PDA

View Full Version : Pump Mag Question?

space_weazel_45
08-29-2003, 06:38 PM
it seems to me that with the pump on the mag you would have the same problem as a bolt that was stuck forward, because as soon as you release the trigger then the air begins to flow agin thus blowing out through the power tube or is there some thing happening that prevents the air from flowing till the bolt is reseated? i know this kit works im just not understanding how the on/off is affected.

thanks

Southpaw
08-29-2003, 08:12 PM
I dont know the answer to the ? but you way want to post in the tech forum you may have a better shot at an answer

cougar20th
08-29-2003, 09:21 PM
i do nothing more than add the spring and spacer behind the bolt. never have a problem with it leaking. maybe the bolt goes far enough back to seal stuff before reset.

Lee
08-30-2003, 05:58 AM
the thinner bumper allows the pin in the center of the bolt to remain close enought to the spacer to keep it from leaking.
the on/off isn't affected at all by a pump kit.

Hexis
08-30-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by space_weazel_45
it seems to me that with the pump on the mag you would have the same problem as a bolt that was stuck forward, because as soon as you release the trigger then the air begins to flow agin thus blowing out through the power tube or is there some thing happening that prevents the air from flowing till the bolt is reseated? i know this kit works im just not understanding how the on/off is affected.

That's not how the sear interacts with the bolt at all.

When you pull the trigger you rotate the sear. At this point two things happen. The bolt is released, starting the firing cycle. And the on/off pin is depressed, shutting off the valve's recharge.

While the bolt is forward the sear can not fully reset, whick keeps the on/off in the off position.

With a pump kit, artificial bolt stick is created. It doesn't allow the bolt to return all of the way. This keeps the on/off in the off position. When you "pump" you are really fully reseting the bolt. This allows the sear to return to the resting position, and allows the on/off to recharge the dump chamber. And the gun is ready to fire a paintball.