Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL about the WARP-FEED

ALL about the WARP-FEED

ok I'm going to attempt to organize all the info on the warp since most ppl don't go looking at the airgun site. I will fill in anything else I remember later...Please read on through my next couple of posts and feel free to ask any questions or make comments

Warp Manual
    overview
    what you need
    jumpers
    sensor
    run in
    maintenance
    batteries
    feed tube
    hopper
    lefties
    automag bodies

Warp detailed view

Intellifeed to Warp Interface

Hopper Mods for Warp Feed

12v mod

Warp to Angel Interface

PTP 12v drop-in kit

warp mod pricing.
    by popular demand.
    here are my prices.

on/off - $10
    big cell - $15
    on/off w/ bigcell - $20 <--All you need and what I recommend.
    12v mod - $20
    12v w/ on/off - $25
    l.e.d. - add $4
    fix broken warp - case by case basis - pm me.

You MUST also include insured return shipping.
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-30-2014 at 09:45 AM.

The warp is a great way to eliminate hopper hits, that's what it was designed for, the fact that it's fast is a bonus. A 9v warp feeds @ about 16BPS, a 12v around 24.

The warp weighs 1 pound and is well balanced once on the marker. It can feed paint at any angle using it's friction disks, although only in bursts. The warp needs to stay fed to keep the balls moving, once there is not enough balls in the warp, the warp does not have enough mass to throw up the feed hose to the marker. That's why an Electronic hopper(i.e. Revy, Rico, HALO) is recommended to feed your warp. If you outshoot your warp, then you have most likely outshot your hopper.

The warp is easy to maintain and can be mounted on pretty much any marker. The things you need to keep in mind is a good ball stack, fresh batteries, and lubing your friction disks every now and then(you can use a paintball, or oil for this, don't over do it though).

quick reference on jumper settings for different set-ups.
    The right set of jumpers control what activate the warp(see warp manual).

with an Iframe- place a jumper on the top(neg.) pins

with an Emag- place a jumper on the mid(pos.) pins (The connection runs into the center plug on the Emag board with a Emag/warp interface cable found at the Airgun online store)

using the vib. sensor- place a jumper on the bottom(vib.) pins(the spare jumper may be placed in the mid(pos.) pins for storage(it comes like this from the factory).

The set of four jumpers on the left of the board control dwell time(see warp manual) you want to set your dwell time to 1/4 turn, no less.

New Warp's need to be broken in when new(see manual/Runin).

It's not a good idea to use different types of paint in the warp at the same time. Different bore paint won't let the friction disks grip all the paint in the wheel properly and that can lead to the warp not feeding properly.
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 10-13-2002 at 07:05 PM.

The warp friction disks should be straight, avoid leaving paint in the warp when it's not in use, this can make the friction disks spread apart and impair the ability to grip the paint properly. If your friction disks are not straight and have begun to spread apart you can flip them around.

The warp friction disks are spaced for most bore paint. If your having trouble using big bore paint, you can add a friction disk "spacer" or "shim" to space the friction disks further apart. This may give you problems with smaller bore paint though.

As an example I made a stencil out of cardboard from a cereal box.

If you can tell from the pic, I placed the shim between the friction disks to spread them apart a bit.

You can just barely see the shim once the wheel is assembled, the friction disks are now a bit further apart and should help with bigger paint. The thickness or the amount of shims you use depends on the paint. I have personally never had to use this method so the amount you spread the disks apart should be little by little with a lot of testing to make sure you dont go too far.

Some problems you may run into or be familiar with is the hose being to loose and falling off the adaptor or the adaptor falling off the body.

To solve the hose to adaptor fit problem, simply use the big black o'rings supplied with the warp feed and wrap 2-3 around the ends of the hose. This will give a good snug fit. If you don't have the o'rings you can purchase some from the Airgun online store.(you might find some that fit from your local hardware store)

If you want to give the adaptor a snug fit to the body, you can get your hands on some friction tape sold and any hardware store. Simply cut a thin short strip not even long enough to loop the bottom of the powerfeed tube and that should be enough. This can be done so the tape is not seen once the adaptor is on.

