PDA

View Full Version : Emag or X Valve

slimsunny34
08-29-2003, 01:55 PM
My current setup is an automag classic with pf. I have an intelliframe and an AA barrel and a dz3 with on/off. I will also be running compressed air. I want to upgrade. My question is: Should i just buy an x valve for my current gun? Or should i just sell this one and get an emag? Let me know what you guys prefer and why. Also, what are prices like for used emags? X valves? Thanks in advance.

FistS
08-29-2003, 02:03 PM
hmm.
It really depends on your money situation and what your willing to spend.

The Emag has many things that your classic Mag doesn't, namely the option of E-mode or Manual, and It has centerfeed, also the Emag Valve which is faster that your classic valve a.t.m.

Your best bet, gun wise, would be to sell your classic mag and buy a nice used emag. I've seen them go for around 650-700 on the boards for a basically stock one, but a stock emag /w Level 10 is in itself, a very good gun.

If you can sell your mag, youy wopuld come close to getting around 250-300 for it, and if you have the $$ to buy the emag, go for it.

MicroMiniMe
08-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Emags are always nice. Depends on your style. You'll need a lot of cash still for an Emag thats current unless you buy non-ULE stock.
Non-ULE Emag around $500-600 used possibly.
Valve trade-in for X valve and getting ULE body and new barrels around $400

Eatem Alive
08-29-2003, 02:06 PM
I recently got an x-valve for my micro and it absolutely rips. I can't wait until I get the Intelliframe. I have been unable to outshoot it, it keeps up with me. Plus you don't have to worry about a battery or anything electrical getting wet.

slimsunny34
08-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Do I have to get a ULE body for an x valve? And do Emag barrels have normal automag twist lock threading?

quazi224
08-29-2003, 03:33 PM
can u tell me what kind of gas thru foregrip that is and what kind of drop. and if macroline fits the foregrip

darklord
08-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by slimsunny34
Do I have to get a ULE body for an x valve? And do Emag barrels have normal automag twist lock threading? No you don't need a ULE body. E-mag bodies do accept standard twist-lock threads. I would highly recommend a ULE body (or equivalent) though. Gives you a lot more options, but you'd need a cocker threaded barrel. If I were you though, I'd keep your current setup, try out a few other markers yourself, and then see how that goes. You may get an e-mag, but you may end up with something different. The decision is yours, though.

coolcatpete
08-29-2003, 06:25 PM
x-valves are awsome I love mine but if you have the money go for the e-mag b/c it will come with the x-valve

wobbles82
08-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Just think of it as a money situation. If you think you can say sell your mag, id say like Fists did around 250-300, and then shell out another 300-350 bucks for an Emag do that. The X-Valve will give you the advantages of an Emag in mechanical mode. Your marker will be a bit lighter than what some of the non ULE Emags will be, but thats just weight, your looking for performance. With the X-Valve and an Intelliframe youll be able to rip quite well, but I would suggest going E. Have all your options open, and the best way to do so is to stick with the Emag. I have a ULE RTPX though and I love it to death, but most people prefer the E.

Spartan X
08-30-2003, 12:54 AM
Buy the Time you get a X-vlave you could almost have had a E-mag...with better performace.

jayloo
08-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Advice from an emag owner...

Have u shot an emag? Did u like it? If yes then deffinately get an emag and slap LX in it then buy a lot of paint and shoot some fools. Later add a ule body (nicad is making some pimp ones) and barrel.

A used stock emag will run about $550 used...+ or - $50.

slimsunny34
08-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Would you suggest getting a used emag off ebay? I can only pay using paypal so is there anywhere else i can find one?

Eatem Alive
08-30-2003, 11:57 PM
I don't know if they still have it but, Ace hardware in Lodi, ca had an E-mag with a warp feed for around $600 (seriously) brand new. It was ordered for somebody who flaked and for some reason, all the idiots out here think cockers, angels, and timmys are the way to go. They just don't get it.