Thread: Tournament jersey restrictions?

Tournament jersey restrictions?

Is it true that some tourneys wont let you wear jerseys that are TOO big and floppy? Also what's the current stance on numbers/names on the backs?

I checked the NPPL rules and don't see anything in there about either of these.
    My Trader Feedback
    It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint. - gimp

Millenium has just stated that padded jerseys will not be allowed.
    Check out Dye's latest jersey

ANd the latest rule changes:

Millennium Series 2003 Player Information
    Millennium Series 2003 Player Information

The Millennium Series has announced the following:

Entries

Pro 1250 Euros
    Am A 1000 Euros
    AM B 900 Euros
    Novice 700 Euros

Pro will receive Prize Money to 4th place at Each Event

Am A and AM B will receive Prize vouchers to 4th at the end of each tournament.
    Top 8 at end of series will receive Prize Vouchers

Novice will receive trophies at each event. Teams can only play 2 events as Novice and consequently there are no Series Prizes.

Marshalling

• Marshalling points in 2003 will be reduced to 200, the same points as a 1st place. This will ensure consistent seeding through the season. Points will be awarded after the events judged.
    • European Pro teams are obliged to marshal at least one event. Any Pro teams refusing to marshal will have to play as AM A
    • Pro, Amateur A and Amateur B teams wanting to marshal a particular event must contact Karlijn, Marshalling Coordinator before February 15th at karlijn@forceofnature.com.
    • Highest Ranking teams will be given priority. At the end of February all events have to be sorted out and approved.
    • At the events marshals will be obliged to register and report each day to the Marshalling Coordinator.

Registration

We will continue to use the Millennium ID Cards. This year they will also have a value in Hotel, Flight, Car hire and other valuable discounts for all cardholders.

• Teams will be able to pre-register at the Millennium Series website. In the next two weeks the website will have a relevant form . Discounts will be given for pre-registering.
    • Teams registered at the Millennium Series, can use that subscription also in the
    NPPL Super 7, they do not need to purchase a NPPL ID-card. Also the NPPL Card can be used in the Millennium Series.

Cards will be priced as follows.
    Per Season
    PRO, Am A & AM B 30 Euros (£20)
    Novice 20 Euros (£13.50)
    Lost cards and Transfers 15 Euros (£10)

Cards will be worn by players at all times on a lanyard. They will be unable to play without a visible card. Cards will be checked by the marshals before entering the field.

Rules

The Millennium Rulebook has been adopted as the Standard Rulebook worldwide. The NPPL Super 7 rules have adopted the Millennium Series rules.
    A rules commissioner will oversee the updating and re-writing the rules in consultation with the Ultimate Judge. To all rules common sense will be applied.

Immediate Rule Changes for the 2003 Season

 You are not allowed to play with jerseys with padding sewn into the shoulders and only a single layer of padding is allowed on the elbow.
     Transfers and Moving divisions A player can move as many times as he wants inside his own division. Outside the division the player can move UP as many times as he wants. If the player has moved down once, he cannot move up or down again, he will have to stay in that division for the rest of the season.
     Rule number 8.3.2 will be deleted.
     Rule on “player damages barricade on purpose” will be deleted.
     Shooting through a barricade: if there is a hole through which you can be shot, you can shoot through it. You cannot move the barricade up and create a hole or lift the barricade to shoot underneath it.
     Mistakes on score sheets: Obvious mistakes made on the score sheets can be adjusted by the Ultimate Judge, after liaison with both team captains. Example: Scores swapped between the two teams.
     Teams will not be allowed to stage outside the players tent. Not in the vendor area nor in the sponsors’ space.
     The score for “no show” will be the average of the games played against teams in the division of the “no show” team or 90. Whichever is highest.
     Marshalling teams will be sanctioned if they do not meet up with the requirements asked. They get one official warning from the Ultimate Judge before they can be sanctioned.
     The highest four scores will count for the Overall ranking.

THE FINALS

There will be a new format for the finals but not the semi finals.
    Team 1 plays team 4. Team 2 plays team 3. Both over the best of three games. If one team wins the first two games the third will not be played.
    The Winner from 1 v 4 will play the winner of 2 v 3 for 1st and 2nd position and the teams who have lost compete for 3rd and 4th place still in a best of 3 competition. This will increase the number of games played from 3 to between four and six.

Millennium Nations X-ball Cup

Europe will have an X-ball exhibition in the form of the Nations Cup.

Priority will go to those countries with a significant player base and also those with high ranking but proposals are welcome from all countries.

The highest ranked team’s captain will select a National team out of at least three other teams that have entered the Millennium Series.
    The only fee required will be to meet part of the costs met by the promoters to host such an event. This will come down to 3000 euros per team per year. The roster can hold up to 12 players. Captains are welcome to approach sponsors to meet the costs of participation.

