PDA

View Full Version : the alien?

xadamx
08-29-2003, 11:49 PM
whatever happened to it? ive yet to see somebody talk about owning one or anything. does anybody have one or have shot one?

spydervenom
08-29-2003, 11:55 PM
i dont know if they've gone into production yet.

but i shot one at IAO...i'd love one. it was pretty sweet.

xadamx
08-30-2003, 12:05 AM
is it as ugly in real life as on the website?

Spartan X
08-30-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by xadamx
is it as ugly in real life as on the website?

YES

I got to shoot it at IAO too...It did not impress me. The Only point of it being boltless was to have the feed nect so far back and to make the gun short (barrel wise). To my knowledge it can still chop because the sliding door is operated by a Pneumatic ram...nothing special here folcs...oh and after i ripped on it, it broke...that was not good.

nastymag
08-30-2003, 03:44 AM
Alien ? ... i havent heard of this

can someone give me a link or somthing ?

FalconGuy016
08-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Its been on both my pro shops walls for a couple of weeks now.
I really do like the trigger, its interesting.

Nastymag, its an intimidator (well... I think thats the "alien" they are talkinga bout)

coolcatpete
08-30-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Its been on both my pro shops walls for a couple of weeks now.
I really do like the trigger, its interesting.

Nastymag, its an intimidator (well... I think thats the "alien" they are talkinga bout)

no it is not it is a boltless marker that looks wierd you are thinking of the species this is the alien.
here it is

Smitty2k1
08-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Eww.

Load SM5
08-30-2003, 09:57 AM
Yea I shot it at IAO. The trigger felt nice but it was long as heck for an E-gun They said they had plans for making the trigger shorter, but the whole gun felt sloppy and a little cheaply made.

Plus, God help me, it was ugly.

Spartan X
08-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Why do they even bother :rolleyes:

rikkter
08-30-2003, 10:02 AM
i remember the person that posted pictures of when they were first devoloping that here on AO..

its neat to see it actually went somewhere

dinger
08-30-2003, 11:02 AM
that thing is really unusual... but how does the marker shoot if it has no bolt?

is it meaning it just relies off of air :o

FooTemps
08-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, hopefully it's going to be built better when it goes into production. I've been following it on pbnation and every event he's brought it to, he just tossed it together as quickly as possible just to have a working proto.

Splat
08-30-2003, 01:43 PM
That is Fawking UGLY!!!

FooTemps
08-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Splat
That is Fawking UGLY!!!

YEP! That's the only way to get it fawking small! Oh well, I guess sometimes you have to trade performance with looks.

IcantBelieveit
08-30-2003, 02:49 PM
well...i for one think it looks pretty neat. Its unusual looking yes. But it does not look like a shocker spyder, timmy and all the other mainstream guns...I give him credit for daring to be different. If the performance issues work themselves out i would probably consider buyingone

FRENZY
08-30-2003, 05:25 PM
E.T. phone home!
http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/movie/et/47.jpg

No sKiLLz
08-30-2003, 07:58 PM
To become a widely accepted new design, this Alien would need to have a distinct advantage over our more common electros other than the idea of being an overgrown blowgun. Since I haven't heard anyone, neither then nor now, say this is more accurate by far or insanely gas efficient or capable of spewing out 40 BPS, I think this is an idea that needs to be ditched. The Alien would have to gaurantee I hit everything I shoot at to make me put my markers up for sale.

Mag Master 04
08-30-2003, 11:20 PM
dose it have a designated vomiting area?:confused:

jpdgas
08-31-2003, 01:50 AM
If you want to see a pretty no-bolt marker that wont chop check out the epic. its a mech, but that dont confront me.
take a look:

http://www.icepaintball.com/

FooTemps
08-31-2003, 01:56 AM
ever consider the alien has more performance than the epic?

Nick O time
08-31-2003, 02:05 AM
an evolution 2 on that thing or like a huge 88 tank with no drop or whatever and like a 4 inch gen x 4 barrel. it wouldnt even make it past the front of the gun. lmao the freak show gun. :D

elpimpo
08-31-2003, 02:11 AM
look how far back the freakin feed neck is

Nick O time
08-31-2003, 02:13 AM
my point exactly

jpdgas
08-31-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
ever consider the alien has more performance than the epic?

