PDA

View Full Version : Hopper left and Hopper right.....

zyklon69
08-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Anyone like one over the other and why? I've had a automag hopper left and i thought it was fine, but now im getting a minimag hopper right, and im not sure if i'd like it.

coolcatpete
08-29-2003, 06:34 PM
I personally think that if you are right handed get left feed b/c you pop out of you right side more often, not that much more often but enough to make a difference and this goes visa-versa too. Hope this helps

wobbles82
08-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Ive have both, and can personally say that left did seem a bit better. Why? Not because I shoot righty, its just because the hopper seems to balance better that way IMO. If you have a hopper right though, you can easily get a warp-feed setup, so thats a plus. But you must not really think that it matters what hand youll be playing..if your playing say speedball. Playing both sides of the bunker is a necessity so learn to use both hands and keep the hopper in. Shooting right with a pf left is VERY convienent, so if you play moreoever the right side of a bunker I suppose pf left is better, but even if you shoot lefty you can lean the marker quite well to keep the hopper in. OTHER than all that jibba jabba, thats about all the difference I see. Hope that helps. ;)

nt2004
08-29-2003, 08:46 PM
ya know if you dont like it theres several choices to fix it i.e a new minimag body, a ULE body, or even a warp so there isnt much to worry about.

zyklon69
08-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Well, ive got a ule and i don't like the cheapness of the aluminum ".." or the shine of the unanodzied one, and the minimag body is what ive always wanted since i first got an automag. Hopefully ill be able to find a polished hopper left mag and sell my ule.

dinger
08-29-2003, 09:43 PM
i like hopper rights because i shoot lefty, so it is an advantage when snapshooting

Infratracide
08-29-2003, 10:59 PM
after going through a right feed piranha and a 99 cocker, i prefer the feel of my left feed minimag. It stays behind the bunker when i lean right. Im right handed. you might think it will get in the way of your aiming that is most likly not true because i usually aim down side of my barrel with both eyes open.

dinger
08-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Infratracide
...i usually aim down side of my barrel with both eyes open.

and there ain't no better way to do it :D

Infratracide
08-30-2003, 10:21 PM
dude thats if i aim at all :D