Each team plays 4 games each Millennium event. These games will be held after the “regular” games have been played. Each event one X-ball team will marshal.
    Not only will this give Europe a chance to experience X-ball, it will also give all players a chance to get picked for the team representing their country.

For questions or comments please contact the administrative staff of the Millennium Series: karlijn@forceofnature.com

Karlijn
    Adminitrator
    Millennium Series

Interesting stuff!

Paul.
    www.alphapaintball.co.uk
    UK Distributor for AKA
    All questions or queries
    mail me here

Improve your game Click here for PGI And WPG 2003

I've heard thats true in a lot of cases ... also includes pants because the extreme baggyness can cause a "cushion" for the pant and it can unfairly bounce off.

Sincerely,
    Dave K
    Its a wakeup call for the Nintendo generation
    GregHastingsPaintball 3 is coming

crap..

me and my buds were looking at getting those new dye for our team

woohoo I'm the spokesperson for padded jersies! lol

I'm wearing my dye arm pads underneath so I look even more "cushy"

me and my buds were looking at getting those new dye for our team
    I don't think you have to worry about it unless you're playing the millenium series

Ah, but how long before the NPPL/PSP/X-Ball/Whatever rules are changed too? After all the Millennium series does tend to set precedent

P.s Cap, don't you play with a Hopper anymore? Or it the new 'Pro lo-profile' look?
    London Tigers AM

Sponsored by:
    CustomSportsGear.com,
    PRO CAPS,
    DraXXuS paintballs,
    V-FORCE,
    The MATRIX Centre,
    MATRIX,
    GENERATION E,
    PURE RUSH PAINTBALL,
    EVO II

www.mayhemtigers.com
    www.purerush.co.uk
    With help from our mates at:
    Smartparts
    Mayhem- Essex

I doubt it'll happen within the year though, the dye jerseys can be changed the following year to accomodate to any new rules..and if they DO change then I don't mind going out with holes on my shoulders and forearms..actually, I do!

Cap, don't you play with a Hopper anymore? Or it the new 'Pro lo-profile' look?
    Keep up G-man! hopperless is the way to play nowadays!

hey clare, i know this is a stupid question and no reason for me to ask it but have u ever played/tried to play with nails on? lol
    RT
    Ace'd Emag (sold)
    Xmag (sold)

FreshmanBob Guest
    Anyone know how the exchange rate for Euros to US dollars? Sounds like some damn good rules.

hey clare, i know this is a stupid question and no reason for me to ask it but have u ever played/tried to play with nails on?
    fingernails? I dont have any! I cut them all off cause I can't stand the feel of long nails so I have ugly manly hands . I'm used to not having nails especially since I play the piano and violin.

Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

Keep up G-man! hopperless is the way to play nowadays!
    Damn it! Anyone want to buy a Ricochet and a HALO?

I'm getting stick feed

ill take that halo of urs

but seriously cap, it looks like u got a poodle in your sleeves!!! thats just monstrous padding!!

it just looks that way, dye gave the team all xxl jersies so its basically a tent when it hangs off of me..the padding on the jerseys is really thin..

it just looks that way, dye gave the team all xxl jersies so its basically a tent when it hangs off of me.
    Good way to sneak another player on the field

any particular reason they didn't send anything smaller?
    ULE X-RT Pro Tunamag
    And yes, it's that good.

Check out my paintball page

any particular reason they didn't send anything smaller?
    that's all they had at the time

I doubt that the PSP will be banning these DYE jerseys any time soon being that they are one of the main sponsors involved with the PSP.

As far as what the Millenium series has decided I'm kind of surprised. I own a '03 DYE jersey and the padding is certainly not thicker than elbow or knee pads.
    One of Deadcell's finest.

so you're not allowed to wear baggy pants? what is the offense if u wear em? this soudns pretty stupid to me.
    and i say...OLE!!!

woohoo I'm the spokesperson for padded jersies! lol

I'm wearing my dye arm pads underneath so I look even more "cushy"

I don't think you have to worry about it unless you're playing the millenium series
    Hope you didn't mind me using that pic Clare? We're discussing the topic over at P8ntballer.com and the pic was used there!

Cheers,

Paul.

.... besides, it is a nice pic

Originally posted by OttO
    so you're not allowed to wear baggy pants? what is the offense if u wear em? this soudns pretty stupid to me.
    Chances are this won't be enforced(the pants, im sure the jersey rule will). It's just too hard to determine whether someone is wearing pants that are "too baggy" or not, the term is too vague, whereas padding on jersies is a clear cut thing.
    Mercenaries Black

yea, that what i'm saying. i thought the hopper sticker rule was enforced all year long until this year's cup:

now if i recall, "one black and white sticker per hopper side."