PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag Leaking

roadw2000
08-29-2003, 09:48 PM
Hey I got a problem, I just got this classic mag in the mail, and I went to go shoot it and i got two shots out normally and then the thing went to heck on me and started shooting out air through the barrel, and sometimes it would be rapid firing air out through the regulator nut on back. I went through and replaced every oring, cleaned it all, and re oiled it. Then it leaked still. The only thing I didnt replace was the regulator pin seat cause I didnt have one. I want to know for sure first before I order one, is this my problem?

Also, I looked at a bunch of the diagrams on here and I noticed that the on/off pin I got doesnt look like the ones in the diagrams. While the ones in the diagrams are basically a straight pin, mine is really thin where it comes out and makes contact with the sear, and then wide at top. Is this right for my mag?

BlackVCG
08-30-2003, 04:40 PM
If it's just the standard Classic Valve, NOT an RT valve, then you have the wrong on/off assembly for it. Go to the AGD store and look under the Parts Section. You'll see the classic Mag on/off assembly. If that's not what you have, you need one of those.

To debug the gun, gas it up and pull and hold the trigger. If it still leaks, you have a problem in the back half of the gun. If it stops leaking by holding the trigger, your problem is in the on/off or the powertube. Does it just have the Level 7 bolt? if so, try a shorter PT spacer. You should have a .215" or .220" in there right now. Make sure the o-ring is installed first, then the spacer and then the tip.

Nobody077
08-31-2003, 07:14 PM
After you check the things BlackVCG suggested just rember the first thing to check if air is venting from the back of your gun(the velocity adjuster) is your velocity, try turning the velocity adjuster out a turn or to untill the venting stops, you may want to take a shot every 1/2 turn or so to relive the pressure. If you back out the velocity adjuster untill the gun wont shoot and it is still leaking out the back check you regulator piston o-ring, if you replace the o-ring and still have the problem the piston my need to be replaced.

roadw2000
08-31-2003, 07:25 PM
Well ok, I know i got the wrong on/off then, and then the gun leaks mainly down the barrel even when I would hold the trigger. It would shoot out of the back of the velocity adjuster sometimes even after I tried screwing the velocity in more.

roadw2000
08-31-2003, 07:26 PM
Also, how do I know if I got a level 7? Also how do I get the powertube spacers out. Thanks for help guys.