Another thing you can do for a great stable hose is run it through your revy, it will not only lock the hose in place but the revy won't fly off either. This method also protects your ballstack from a hit that may either knock your hose off or break a few balls in the hose.

here's a pic of the hose with the rings.
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 09-18-2002 at 04:11 PM.

great thread havoc!
    I was wondering how these would work on a cocker. I heard that the vibration in a cocker would not activate the warp properly.

My girlfriend rides a moped. How cool is that??!!
    Good Traders list : RogueFactor, Langrage, ttoad4000t Old Mag Man, HungSolo, Shocker1050, pumpamatic, hitech, Mossman, Jonno06, Rooster, Grimm1013 |||
    Bad Traders : INFINITYMAG - where is my money!?! he has been banned and now changed to THEBIGUY

Excellent!!!

Originally posted by Polishpickles451
    I was wondering how these would work on a cocker. I heard that the vibration in a cocker would not activate the warp properly.
    There is at least one warp fed cocker at my field. He loves it. I believe he is using the vibration sensor.

BTW, I vote for making this thread a classic.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Yes a cocker can and has been warped plenty of times. The easiest way would be to just use the sensor and play with your sensitivity(the blue dial) till you find a reliable point.

p.s. Thanks guys...
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 09-18-2002 at 04:43 PM.

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    what's with this hose you guys have? Mine is like a big curly spiral... is mine just older stuff? Should I get the newer lookin' stuff you guys have?

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

both hoses will work fine, the grey hose is the older stuff, the black hose is what comes with the newer warps. AGD just started getting thier hose somewhere else.

Exclamation

Awsome! Up for a thread that deserves to be a classic in the Tech forum!

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

hey I got a question

can you used 20 gauge wire to make the warp=intellifeed instead of 22, will it make any difference?

thanx

Richmond

Forest Green Unmilled Viking #475
    (black razor blade and black sticky3s)
    black 14in Powerlyte Scepter Kit
    Black Halo B
    88/45 Centerflag Hyperflow Stub

yes, the wire will be a tad thicker though, so you will have to cut into your grips that much more.

cool thanx man

the 12v mod link doesnt work

the link to the 12 v mod doesnt have any pics or instructions or anything worth while. maybe i am going to the wrong place, but this is where that link takes me:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/...eid=1014171197

Adam
    soon to come:
    minimag w/ intelliframe
    warp
    12v X-board
    2002 AA 12''
    SystemX X10 On/Off Drop
    TKO Gas Through

it's fixed...

are there instructions, because i have no idea how that is supposed to be pu together and what not......

adam

that's as easy as it gets, goto radio shack, buy a 12v regulator you can get that and a toggle switch and follow the diagram. If you'd rather not do it, your local dealer might do it for you.
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 10-16-2002 at 06:08 PM.

Pro-Team Products has made a bunch of these and has them available. They do a nice job and you can just drop one in if you don't want to make one yourself from radio shack parts.

ya thanks for the idea, I put a link up on top...

hey havoc, I am intellifeeding my warp and I was wondering, where in the trigger pull should I have the micro-switch click, is it better earlier in the pull or later in the pull,

thanx

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    I spent three hours making a how-to page on my site for hooking up a switch and using a 9.6 1600maH re-chargeable RC CAR battery pack for powering your warp.. CIO!

http://bellsouthpwp.net/1/b/1badandy/warpmod.htm

Pm me with any errors you find..or if you have problems.. OR..if it's just not understandable.. I may have to re-write it..

hey havoc, I am intellifeeding my warp and I was wondering, where in the trigger pull should I have the micro-switch click, is it better earlier in the pull or later in the pull
    what type of trigger frame do you have? just set up the roller switch like it is in the pics.

I-frame, and hey does AGD do any kinda warranty work on the warps?b/c my is broken and I have no idea what is wrong w/ it

also can the warp function w/ only one of the jumpers?

do you know some one who can fix or does fix warps?

thanx

what exactly is wrong with the warp(whats it doing?) and what have you done to it. Yes, they fix warps(or send it to me and I'll fix it)

how are you running it?(signal pins only need one jumper)

it just doesn't do anything at all, It will not spin, I have it set up for intellifeed and it doesn't work either,

could you fix it for me, I will pay you like 10 bucks plus shipping both ways

go ahead and ship it to me, pm me with details.
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 12-21-2002 at 03:55 AM.

how do you mount this on a gun? I've been thinking about getting one someday, but I want to know all the details. And will this make my gun really unbalanced?