could get it done. but well i didnt.

I just dont have the tube and I dont want to spend a ridiculoous amount on something like that. I was trying to buy a small section off of warpedmephisto but he so far hasnt answered any or my PMS

well he answered my PM but hasnt answered my reply... until then its still a project body but still changing

updated. seasons over, am sad

updated. seasons over, am sad
    Fair weather baller

My main is getting a complete overhaul... doing alot of after hours work in the machine shop for various bits.

body is done minus ano.

got some fun parts in

slightly updated my backup gun

and ill post my wifes gun as well.

just waiting on some tuna parts

should be here soon

Need some serious opinions on the foregrip. the gun is so comfortable to hold but yea... something is just off about the chain

IMO , I would change the rail to a am/mm rail versus the emag length rail you have giving it a more compact look.The body and frame are awesome , I would cut the body for it to fit flush with a am/mm rail. If keeping the emag length rail yeah the chain link doesn't flow with the other parts. Hope you take constructive Criticism ok, if not sorry in advance.

i wouldnt use the chain, but im more for comfort.
    but it does have that hey look at me kind aspect.

weld some aluminum chain up and anodize your gun a nice color scheme and bam,

i like it over all though.

Frankly if you are going with a CF body then I would go with a CF foregrip.

It will help tie the different elements of the gun together. You already have a competing element with the hive pattern on the grips. It will work out if you tie the other elements all together. You could look into a CF barrel or barrel tip as well. It might accent things nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    Frankly if you are going with a CF body then I would go with a CF foregrip.

It will help tie the different elements of the gun together. You already have a competing element with the hive pattern on the grips. It will work out if you tie the other elements all together. You could look into a CF barrel or barrel tip as well. It might accent things nicely.
    I said the same thing over on PBN ^^^

I think a 15* DW would tie in nicely. I also think a bike grip would go well on it, since that has the honeycomb patter in the grip, it would also be comfortable and you could do 15* or straight for more compact look.

I was thinkibg aboyt the DW 15 grip but I really can't. I've seen to many custom mags with it. Ill spend some quality time with photoshop and ill post some pictures. Ill also post up a good side shot without a foregrip so you guys can photoshop as well. I work in a machine shop... I should be able to come up with something

Get a carbon fiber tube, but rectangular, make some end caps at your shop and bam.... first carbon fiber fake emag battery pack looking gun I was on a site last night with all sorts of carbon fiber shaped tubing.

The link was on pbn

I think one of Lukes Foregrips would look good on this.

this is driving me nuts! its like a life changing decision

id really love to buy just the 4" tube the DW come with and make my own ends

...Actually... I got it... will probably take me a week to make in my free time. prepare yourself

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    this is driving me nuts! its like a life changing decision

id really love to buy just the 4" tube the DW come with and make my own ends
    Ebay, carbon fiber tube all day

well I got everything together. at 750psi this thing RTs like crazy!

made a shooting vid... with a hopper that couldnt keep up with it and an untuned lvl 10. am editing and loading it.

stay tuned for btautomag's soup kitchen

EDIT: windows 8 didnt come loaded with movie maker and cant seem to get the download to work

so am loading the raw video onto youtube and editing from there.
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 04-02-2013 at 10:59 AM.

got it up

PS, I hate youtube's editor

Hmmmm

that is RT'ing like crazy. that is almost too much RT'ing. what on/off pin do you have in it? if its not the input pressure from the tank(though if you have an adjustable tank reg, then that would confirm it, or if you have a super accurate gauge that you put on it to see if the output pressure is at) then it should be either the trigger rod length.