No, not really. The only electro marker i would consider would be an emag anyway. I dont care for any boltless marker and i dont think electronics=performance. If you have some documentation of the alien out-performing the epic i think this would be a great opportunity to share it. I posted the epic link because it may be of interest to those looking for this style of marker. Also, the alien does not really look any smaller or even as small as my mini with a 10' barrel, so whats the big deal?

spydervenom
08-31-2003, 08:02 AM
it also has a was board and ace.

Matt_mg
08-31-2003, 01:35 PM
the whole damn thing screams "bolt-less sliding door cocker-like marker"

look at it closely there's a "ram" part that goes to the door...

I'm not saying it sucks, I'm saying it won't revolutionise anything...

Spartan X
08-31-2003, 02:41 PM
Can't wait for Jim to finish his electro epic :)

jpdgas
08-31-2003, 02:49 PM
So he is working on an elctro one then huh? ive always wanted to shoot an epic, but ive never gone down to S.C., I guess they demo them there. I like the idea, but i dont trust it and im in love with my marker, so oh well. i see the price has dropped too, used to be over 700!

PaintballSmurf13
09-01-2003, 12:31 AM
I creator of the alien lives only a few miles from me and plays at the field I play at:D . I shot it about a month ago, its pretty sweet. I like it's overall feel. It had a really short trigger pull. He said it should be done soon. I don't know if I would use it as a primary gun. I think is a nice gun but i think it would balance horribly the way i would set it up.

-Ryan F.

FooTemps
09-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Hmm, forgot about the electro epic... I guess that's a toss up for better performance then.

jpdgas
09-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Im not sure how you gauge performance, but i dont belive that electronics make a marker perform. I think any of the mech agd markers and even cockers out perform electro markers like spyders. performance is not a measure of speed alone, it also consists of reliability, consistency, efficiancy and durability to name a few. the alien might be a great marker, but a mech epic may also be better. im not one to judge because i dont have the experience. but i do know that an electro frame does not make a great marker.

FalconGuy016
09-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
i remember the person that posted pictures of when they were first devoloping that here on AO..

its neat to see it actually went somewhere

I remember that too

FooTemps
09-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by jpdgas
Im not sure how you gauge performance, but i dont belive that electronics make a marker perform. I think any of the mech agd markers and even cockers out perform electro markers like spyders. performance is not a measure of speed alone, it also consists of reliability, consistency, efficiancy and durability to name a few. the alien might be a great marker, but a mech epic may also be better. im not one to judge because i dont have the experience. but i do know that an electro frame does not make a great marker.

most of the time electrically controlled systems run better than mechanical. There is a clear performance advantage of having an eblade over a mech cocker. The electronic timing works better and there is no more short stroking. Get my drift?

Jerhew
09-01-2003, 09:53 PM
the ice epic's creator has a patent pending on trap door feeds...
i wonder how this will affect the alien...

FooTemps
09-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I saw the patent comment come up on the thread and I'm very interested how they will avoid a lawsuit. They said that the function of the trap door system is completely different but it doesn't change the fact that it's a trap door in a paintball marker.

spydervenom
09-02-2003, 10:53 AM
interesting. i dunno how they will avoid it. i think it might be in their best interests to make an agreement.

but this patent must've been pending for quite some time...epics have been out for quite a while havent they?

Jerhew
09-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by spydervenom
interesting. i dunno how they will avoid it. i think it might be in their best interests to make an agreement.

but this patent must've been pending for quite some time...epics have been out for quite a while havent they?
they have been out for quite awhile but
based on what i read on their website...they just finally got around to patenting it relatively recently...

spydervenom
09-02-2003, 02:00 PM
well you can't patent a product after its been on the market for a year...maybe two.

Quickling
09-02-2003, 08:37 PM
um...why is there that little 'wing' by the feedneck?

That asked, I think that its neat to see new guns... no matter how sexy or ugly... diversity is what keeps a sport driven by products interesting. :)