PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Problem

Smitty2k1
08-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey guys big problem here...
I own a pure energy 68/3k steel tank.
The tank currently has like 1200 psi in it. And the problem is when i screw it into my ASA, no air comes out. I can even press in the pin with my finger, and I press it in all the way, and still, no air comes out. It slowly started letting out less and less psi, untill finally it stopped. I know I shouldnt be able to really press in the pin with my finger unless the tank is REALLY low on psi, but I know thats not the case.
Sooooo uhhhhhh whats wrong with my tank?

laxster08
08-29-2003, 08:25 PM
hmm...very wierd..the only thing i could think of is that ur guage isn't reading the PSI correctly...maybe that could be it?

Madhatter
09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
if you are 100% sure there is air in the tank and you don't have a blown gauge then the only 2 things it could be is a mushroomed reg seat or a air passage from the tank to the reg is blocked either way do not under any conditions try and repair it yourself.

Smitty2k1
09-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Just as an update, I had to send it back to the factory, it still hasnt been sent because they wont give me an RA number, but they told me to unscrew the gage to leak the rest of the pressure, worked good, but it was kinda scary.

Madhatter
09-11-2003, 09:28 PM
People who do this stuff all the time can get hurt messing with H.P. and the nimrods at pure energy tell smitty to do it him/herself. oh yeah i fogot these are the same guys who forgot to put the bleed off whole in the burst disc nut, so you where left with a.....never mind they're just dumb.:mad:

Nobody077
09-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Do you alwase rember to put a cap on your fill nipple to keed dirt out? If I would have to guess I would think that you got dirt in your tank thats now blocking the Reg.

I realy dont know what PE was thinking when they told you to lossen a gauge to vent the tank:( You could have had a gauge rocket.

Smitty2k1
09-12-2003, 06:59 AM
Yeha I always have a nipple cover on there, and always use a threadsaver when its not on the gun.

Like I said it CAME this way from the factory where I had already sent it in for a leak. So they broke it.

And taking off that gauge is scary stuff :)

GA Devil
09-12-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah be careful messing with the tank. A buddy of mine everything air certified made the mistake takin a reg apart with an aired up tank thinking it was empty. There was a pin inside that was stuck causing no air to come out (which is why he took for granted it was empty). When the just touched the pin with his finger it dislodged and shot the pin through his finger causeing him some serious pain. So remember air tanks arent nothing to screw with even when you know what your doing.